University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KoonS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to the UCSDM this year and I have to say the tuition for Instate Student is unbeatable. I am taking out less than 30k for fall and spring after grants and scholarships which is amazing !!! Since the tuition is so cheap compare to most dental schools, I am thinking about specializing and wanted to seek advice from current dental students about how hard to get straight A and get into orthodontics program at CU ? Do they have recorded lectures and note-taking service?? any other advices for an incoming D1 would greatly appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Very doable, but of course, everybody is different and you have to put in a ton of effort.
They have a program called Panopto that will record most lectures (some professors don't allow recording), but they leave it up to the students to decide if/when/how often to record. If you are adamant about having everything possible recorded, no probelm, just do it. It will record the professor, the whiteboard (in case they use it), audio and the PowerPoint slides as it is shown on the screen. Pretty nice. That's the only note taking service available. Not sure what else there even could be.
3 people from my class (that I know of) went out for ortho. 2 were ranked in the top 10 of the class and got in at CU (along with another student who graduated a year or two ago), and the 3rd didn't get in anywhere, not sure where he was ranked.

Reactions: 1 user
Very doable, but of course, everybody is different and you have to put in a ton of effort.
They have a program called Panopto that will record most lectures (some professors don't allow recording), but they leave it up to the students to decide if/when/how often to record. If you are adamant about having everything possible recorded, no probelm, just do it. It will record the professor, the whiteboard (in case they use it), audio and the PowerPoint slides as it is shown on the screen. Pretty nice. That's the only note taking service available. Not sure what else there even could be.
3 people from my class (that I know of) went out for ortho. 2 were ranked in the top 10 of the class and got in at CU (along with another student who graduated a year or two ago), and the 3rd didn't get in anywhere, not sure where he was ranked.
Thank you so much for the info!