University of Colorado- Skaggs SOP (2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed the same day as you too. I wish tell us something, but at least We haven't gotten rejections yet!
are you thinking about calling them or just waiting?
Yeah true ;P

Members don't see this ad :)
are you thinking about calling them or just waiting?
Yeah true ;P
I called them back in December, they just told me we have until March to hear back from them. We're still being considered. In my case, I know what is keeping them from making their decision about me.

I called them back in December, they just told me we have until March to hear back from them. We're still being considered. In my case, I know what is keeping them from making their decision about me.
So we have to wait till March.... Ha...........
Well, thanks for your info!

I finally got an interview here! Any advice????? :)

I finally got an interview here! Any advice????? :)
Just take it easy and relax, at no point was I stressed out in the interview. It's all really easy going overall. I would recommend you check the weather and bring comfortable shoes to walk the campus in as it's kind of large to people from smaller schools.

Just take it easy and relax, at no point was I stressed out in the interview. It's all really easy going overall. I would recommend you check the weather and bring comfortable shoes to walk the campus in as it's kind of large to people from smaller schools.
Great! Thank you!:)

I interviewed last week (01/24) and have been nervously checking my email ever since! How long did most of you wait to hear back whether you'd gotten in or not? I have to put a deposit down on another school tomorrow, but CU is my top choice so I was hoping to hear quickly.. Am I stressing over this too early?

I interviewed last week (01/24) and have been nervously checking my email ever since! How long did most of you wait to hear back whether you'd gotten in or not? I have to put a deposit down on another school tomorrow, but CU is my top choice so I was hoping to hear quickly.. Am I stressing over this too early?

I took me about 3 weeks to hear back from them. However, that was back in October/November. So, just prepare to wait a little while (at least a month or so) and hopefully you get some good news! :)

hey guys i just got an email to complete an oral proficiency exam. does anyone know if this is a good sign for a prospective interview?

I interviewed 1/17 and was accepted 1/31. As far as I know 2-4 weeks is about as fast as you will hear in most cases. Hope everyone hears soon!

I was accepted the 31st as well! However, I still don't have public speaking because of a high course load this semester to finish my bachelors. It seems like they are pretty strict on no summer courses, am I just out of luck?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted the 31st as well! However, I still don't have public speaking because of a high course load this semester to finish my bachelors. It seems like they are pretty strict on no summer courses, am I just out of luck?
If I was you I would get into a public speaking class at all costs or you will have to wait a whole year because of 1 class that is fairly easy

hey guys i just got an email to complete an oral proficiency exam. does anyone know if this is a good sign for a prospective interview?

I completed the OPI exam on January 28th and got invited to an on-campus interview a week later. As long as you pass the OPI exam, you should be fine.

Hey everyone, interviewed here on 1/30. I will most likely be withdrawing my application for another offer. Hope this helps those waiting.

Thanks for the info and helpful tidbits you guys all posted on here! I interviewed 1/24 and got my acceptance email today 2/10!! For those of you still waiting, try to be patient- a watched pot never boils!! Good luck!
Also, does anyone know what the FaceBook page for Class of 2018 is called? I can't seem to find it...

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the info and helpful tidbits you guys all posted on here! I interviewed 1/24 and got my acceptance email today 2/10!! For those of you still waiting, try to be patient- a watched pot never boils!! Good luck!
Also, does anyone know what the FaceBook page for Class of 2018 is called? I can't seem to find it...
Congrats! Waiting patiently lol
I'm in love with this school!

Has anyone from the January 31st interview heard anything?

So I got asked to join this Summer Advanced English Course. Anyone heard of it?

So I got asked to join this Summer Advanced English Course. Anyone heard of it?

I got offered that too. I'm so confused and lost. I just thought they would give me a definite yes/no or alternate. I didn't know they could throw a curve ball at me. Still trying to look for more information.

Edit:
I found in one of the previous year's forum that someone was offered admission in May even w/o taking the class.

Last edited:
I actually talked to the teacher who teaches this class yesterday and she told me all of the people who completed and passed her class got offered an admission. I asked her if any of the people who took the class again did not pass the class and she told me that out of hundreds of people she taught only two people did not pass it but it's because they didn't do their work.

She told me all other things are good just the writing score is the problem. So if you pass that, your chance of getting admitted should be much higher.

Still, they are not going to give us a definite answer until a week before orientation so.. yeah..

I actually talked to the teacher who teaches this class yesterday and she told me all of the people who completed and passed her class got offered an admission. I asked her if any of the people who took the class again did not pass the class and she told me that out of hundreds of people she taught only two people did not pass it but it's because they didn't do their work.

She told me all other things are good just the writing score is the problem. So if you pass that, your chance of getting admitted should be much higher.

Still, they are not going to give us a definite answer until a week before orientation so.. yeah..

I received that email yesterday as well and I emailed Dr. Chacon back telling him that I was interested for Spring course. He just responded saying that I'll be officially enrolled once they receive my application in the mail and also that the class is tentative and depends on the interest received.

Hmm okay. What are you guys gonna do? Do you have other school you got accepted to?

This is a huge disposition since I will have to give up pending offers and future opportunities to bank on this. What do you guys think among Colorado, Midwestern Glendale/Downer's Grove and UoP?

I been accepted to downers as well which is a great school but colorado is my num 1 choice due to mostly the program. I am very likely to attend this 10 week class. Just called fitz21 and they said they have 2 bedroom available for 3 month lease for $1600/month if anyone is down to split the rent.

This is a huge disposition since I will have to give up pending offers and future opportunities to bank on this. What do you guys think among Colorado, Midwestern Glendale/Downer's Grove and UoP?
UoP is ridiculously expensive! :oops:

I saw Dr. Chacon hanging out at UCSF's interview day on Saturday! (by which I can only surmise that Skaggs may be researching and possibly implementing MMIs for next year's admissions cycle or near future). I wanted to walk up to him and bug him about it, but I didn't remember his name at the time (and also to avoid looking like a stalker... which I very well might be...).

Anyhoo, what is the cost of this writing course? I would be a little wary. It's easy revenue for the school. On the other hand, some students will benefit from it very much if they opt to take it to improve their writing. If, however, your writing scores were low due to other reasons - such brainfart, nerves, or what have you - then it might not be worth it unless Skaggs is your top choice school (in the sense that you have to go there or else you would die!).

I saw Dr. Chacon hanging out at UCSF's interview day on Saturday! (by which I can only surmise that Skaggs may be researching and possibly implementing MMIs for next year's admissions cycle or near future). I wanted to walk up to him and bug him about it, but I didn't remember his name at the time (and also to avoid looking like a stalker... which I very well might be...).

Anyhoo, what is the cost of this writing course? I would be a little wary. It's easy revenue for the school. On the other hand, some students will benefit from it very much if they opt to take it to improve their writing. If, however, your writing scores were low due to other reasons - such brainfart, nerves, or what have you - then it might not be worth it unless Skaggs is your top choice school (in the sense that you have to go there or else you would die!).

Oo UCSF?? Amazing school!
Writing course itself is free but housing can get costly.

Writing course itself is free but housing can get costly.

Free!? Not bad! I would go for it then, if you want Skaggs more than anything. Cost of housing will always suck though :(

Cost for the housing is not bothering me at this point but the fact it's not guaranteed bothers me. But for me I have more interviews set up so I will decide once I hear back from them.

Ya I have couple interviews myself that I will be attending within next two weeks.
And I do feel like getting invited to this class is a good sign. Reading previous posts and also the description on their website, to me it seems like it's only for students either are or going to be accepted. They wouldn't want to waste their time as well as students'.
Check out this description:
http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/c...grams/Pages/SummerAdvancedEnglishProgram.aspx

Hope that helps in decision making. :)

Ya I have couple interviews myself that I will be attending within next two weeks.
And I do feel like getting invited to this class is a good sign. Reading previous posts and also the description on their website, to me it seems like it's only for students either are or going to be accepted. They wouldn't want to waste their time as well as students'.
Check out this description:
http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/c...grams/Pages/SummerAdvancedEnglishProgram.aspx

Hope that helps in decision making. :)

Yeah I definitely agree that this is a great opportunity. Gosh I'm just so conflicted b/t spring/summer! Spring will be good to get it over w/ and definitely know whether I can attend the university or not, but summer will be better to get the in state residency ball rolling. And also probably better to have housing set up during summer too.

Did you already send in your agreement?

Yeah I definitely agree that this is a great opportunity. Gosh I'm just so conflicted b/t spring/summer! Spring will be good to get it over w/ and definitely know whether I can attend the university or not, but summer will be better to get the in state residency ball rolling. And also probably better to have housing set up during summer too.

Did you already send in your agreement?

I want to do spring exactly for the same reason you stated. Another good thing about spring is that we will be able to interact with current pharmD students which I feel is an advantage to get any insights or information one might want before officially starting in fall. Plus class is only mondays and thursdays so it won't conflict with any future interviews since most interviews are on fridays and saturdays.
I just fell in love with the school on site and their program is just amazing! I also love the fact that curriculum changes according to students needs every year and so many different opportunities, I dont think I would want to go anywhere else lol
Yes I've sent in mine for spring :)

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels near the school? My interview is in 2 weeks and still need to book my hotel!! :) any input is greatly appreciated :)

I interviewed on the 31st, and I haven' t heard anything

I received an email from certiphi, a background check agency, and it said that I was offered conditional acceptance to a school but didn't say which. I have only interviewed with Skaggs so far.
Hopefully we will hear something this week!

I received an email from certiphi, a background check agency, and it said that I was offered conditional acceptance to a school but didn't say which. I have only interviewed with Skaggs so far.
Hopefully we will hear something this week!
I got the same email! I didn't really know what to think of it at first. Like I didn't really know if it was legit or not since the school didn't email me. What does conditional acceptance mean exactly?

I got the same email! I didn't really know what to think of it at first. Like I didn't really know if it was legit or not since the school didn't email me. What does conditional acceptance mean exactly?

It is a legitimate website and place. My bestfriend had to do it for UF but she had received a letter of conditional acceptance prior to the background check.
Conditional acceptance is exactly what it says. As long as you meet the terms you have been accepted. I am guessing the terms would be to finish prereqs this semester, pass the background check and possibly other minor things.
This is from there website:

"Criminal Background Check
Each admitted student must submit to a national background check on upon initial, conditional acceptance to pharmacy school. The rationale for performing criminal background checks on accepted pharmacy school applicants is based on a number of issues, including 1) the need to enhance the safety and well-being of patients and, in so doing, to bolster the public's continuing trust in the pharmacy profession, 2) to ascertain the ability of accepted applicants to complete their pharmacy education (students are required to maintain a State of Colorado pharmacy intern license while participating in the pharmacy curriculum which includes direct patient care activities) and to eventually become licensed pharmacists.

In support of this recommendation, AACP has initiated a PharmCAS-facilitated national background check service, through which Certiphi Screening, Inc. (a Vertical Screen® Company) will procure a national background report on applicants at the point of acceptance. AACP has initiated this service in order to recognize the desire of pharmacy schools to procure appropriate national criminal history reports, and to prevent applicants from paying additional fees at each pharmacy school to which they are accepted."

So if we are accepted, Congrats to you! :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone!! Just wondering who else is joining me on Friday for the 02/28 interview?! :)