University of Colorado Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the thread to University of Colorado for questions, interviews questions/updates, acceptances etc.

For reference -
Here is the Class of 2023 thread: ****The Official University of Colorado Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Here is the Class of 2024 thread: ***The Official University of Colorado Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Here is the Class of 2025 thread: University of Colorado Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Here is the Class of 2026 thread: University of Colorado Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Colorado Denver School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Class of 2025 Statistics (For reference - varies by class): Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) Admission Stats

Estimated Cost of Attendance: School of Dental Medicine

Social Media:

Colorado Student National Dental Association (SNDA)
Facebook: SNDA-Colorado
Instagram: Login • Instagram

Colorado American Student Dental Association (ASDA)
Facebook: Colorado ASDA
Instagram: Login • Instagram

Official FB Page: University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine

*Tip: If the University of Colorado page on your application has a link to the supplemental fee, be sure to pay the fee as soon as you can rather than waiting for an email to pay the fee. Explore the website before emailing questions. Overall be sure to have a neat and complete application.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My email said “We will be in contact with you by e-mail to inform you of the next step in our application process. Supplemental application materials will only be needed upon request. If you have not paid the application fee, click here to pay the fee.” So do I pay the fee even though I haven’t been asked for a supplemental yet?

My email said “We will be in contact with you by e-mail to inform you of the next step in our application process. Supplemental application materials will only be needed upon request. If you have not paid the application fee, click here to pay the fee.” So do I pay the fee even though I haven’t been asked for a supplemental yet?
Yes

Members don't see this ad :)
Signed into my Aadsas portal today and status changed to invited for interview.

OOS. Verified app June 2nd. Was completed July 20ish with Colorado due to some prerequisite confusion.
Ok, I'm OOS and was verified June 2nd as well. I believe they sent me an email June 10th that they were looking at everything. Hoping I hear back soon, it's been very quiet...

How did you get in contact with them about your prerequisite confusion? I also got an email about this two weeks ago and cannot get ahold of anyone at the school!
Do you mind if I ask what your stats are?
I emailed twice did not hear anything so I called number on the original email.

21AA, 21TS, PAT 22, QR 21, RC 20, Bio 24, GC+OC 20

3.82 GPA
3.74 sGPA

180 shadowing. ~50 hours in Colorado.
around 1000 volunteer hours.
2 research experiences
Committee letter + dentist recommendation

I'm IS and got an interview invite today. Interviews are virtual and the options they gave me were all in the second half of August, so be prepared for that! It's much sooner than I expected tbh. :thumbup:

Did anyones status change on AADSAS to “invited for interview” but hasn’t received an email about it yet?

Interview #1
School: UColorado
Notification date: 8/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.41, 3.46
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/26/21/No
Dates available: T,Th,F (8/26, 9/2, 9/6, 9/8, 9/9)
Method of interview: Zoom

Members don't see this ad :)
Any other folks get an interview?

If you got an interview, has anyone interviewed yet? What was your experience?

Wishing everyone the best of luck :)

Any other folks get an interview?

I had my interview on 9/8. It was 2-25 minute one-on-one interviews with a Professor and Admissions Team Member. I really enjoyed it! It was pretty relaxed and very conversational. Good luck to everyone as well!

I had my interview on 9/8. It was 2-25 minute one-on-one interviews with a Professor and Admissions Team Member. I really enjoyed it! It was pretty relaxed and very conversational. Good luck to everyone as well!
Cool - thanks for sharing. Is there an in person day? Or are you done now that you’ve had those two conversations?

Cool - thanks for sharing. Is there an in person day? Or are you done now that you’ve had those two conversations?
The only options were virtual interviews for me. The day after the interview, I got an email specifically stating that they enjoyed getting to know me and that I would know my admission decision on December 1st. I haven't heard from them since.

The only options were virtual interviews for me. The day after the interview, I got an email specifically stating that they enjoyed getting to know me and that I would know my admission decision on December 1st. I haven't heard from them since.
Do you get to visit the school? Or is that only after acceptances are sent out?

Anyone know What are the acceptance rates for in state vs. out of state?

Do you get to visit the school? Or is that only after acceptances are sent out?
They said they would let me know of times to visit the school in the coming months, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

They said they would let me know of times to visit the school in the coming months, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.
I just got an email invite to a zoom interview, and they also had student panels and in-person campus visits to RSVP to, which I did. Interviews were the second week of October. I turned in everything and paid the supplemental app two weeks ago.

My interview was September 22, it feels a little intense in the moment, of course, but just be yourself! I think it went well

Has any OOS that applied in mid-July received an interview recently? Do we know when they'll start sending out rejections?

I just noticed today that my AADSAS portal changed back to "Received/Under Review" from "Invited for Interview". I interviewed back on 9/8.

I wasn't planning on calling them, just merely stating what I noticed on my portal :thumbup:

Any hotel recommendations? I am attending the campus visit next week.

Stayed at the holiday inn express just east of the school about a mile on colfax. Think it was ~$100 and had continental breakfast. Short Uber to the school

Is anyone able to answer this question for me?

On the website (shown below) it says that you need 8 semester hours of each of the science with lab. Does that mean that if a school separates lab from lecture, it would be alright to take both lectures and only 1 lab? Or does it mean that they want 2 semesters of lecture + lab and that should be minimum of 8 credits?

Has anyone confirmed this with the school?

Thanks in advance!

The following courses (semester hours or equivalent quarter hours) are required to apply to the School of Dental Medicine. All coursework must be completed with a grade of C or better from an accredited U.S. college or university at the conclusion of the spring term of the year accepted. Grades of C- or lower and courses taken pass/fail or credit/no credit will not be accepted. No more than 60 semester hours are allowed from a community/junior college. Online coursework is accepted with pre-approval. High school advanced placement (AP) courses can be accepted for prerequisite course work, and will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Official documentation will be required to include AP scores. If you are an international student, please contact the admissions office directly.

• General Biology or General Zoology with Lab (8 semester hours)
  • General Chemistry with Lab (8 semester hours)
  • Organic Chemistry with Lab (8 semester hours)
  • General Physics with Lab, Algebra or Calculus based (8 semester hours)
  • Microbiology, Lab not required (3 semester hours)
  • General Biochemistry, Lab not required (3 semester hours)
  • English Composition (3 semester hours)
  • 90 semester hours with at least 30 hours of upper division credit
The minimum requirement for admission is 90 semester hours (or approximately 135 quarter hours) of academic coursework, but completing a bachelor's degree is strongly encouraged. Most applicants will have completed at least a bachelor's degree before matriculation to dental school.

Suggested Electives: Courses to consider include anatomy, cell biology, histology, immunology, physiology, business management/finance, psychology and communications. Courses may be in a single area with a general background in many areas, or may group together several related areas in the sciences or humanities.

Is anyone able to answer this question for me?

On the website (shown below) it says that you need 8 semester hours of each of the science with lab. Does that mean that if a school separates lab from lecture, it would be alright to take both lectures and only 1 lab? Or does it mean that they want 2 semesters of lecture + lab and that should be minimum of 8 credits?

Has anyone confirmed this with the school?

Thanks in advance!

You’ll need to take both lectures and both labs. For example, it says “General chemistry with lab (8 semester credits)” so you’ll need to take the lab and lecture for two semesters, which should equal 8 credits. You’d obviously need to take that anyways tho as it’s a prerequisite for ochem (it was at me school anyway).

My application just went from received/application complete to received/under review. This may be a stretch but does this mean anything good at this point? Submitted in June.

My application just went from received/application complete to received/under review. This may be a stretch but does this mean anything good at this point? Submitted in June.

Not to be rude or anything, it really just means that they received your application and they will look it over soon. I personally think that if you submitted in June and just now are hearing something back seems a little weird, but you never know!

dont read into the status too much. They don't mean much and will keep changing.
Only ones that matter is interview offered and December 3rd

Did y’all get the email from cu Denver today? If you’ve interviewed already.

Did y’all get the email from cu Denver today? If you’ve interviewed already.

Yup I think everyone got one.

Good luck to everyone! 2 more weeks of waiting and then hopefully we’ll have an answer.

Anyone get an email asking to confirm their residency?

Reactions: 1 users
How do you confirm that residency has been confirmed after completing the form.

I think they sent it to all folks who somewhere on the app indicated Colorado residence.

One more week!