University of Colorado Health Science Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angelil_yu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Ya'all,

Does anyone of you know something about University of Colorado (UCHSC)? It seems to be a good university for pharmacy, but since you guys never talk much about, I am doubtful it is really good.

I received an application packet from Mercer University and they also reply my email soon. That's a good sign, isn't that? Well, I only ask several questions about the pre-reqs. Anyone here from Mercer? Can you tell me how is it there? The education, students' life, and the residency program?

Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

angelil_yu said:
Hey Ya'all,

Does anyone of you know something about University of Colorado (UCHSC)? It seems to be a good university for pharmacy, but since you guys never talk much about, I am doubtful it is really good.

Yeah, I applied there, but they have high standards for out-of-state students (which, I think, is the norm). I spoke with Beverly, and she told me that for out-of-state students, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is usually the limit. Hope this helps.

angelil_yu said:
Hey Ya'all,

I don't know a whole lot about the pharmacy school specifically, but Colorado's university system is pretty strong. I think you'll get a good quality education there.

BTW, if a school isn't often discussed here, that doesn't necessarily make it a bad school. I could be wrong, but it seems that most posters in this forum live on either the East Coast, the West Coast, or Texas and want to stay relatively close to where they are now. Thus, a lot of schools get ignored due to location.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope I can shed some light on this - I did my undergrad in Boulder, and am moving to Denver to go to pharm school this fall. I think that the system as whole is pretty good, I've been very happy so far. The Health Sciences campus is well known, the medical school and research programs have a great reputation, and the pharm program seems pretty good. All the students I talked to at the interview seemed to really like it. Right now the school is smack in the middle of Denver, which is great if you want an urban setting. In the next few years, the entire health sciences campus is moving to a new complex which used to be a military base in a suburb. I have heard from lots of people that the new campus is amazing, and is going to be a big hub for research and medicine. However, the pharm school is trying to get its own building built there, so it sounds like the pharm program itself won't move out until 2006.

Can you offer any advice for someone entering in the Fall 2005? How is your experience so far?

Thanks!

pharmd72 said:
Hope I can shed some light on this - I did my undergrad in Boulder, and am moving to Denver to go to pharm school this fall. I think that the system as whole is pretty good, I've been very happy so far. The Health Sciences campus is well known, the medical school and research programs have a great reputation, and the pharm program seems pretty good. All the students I talked to at the interview seemed to really like it. Right now the school is smack in the middle of Denver, which is great if you want an urban setting. In the next few years, the entire health sciences campus is moving to a new complex which used to be a military base in a suburb. I have heard from lots of people that the new campus is amazing, and is going to be a big hub for research and medicine. However, the pharm school is trying to get its own building built there, so it sounds like the pharm program itself won't move out until 2006.

UCHSC is a strong academic school. Just like many out there.

Corradoracer said:
UCHSC is a strong academic school. Just like many out there.

And it's now known as UCDHSC - University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center (UCD and UCHSC merged earlier this year). I think it wins the longest name award - especially when you add School of Pharmacy. :)

Troy
UCDHSC SOP Class of 2010 Hopeful

good to know the correct name of the school i will be attending in fall

HAHAHAHH

UCDHSC SOP

dang, thats long

:laugh: :laugh:

I did my undergrad at Boulder and am going to UCDHSC this fall...it is pretty well respected (I think it made top 25 in the last Princeton ranking) and I can tell you from personal experience that my experience with science at CU has been positive. A lot of the applicants for this school are in state b/c their std's for out of state are much higher - many of the kids I talked to at my interview ONLY applied to UCHSC, which means that they probably would not be reading forums like this too much since they really only care about one school.

I'm a P2 at CU, and like any school, there are pro's and con's. Enjoy the first week of orientation, LOL. Man, that was brutal... oh yeah, don't freak out about the medical terminology test at the end.