University of Colorado c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my acceptance package in the mail today, and I'm an in-stater...so those of you other in-staters waiting should hear soon.

Members don't see this ad.

I got in too!!! yay. now the decision.... NYC or Denver? hum.....

I got an acceptance e-mail today and I am taking it. CU was my number one choice. I am an out-of-state student if you're curious. Best of luck to all of you on the waitlist and all of you attending other schools. For people debateing attending other schools, the faster you make your decision, the faster someone on either school's waitlist can start making plans for next semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
thesteve, I am in-state. I think all emails went out all at once. My packet is supposedly in the post.

IrishOats, are you still going to Creighton?

Those of you that got waitlisted, do you know your position on the waitlist or do they just contact you when your name comes up?

Those of you that got waitlisted, do you know your position on the waitlist or do they just contact you when your name comes up?[/quote]

They said they did not put us in any rankings so its basically when your name comes up.
I agree if there is anyone out there who got in and doesnt plan on attending let them know ASAP..or as soon as you make a decision. so that the people on the wait-list can get spots :)

I'm an out of state applicant and I just got my acceptance email today. I will be asking to defer admission for one year so that will open a spot for someone.

IrishOats, are you still going to Creighton?

I'm pretty sure I will be, but I am going to talk to a few more Colorado alumni as well as my family this weekend just to be 100%. In my acceptance package it said I have until April 20th to send in a deposit, but I'd like to make a final decision this weekend so that a spot can be opened up as soon as possible at the school I decide to decline.

Once again, congrats buddy on getting accepted! They sure made us wait long enough. :)

Hey, I am also waitlisted:rolleyes: and want to attend CU! Hopefully I will! Keeping my fingers crossed! So if you have been accepted and not going to attend please let us waitlisted folks please have a chance!! Thanks! Congrats! on everyone who got acceptedddd!!

Question: Do people actually get rejected or are they just put on the waitlist!

Hi everyone. I got my acceptance letter today and I live in Colorado. There is one more spot out there though because I am choosing deferment. There are a variety of reasons for me chooing deferment including the fact that I feel burt out of school and would be much more motivated next year as well as the fact that I want to study a language abroad and generally get more out of my bubble.
Best of luck to everyone.

Hi everyone. I got my acceptance letter today and I live in Colorado. There is one more spot out there though because I am choosing deferment. There are a variety of reasons for me chooing deferment including the fact that I feel burt out of school and would be much more motivated next year as well as the fact that I want to study a language abroad and generally get more out of my bubble.
Thank you knarf135 for making your decision so quickly. I am on their waitlisted and hope to hear some good new from them soon.

Congrats to those who have just been accepted! I look forward to meeting everyone in the fall!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Question: Do people actually get rejected or are they just put on the waitlist!

Good question. Anyone out there get a flat rejection? I got one from Regis, but they interviewed 4x the number they needed. My guess is CU waitlists everyone unless they really ruin it at the interview.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Colorado?

Man... I difinetely will not defer my spot this year. I am not getting any younger...you know. i mean, at 24 right now, i'll be 28-29 by the time I graduate. But kudos to you... a year off sounds great!

Got accepted today. Im giving up my spot (adcom took too long) so some other lucky person gets a spot.

Got accepted today. Im giving up my spot (adcom took too long) so some other lucky person gets a spot.

I'm glad to hear you didn't go back on your decision when the acceptance came in. Make sure you decline quickly! Best of luck at Midwestern.

Oh, and the bonus is that you get done a year sooner - nice!

Any Colorado residents who still need a CPR certification? I thought it might be fun to all do it together, if we can make that work. Anyone?

I will be declining my seat as well. Good luck to those who are still waiting and hoping to hear from them, and to those on the waitlist!

Any Colorado residents who still need a CPR certification? I thought it might be fun to all do it together, if we can make that work. Anyone?
i need my mine. what part of the state do you live?

I will be declining my seat as well. Good luck to those who are still waiting and hoping to hear from them, and to those on theaitlist!

Good to hear you're staying strong.

for those of you who were accepted awhile ago and turned in all your forms, have you heard anything back from the school about orientation, schedules, etc.?

for those of you who were accepted awhile ago and turned in all your forms, have you heard anything back from the school about orientation, schedules, etc.?

I have not heard anything yet. I know they cashed my deposit check and my background check fee went through as well. I'm really anxious to hear about the financial aid and get that going. I'm sure we'll be getting some new information soon.

I recall hearing somewhere that we should be getting an orientation packet in the mail by June.

Just received my acceptance package in the mail yesterday!

I live in NC so it must have really booked it here

i am also looking for a potential roommate. going to fly out in late may and early june to look for places to live. Male or female roommate does not matter. I am very clean with shared spaces and maybe a little messy with my own room space. I can cook a few Asian dishes and I eat lots of rice. I don't think they have any ranch 99 markets in Denver though. Extemely nocturnal, but not a noisy person. Email me at [email protected] if you want to talk more.

Congratulations to all who have been accepted!! I was on vacation last week and just read my email and I have been wait listed :(. I know it's unranked so does that mean they review the whole applicant pool of wait listers? Does anyone know someone from Colorado who was waitlisted and eventually was accepted? Thanks...trying to stay positive.

i need my mine. what part of the state do you live?

hey, I already have my certification, but I may need to take a re-fresher course. When you thinking about taking it? I live in Lakewood, but won't be back there until the end of May

i live in lakewood, but won't be back until the end of may. when are you thinking about taking the course?

i live down south past colorado springs, im not sure when im taking it yet, but i probably wont drive up north to do it, it would have been cool to take it with future classmates though so i guess ill just see you guys in aug.

i live down south past colorado springs, im not sure when im taking it yet, but i probably wont drive up north to do it, it would have been cool to take it with future classmates though so i guess ill just see you guys in aug.

Power, are you planning on commuting for class? If you're moving, when?

mlenfsk, I have no problem waiting. Let me see what's being offered in June or July.

Power, are you planning on commuting for class? If you're moving, when?

mlenfsk, I have no problem waiting. Let me see what's being offered in June or July.

no definitely not commuting, it would be a 2 and half hr drive each way, and it would really suck if the weather was bad, i have done that more times than i would have liked coming from wyoming, and i hate monument hill! im looking at some places in stapleton and some other townhouses im hoping to live no further than 20 min away.

oh and i think ill probably move in around aug 1 i dont want to pay rent for more months than i have too!

Did everyone get an email from Beverly about a housing fair on the 24th of April. Is anyone thinking of going? I might fly down, it's pretty cheap right now. LOL just got back from Denver last weekend :D

Does anyone on the waitlist know around how many people were waitlisted??? I am just trying to figure out what my chances are......

Did everyone get an email from Beverly about a housing fair on the 24th of April. Is anyone thinking of going? I might fly down, it's pretty cheap right now. LOL just got back from Denver last weekend :D

I also received this email. I'm definitely thinking about making a trip out there....I have plenty of time to do so. I'm going to keep my eyes open for some cheap flights, maybe I'll see you there!

Does anyone on the waitlist know around how many people were waitlisted??? I am just trying to figure out what my chances are......

I'm thinking.... ~320 interviewed, 160 acceptances, a handful already declined.... waitlist looks like about 150. But that doesn't say anything about your chances that you didn't already know, because it's an unranked wait list. Who knows; you could be next! Or you could be last... but you're probably next!

What does that mean for people who interviewed and have not even heard back about a decision? (Like me) :confused: ... or more like :mad:.

That's weird. Did you change your email address? I would call the school at this point. They promised a decision by last week.

What does that mean for people who interviewed and have not even heard back about a decision? (Like me) :confused: ... or more like :mad:.

I received my acceptance package yesterday by mail, but never received an email. I'm thinking your mail is on it's way, but you could always call to check.

I received my acceptance package yesterday by mail, but never received an email. I'm thinking your mail is on it's way, but you could always call to check.

I also had this same experience. I called student services today to change my contact email, since I've had issues receiving emails from them

That is kinda cool. I never got the email, but just as well because Ive already got my apartment setup for the fall and move in August 1. Let us know what you find.