University of Colorado- Skaggs SOP (2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who already did their interview for regular admission hear back yet? I know they said a few weeks to April but the wait is killing me.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed for regular admission on 10/18 and I haven't heard back yet :(. Anxiously waiting...

I live in Denver, right next to the edge of Aurora. The Anschutz Medical Campus is located in Aurora (not Denver or Boulder) and is a beautiful and new campus. There are several new residences surrounding the campus, which are pretty safe/nice. Aurora in general though does have some rather "rougher" parts-- but I seriously do not think that it is an issue AT ALL near the campus. I go to that area alone all the time (I'm a white female) and I have never once felt unsafe. The campus is also located in the more Southern part of Aurora, which is very close to some beautiful areas in south Denver. Places like Cherry Hills and Greenwood Village are a short drive away, and all of those neighborhoods are VERY nice and safe.

Overall, as a Colorado resident, I do not feel like that campus is in a bad part of town. It's really kind of it's own little area! I would say don't worry about it! :)

Thanks for the info! It's hard trying to figure out the areas just by using google street view :D. I submitted my pharmCAS application on the 29th of October. Does anyone know if reeeeaaaallly takes five weeks to verify and submit to the schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info! It's hard trying to figure out the areas just by using google street view :D. I submitted my pharmCAS application on the 29th of October. Does anyone know if reeeeaaaallly takes five weeks to verify and submit to the schools?

It will likely take close to 5 weeks. I just submitted too. I think it is peak submission time.

My application only took about a week to verify GPA. But since you submitted somewhat close to the deadline, it could take longer.

Interviewed 10/18 and was accepted today! Yes! Good luck to everyone else!

just got accepted! interviewed 10/18 as well

I interviewed on 10/18 too! Was accepted this morning :)

Interviewed 10/18, got accepted this morning. Congrats to those of you who also interviewed on the 18th!

To those of you accepted, do you plan on attending the school?

I really liked the school and think I'm probably going to. Still two schools on my list that I'm waiting to hear back from and would like to look into more, but I'm going to send in the deposit for CU.

pharmcas verified my gpa on 11/4, exactly one week after i e-submitted. however, under pharmacy designations it still says "not mailed" to all my schools. i've been getting emails from colorado for the past few days telling me to submit my supplemental, and after i did got an email the next day saying my app is under review then another right after with my pre-req verification. does this mean they already have my entire pharmcas application even though it's not mailed? and how much longer after the email from sarah about pre-reqs did you guys get the interview invite?

pharmcas verified my gpa on 11/4, exactly one week after i e-submitted. however, under pharmacy designations it still says "not mailed" to all my schools. i've been getting emails from colorado for the past few days telling me to submit my supplemental, and after i did got an email the next day saying my app is under review then another right after with my pre-req verification. does this mean they already have my entire pharmcas application even though it's not mailed? and how much longer after the email from sarah about pre-reqs did you guys get the interview invite?

They did get back to me pretty quick. I submitted on 10/5, they received my app 10/17 (PharmCAS says it didn't mail out til the 23rd). Sarah emailed me about my pre-reqs 10/21, then again on the 22nd about doing an English proficiency phone interview (the earliest I could schedule was 10/25), and got the actual interview invite on the 26th.

Last edited:
Just wondering, for the interview feedback section, is it just me or is there nothing listed for CU? I couldn't even find Regis on there! I'm so nervous about these two interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
They did get back to me pretty quick. I submitted on 10/5, they received my app 10/17 (PharmCAS says it didn't mail out til the 23rd). Sarah emailed me about my pre-reqs 10/21, then again on the 22nd about doing an English proficiency phone interview (the earliest I could schedule was 10/25), and got the actual interview invite on the 26th.

awesome, thanks for your reply! hopefully i'll get an interview invite in the next few days too :)

Just wondering, for the interview feedback section, is it just me or is there nothing listed for CU? I couldn't even find Regis on there! I'm so nervous about these two interviews!

I can't access the interview feedback either! It just takes me to a blank page that say the page I'm looking for is no longer available! :(

Hey guys! Just wondering was this an open file interview? I'm so so nervous for this interview, it's right after my interview at Regis so I feel like I'll be a nervous wreck those two days!

If anyone can shed some light on the interview day/stress level it would be much appreciated! and congrats to those who are accepted already!!!!

Hey guys! Just wondering was this an open file interview? I'm so so nervous for this interview, it's right after my interview at Regis so I feel like I'll be a nervous wreck those two days!

If anyone can shed some light on the interview day/stress level it would be much appreciated! and congrats to those who are accepted already!!!!
It's closed file–you'll be interviewed by one of the faculty members. The questions I was asked were mostly straightforward. My interviewer was nice and he gave me some good info about the school when I asked him questions at the end of the interview.

Can anyone help me? I am interested in this school, but all my prerequisites are done at community college, GPA 3.9, math and science 4.0, pcat only 65. I haven't done biochemistry yet which they require at 4-year institution level. What is my chance? Thank you.

You'll have to take biochem next semester. But, if you're ready to apply now and have a decent personal statement and good letters, i think your chances are pretty okay.

Can anyone help me? I am interested in this school, but all my prerequisites are done at community college, GPA 3.9, math and science 4.0, pcat only 65. I haven't done biochemistry yet which they require at 4-year institution level. What is my chance? Thank you.

You'll have to take biochem next semester. But, if you're ready to apply now and have a decent personal statement and good letters, i think your chances are pretty okay.

Pharman, do you currently attend a university, or are you only at a community college? If you're not enrolled at a university currently, I'm not really sure how you could take a university level biochem course. If you are, then you need to take it next semester. Your PCAT might be a little low, but your GPA and what okpharmacy said can help you.

I am attending University too. So I think I will enrol Biochem for next spring. Thanks you guy!

Hey guys,

Congrats to those accepted!

I'm a current P1 at CU and happy to answer any questions that you guys may have. ;]

Hi everyone! I had my interview on Nov. 22nd! I was just wondering if anyone who went on that day has heard back from admissions yet?

also, for those accepted... do you mind posting your stats?

I am interviewing on January 17th, I was just curious if anyone knows what questions were asked during the interview

I interviewed on the 15th (1 week before you) and haven't heard back yet. Some applicants from previous cycles didn't hear for as long as 5 weeks! I guess I got used to the fast turnaround of the other 2 schools I interviewed at. I was waitlisted at both a few days after the interviews. We'll have to sit back and be patient for now :)

I hate the waiting game. I heard back 2 days after my other school I interviewed at... I was accepted but it's not my first choice and I have to make a decision. But thank you for responding! I'll be sure to let you know if I hear anything. Good Luck :)

I interviewed on the 6th and I'm already getting impatient lol

Hi everyone! I had my interview on Nov. 22nd! I was just wondering if anyone who went on that day has heard back from admissions yet?

Hey there, I had an interview on 11/22 as well, but haven't heard back from them yet either. :(
It seems like they send out acceptance emails either on Mondays or Fridays...
Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Stay positive guys you will get there. I feel like it was just yesterday I was in your shoes!

Reactions: 1 users
I hope to hear back soon, my deposit deadline for another school is coming up!

I interviewed on the 15th and havent heard anything yet, is that the same for everyone else? I have an acceptance from a top 10 school, so im conflicted!

I interviewed on the 15th and havent heard anything yet, is that the same for everyone else? I have an acceptance from a top 10 school, so im conflicted!

15th of november?? Which school do you have an acceptance from if you dont mind sharing?
I interviewed on Dec 6th and they said we won't hear back till early january due to christmas break.

I interviewed on 22nd, but haven't heard anything yet either.
Seems like this cycle is pretty slow.
Or not enough people are on this forum.
Hopefully we'll hear back soon..

i interviewed on nov 22nd as well and have been religiously checking my email :( i already asked for an extension on a deposit to another school waiting to hear back from denver!!!

i interviewed on nov 22nd as well and have been religiously checking my email :( i already asked for an extension on a deposit to another school waiting to hear back from denver!!!

Every single email alert sound freaks me out. Hahaha
Hopefully it's either today or this Friday. Otherwise, we'd have to wait until Christmas break is over..
Let's keep our hopes up. ;)

15th of november?? Which school do you have an acceptance from if you dont mind sharing?
I interviewed on Dec 6th and they said we won't hear back till early january due to christmas break.
I have been accepted to Ohio State and am waiting to hear from Minnesota...but I really liked Colorado... I applied to a lot of schools so OSU was the 8th school i was accepted too. I turned all the others down after Colorado because I liked Skaggs a lot, so I hope we hear soon :)

Reactions: 1 user
If you dont mind me asking, how did you go about asking for an extension?

I know how you feel, I interviewed that day too. I called Denver earlier today and they told me we have now until April to hear back from them. If we haven't heard a rejection yet, then we're still under consideration. The people that heard back already were "spectacular candidates who had great stats and/or really shined during their interview."