University of Colorado Denver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaFlgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All!
I was looking at the website for University of Colorado Denver and noticed that some of the prereqs are required to be taken at a 4-year institution (Anatomy, Physiology, upper div science). Because my degree wasn't health or science related I'm going to have to take Physiology at a community college. Does anyone know how strict they are on this prereq rule?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They are extremely strict about it. If your pre-reqs aren't exactly what they want they will toss your application aside...went through the same thing last year. I did my undergrad at Colorado State and UC Denver was my top choice but they wouldn't accept 3-4 of the courses I had taken because they didn't like the course title.

They are extremely strict about it. If your pre-reqs aren't exactly what they want they will toss your application aside...went through the same thing last year. I did my undergrad at Colorado State and UC Denver was my top choice but they wouldn't accept 3-4 of the courses I had taken because they didn't like the course title.

Wow, lame. But thanks for the insight! I guess I won't waste my money applying.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would give them a call and ask just to be sure. That's what I did and they were more than happy to talk to me about it. It's a bummer because they have a great school and a great program...I just wasn't going to take 4 classes to make them happy and decided to try elsewhere. Anyway good luck and I hope you have better luck than me!

Yeah CU Denver is VERY strict. I did all my pre-reqs at Colorado State and was a health and exercise science major and they wouldn't accept my physiology class. It was a 300 level class and they said I needed to take the advanced physiology for it to count so I didn't apply there :( It is an amazing program though and the facilities are top notch!

Yeah CU Denver is VERY strict. I did all my pre-reqs at Colorado State and was a health and exercise science major and they wouldn't accept my physiology class. It was a 300 level class and they said I needed to take the advanced physiology for it to count so I didn't apply there :( It is an amazing program though and the facilities are top notch!

Love to see a fellow CSU Ram on here!!!! Woot Woot!!!! When did you graduate? I was also a health and exercise science major. Were you health promotion or sports med?

While not related to the pre-reqs, this is still related to the school:

As I was looking at their tuition and expenses pdf (2010-2011 Academic Year), I saw that it states, "Program is 116 credit hours, not evenly distributed by year or semester..." It then goes on listing all the other fees. Now my question is: Is the whole PT program those 116 credit hours? Or is that the credit hours for one year of PT school at CU? For those that applied, how did you go about figuring out tuition?

Thanks

Spidey

Spidey,
Yes, the whole program is 116 credit hours distributed over the ~3 year time-plan. Their definition of 'credit hour' would need to be checked if it was for just a year.

Tuition and fee total is somewhat straight forward stuff from here:
http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/medicalschool/education/degree_programs/pt/DPT/prospectiveDPT/Pages/DPT%20Tuition.aspx
Total tuition
116 * 380 = ~44,000 IS
116 * 830 = ~96,000 OOS
Add in about 3-5 grand fees and you can get your approximates.

The kicker is OOS may be able to establish residency for yourself and save after the 1st year, but you'll need to do your homework. No guarantees.

Keep your studies up!

Ben222- I graduated in December 2009 and I was health promotion. I had to take all the pre-reqs though so it ended up pretty much being sports medicine. lol. What year did you graduate?

Nice, I graduated in 2008 and was sports med. I was probably one of your TAs in gross anatomy haha