University of Colorado c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im acutally very happy about the $1000 deposit. It hopefully prevents people from saving their spot at multiple schools, leaving more spots open for other applicants. When I talked with Cecelia she said you wouldnt believe how many people did not show up on the first day of school, and it just sucks for the people who are on the waitlist (like myself from last year) that dont get the opportunity to attend because of that. Also it goes toward your tuition so you have to pay it anyways at some point.

Members don't see this ad.

....and I am officially $1,000 lighter. It only stings a little! ;)

im acutally very happy about the $1000 deposit. It hopefully prevents people from saving their spot at multiple schools, leaving more spots open for other applicants. When I talked with Cecelia she said you wouldnt believe how many people did not show up on the first day of school, and it just sucks for the people who are on the waitlist (like myself from last year) that dont get the opportunity to attend because of that. Also it goes toward your tuition so you have to pay it anyways at some point.

You know I hadn't even thought about that. Thanks for that perspective!! I couldn't imagine screwing people I over like that. I have been very quick at letting the other schools I'm accepted to/waitlisted for that I've accepted admission to another program.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know I hadn't even thought about that. Thanks for that perspective!! I couldn't imagine screwing people I over like that. I have been very quick at letting the other schools I'm accepted to/waitlisted for that I've accepted admission to another program.

well hopefully there are more people like you out there.:) I had two other interviews lined up, but once I heard from cu i cancelled them immediately cause i knew i wanted to stay instate. i have a classmate who also plans on attending cu, but she refused to give up her interviews at other schools, even though she has no interest in them. it blows my mind, seriously you cant attend two schools at once so you might as well give your spot to someone else.

Last edited:
just out of curiosity, does anyone still need to complete biochem and anatomy & physiology II over the summer??? i couldn't get into the classes this spring semester, so i have to take it over the summer. i feel that i did an awesome job at the interview, but i hope not finishing my pre-reqs will have a negative impact on my acceptance decision... :(

i have a classmate who also plans on attending cu, but she refused to give up her interviews at other schools, even though she has no interest in them. it blows my mind, seriously you cant attend two schools at once so you might as well give your spot to someone else.

Wow that's insane! I canceled my interviews with Temple and Wyoming right when I found out I got into CU. Since I applied to all out of state schools, it was just so expensive to travel all over for those interviews. Plus, it's exhausting flip flopping through time zones. And I'm wrapping up Physiology right now and it's not very fun to travel and study. At least not for me... :D

I'm sure you will hear something soon. Maybe its stuck in the mail system somewhere. My letter took 7 days to get to me in central CA, which is kind of ridiculous.

I'm in SoCal so I hope it is just stuck in the system. Nothing today again. Thanks for the hope. I have an interview scheduled for a different school next Wednesday but if I get into Colorado I can totally cancel that interview since Colorado is my top choice.

Wow that's insane! I canceled my interviews with Temple and Wyoming right when I found out I got into CU. Since I applied to all out of state schools, it was just so expensive to travel all over for those interviews. Plus, it's exhausting flip flopping through time zones. And I'm wrapping up Physiology right now and it's not very fun to travel and study. At least not for me... :D

yeah, wyoming was one of the interviews she attended despite having no interest. wyoming totally blew me off even though i went there for undergrad, one of my references was even a wyo prof. laramie sucks most of the time anyways. housing is so slim so the prices are insanely high and the cold actually froze my ipod (literally) i had to use my warrenty to get a new one! honestly if i had to pick between the two i would still pick cu!

anyone know anything about living at amli at lowry estates?? Looks really nice online! How about the neighborhood? any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

I am sending in my letter to UC-Denver letting them know that I am accepting admission to another program. I hope this opens up a spot for one of you who may still be waiting to hear back.

Good luck!

I am sending in my letter to UC-Denver letting them know that I am accepting admission to another program. I hope this opens up a spot for one of you who may still be waiting to hear back.

Good luck!

Congratulations on your acceptances!

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from the 2/23rd interview or before?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have already visited the place and its pretty nice, it just as nice as stapleton, or fitzsimmons, but you have a little more square footage, for the price. The whole facility is surrounded by a 8ft rod iron fence, and its backed up to the golf course. The area is pretty clean around there, its a little older crowd but still has good shopping and restaurants. Its only about 10 min to the campus as well. After looking around its what I like best, and Im pretty sure its where I plan to live.

thanks for the info. I'm still trying to weigh my options but this place looks great!

Good luck!

Just curious.. but why did you choose MWU-CPG over Colorado? I actually ended up choosing Colorado over MWU-CPG last year so just wondering what your reasons were. Anyhow, congrats on your two acceptances. :)

Just curious.. but why did you choose MWU-CPG over Colorado? I actually ended up choosing Colorado over MWU-CPG last year so just wondering what your reasons were. Anyhow, congrats on your two acceptances. :)

Very interesting switch...you and I. I ended up choosing MWU-CPG over Colorado because of the feel that I got from the faculty during the interview day. It was a gut feeling that led me to believe that I would be a more well-rounded pharmacist there.

It was a completely unexpected feeling because I have been a researcher for a biotech company for the last 2.5 years and was looking forward to the opportunity to attending such a highly NIH funded school. I felt that the students really enjoyed the program but something didn't feel right for me.

May I ask you the same question? Are you still liking your choice for the same reason?

PLus MWG will save you about 100k. Why the heck is UC almost 50k/year for a non-resident??

For out-of-state students its around 32K the first year. Then you can apply for in-state status and get 16k for the next 3 years.

I was looking at total expenses so I guess the tuition alone is 32k. Total expenses come up to 50k per the sheet given in the interview. Plus becoming a resident is not guaranteed, in fact I hear it is quite hard. If one is a non-resident for 4 years, it's cheaper to go to Hawaii for school.

True but it all depends on the state. It's fairly simple to become a colorado resident. Switch your permanent address to CO, obtain an in-state drivers license and so on. Hawaii makes it very hard to become an in-state resident if you've relocated their for school. UC was fairly upfront with letting us know that most students can get in-state after the first year. When I was in Hawaii, UH told me not to count on getting in-state status because it was next to impossible.

Yep becoming in state is pretty easy and they did say most people become in state after the first year. I think that CU is one of the cheapest schools I've seen or applied to for sure

Some tidbits:
I remember in the interview that the deposit was $1000, but I also remember Beverly (or maybe it Cecilia) mentioning that the university would most likely refund this non-refundable deposit as long as you give them an advanced notice. I took this to mean about a month or so before school starting was the deadline. I just don't think they wanted to guarantee that so that the policy wouldn't be abused.
I was interviewed on February 20th, and my letter (dated March 9th) was received March 14th, and I live in WA state.

What I'm really curious about is housing. I would like to buy a condo, but I am at a loss as to where to start. From what some have said, living in certain parts of Aurora seems like a good idea, or in the border area between Aurora and Denver. I have some friends in Boulder, and I really like that area too. And I've heard people say that Stapleton and downtown Denver are nice too. I don't want a yard (hence the condo idea), but I would like 1 or 2 bedrooms in a neighborhood that I won't be in danger of burglary, and might even feel comfortable having packages left on my porch. Any input would be appreciated!

Some tidbits:
I remember in the interview that the deposit was $1000, but I also remember Beverly (or maybe it Cecilia) mentioning that the university would most likely refund this non-refundable deposit as long as you give them an advanced notice. I took this to mean about a month or so before school starting was the deadline. I just don't think they wanted to guarantee that so that the policy wouldn't be abused.
I was interviewed on February 20th, and my letter (dated March 9th) was received March 14th, and I live in WA state.

What I'm really curious about is housing. I would like to buy a condo, but I am at a loss as to where to start. From what some have said, living in certain parts of Aurora seems like a good idea, or in the border area between Aurora and Denver. I have some friends in Boulder, and I really like that area too. And I've heard people say that Stapleton and downtown Denver are nice too. I don't want a yard (hence the condo idea), but I would like 1 or 2 bedrooms in a neighborhood that I won't be in danger of burglary, and might even feel comfortable having packages left on my porch. Any input would be appreciated!

Boulder is nice, but is an hour away from campus, if you can handle the commute, then i guess you can consider it.

Aurora or denver, would work, since the campus borders the two. Denver is more city like, aurora is more suburban. Downtown, Lowry, and stapleton, and park hill can be expensive to live. anywhere in denver between downtown, and CU campus (except the ones metioned earlier) you should be able to find a good price.

Good luck

Boulder is nice, but is an hour away from campus, if you can handle the commute, then i guess you can consider it.
The drive from my friends' house in Boulder to campus on interview day only took 25 minutes, but this was at 10 AM or so. Is traffic that much worse at 7 AM?
I'm looking at Lowry, Cherry Creek and Stapleton so far, but I'm not sure what kind of loan I qualify for knowing that I'll be reducing my income greatly while I'm a student.
On a Lowry note, there seems to be a military flavor in there - do I have to be in the military to live there? Also, per this thread, there's a big fence around it - is it a gated fence, or just for looks? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I figure y'all either know more than I do, or could similarly benefit from the answers I might get.

The drive from my friends' house in Boulder to campus on interview day only took 25 minutes, but this was at 10 AM or so. Is traffic that much worse at 7 AM?

How did it take you 25 minutes? I live closer to Boulder than the campus and it always takes me longer than that, even at midnight. There can be a lot of traffic and if the weather is bad, you might miss class. Boulder will cost more to buy or rent a place just because it is Boulder. You might be better off just renting a place for the first year and getting a feel for the area. I know some P1's doing that did that and are looking at places now.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted into the School of Pharmacy. I am currently a P2 (second year student) in the school of pharmacy at Colorado and will be looking for a roommate next year. I will be able to mentor first year students in their education and be able to pass along study guides for exams and final exams. If anyone is interested in a roommate as well, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected] so we can exchange contact information. Again, congrats to those who have been accepted.

Congrats to all who have been accepted. I am excited to work with all of you. I was accepted last week and dropped $1000 dollars. :soexcited: My little family is looking forward to moving to colorado. :clap: If anyone has an idea for housing for a family, 2-3 bedroom, please let me know. Thanks and good luck to those still hoping. :rofl:

yeah baby got my immunizations done. All that is left is basic cpr and a place to live.

Congrats to all who have been accepted. I am excited to work with all of you. I was accepted last week and dropped $1000 dollars. :soexcited: My little family is looking forward to moving to colorado. :clap: If anyone has an idea for housing for a family, 2-3 bedroom, please let me know. Thanks and good luck to those still hoping. :rofl:

I am still hoping. I wonder when will we hear back...

Im wondering too. We should hear back by the end of the month. Im calling next friday to find out if im in so i can possibly save a deposit for Midwestern.

anybody got a call today to do the english proficiency phone interview AFTER you already interviewed at the school? I'm confused, I thought that was strictly before interviews just to make sure you can attend the actual on site interview?

Has anyone from the March 2nd interview heard back yet?

I interviewed the 23rd and heard back a couple of weeks ago. However, I know that they were on spring break last week and didn't review any apps. I don't know when the review committee meets but there was a blizzard in Denver today, so more than likely the university was closed and most thing are closed friday too.

anybody got a call today to do the english proficiency phone interview AFTER you already interviewed at the school? I'm confused, I thought that was strictly before interviews just to make sure you can attend the actual on site interview?

yeah, i got the call a couple days ago. i thought it was weird but whatever.

hey "bdo" and "thesteve1",

yeah i got that same call on the 26th...weird. i didn't state that english was my second language on the supplemental application and already finished the on-site interview. maybe they couldn't read what i wrote on the written portion?? :idea: lol...the only thing that stood out that i remember kimberly saying during the call was something like, "we're selecting a couple of people for this, you're still in the running". so maybe it's a good thing :)

OK, someone tell me I'm just being irrational. I interviewed on 2/2 and haven't heard a single word since. Be honest with me - am I not getting in, or do I still have a shot? My gut tells me it's up to who declines and how the last few batches of interviews go and things like that but I'm starting to get pretty neurotic about it.

OK, someone tell me I'm just being irrational. I interviewed on 2/2 and haven't heard a single word since. Be honest with me - am I not getting in, or do I still have a shot? My gut tells me it's up to who declines and how the last few batches of interviews go and things like that but I'm starting to get pretty neurotic about it.

I would be worried if I were in your shoes, but really the only thing you can do at this point is wait. I would try to think of it in a good way...they are still evaluating applications and you can still get accepted. At my interview they told us that everyone should know their status by the end of the first week in April. That's not too far off so you should be hearing something very soon. They also said some people will find out before others but it doesn't mean those people are any better than those who find out of their acceptance later. Good luck to you.:luck: I hope you get some good news really soon!

I would be worried if I were in your shoes, but really the only thing you can do at this point is wait. I would try to think of it in a good way...they are still evaluating applications and you can still get accepted. At my interview they told us that everyone should know their status by the end of the first week in April. That's not too far off so you should be hearing something very soon. They also said some people will find out before others but it doesn't mean those people are any better than those who find out of their acceptance later. Good luck to you.:luck: I hope you get some good news really soon!

They also said some people will find out before others but it doesn't mean those people are any better than those who find out of their acceptance later.

Yeah, they said this on 2/2 as well, and I think it is crap. Haha. Seriously...doesn't make sense.
I interviewed 2/2 as well, and have not heard anything either. However, I was accepted to Creighton long ago and have been waiting to hear from Kansas as well...and so Colorado, although I am an in-stater, has pretty much dropped off my list, for several reasons (you can PM me if you'd like details).
Congrats to everyone who got in, hope you like the school!

hey
i interviewed on the 23rd of feb and i havent heard anything yet ... :( i applied as an international student so im trying to figure out if that is the reason why its taking longer..is there anyone out there who applied as an international student and already got an acceptance letter??

I don't think your International status has anything to do with it, preety. I know someone who applied 2/23 and hasn't heard either. I just think it means you didn't make the first cut. I applied 2/2 and haven't heard. It's driving me crazy though...

i spoke with BB, and she pretty much said the committee had not even met as of Monday! apparently they had a week long of spring break and then caught some bad weather, which pushed back a lot of their admission decision work. So it is really not surprising that ppl who interviewed towards the end havent heard anything. Also, i think they might not even make all the decisions by the first week... who knows.

just sit back and relax... enjoy the waiting

I was notified that the admissions committe will meet this Friday, so for those who are waiting will not hear back until after that. Good luck everyone :) :xf:

I'm going to call friday afternoon and see if a decision has been made yet on my file. They are taking too long to make decisions.

"Some bad weather." Nice way of putting it. The whole city shut down last Thursday, and then traffic on Monday was fairly well gridlocked, and apparently it snowed a good bit last night... I don't know if that has an impact on the school today or not (I went on vacation). Thanks for the update! It's good to know that I won't know until the middle of next week.

BearDown, you have some leverage if you've been accepted somehwere else, because you can tell them that CU remains your school of first choice but that other programs are demanding deposits and this puts you in a difficult position.

Do they let all candidates know by regular mail, or email, or both?

Haha yeah it was a "blizzard" but compared to other ones we've had it was nothing. I had a snow day though, so it definitely caused some issues for schools.
At this point I don't really care when CU tells me their decision on my file because I will not be attending. So if they accept me, there will be one more spot for the rest of you guys! Hope everyone is having a good week.

Haha yeah it was a "blizzard" but compared to other ones we've had it was nothing. I had a snow day though, so it definitely caused some issues for schools.
At this point I don't really care when CU tells me their decision on my file because I will not be attending. So if they accept me, there will be one more spot for the rest of you guys! Hope everyone is having a good week.

have u called them to let them know u'll be pulling out ur ap? cuz u should probably do that if you knoe for sure ur not going there