University of Colorado Skaggs SOP c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully I hear back soon! It was a miracle how fast my application was verified and how quickly my PCAT was officially scored.... both of them were done in 2 weeks and I was shocked! I was certain they weren't going to be done in time for the 12/1 deadline.
Yea after they said everything was verified, I began getting I think 2 emails, one for verifying prerequisites, and there was one other I can't remember the other at the moment. Within a week of receiving those emails I received my invite to interview. I was also on the first group of interviews, so I don't if now that they have received more applications that it might take a little longer to do everything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

My application was verified 9/17, I interviewed on 10/9, and was accepted 11/4. The four week post-interview wait just about killed me, but I am so excited to start next August. I love CU. :biglove: Best of luck to everyone this application cycle-- I can't wait to meet you all in the fall!

Reactions: 3 users
I do believe that they are required, but I'm not 100% sure. We get our intern licenses that first semester of school when we start school and can start working once we have it. Most students seem to work as interns at some point while in school, so I guess I just assumed that it was because it was required.

If you have questions about the intern license and requirements, contact the admissions department and see what they say. I'd be interested in hearing what they say too.

As for contacting current students, you could ask admissions if they could set you up with students there right now I guess. Other option would be to just search the school on Facebook to see who has it listed as their current university and just cold message them. Could do the same with LinkedIn probably.

EDIT: http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/c...rces/Documents/Student_Bulletin_OSS_15-16.pdf

(warning - that's a PDF). It states under the "intern" section that we need 1500 hours.

EDIT again: Spoke too soon. Those 1500 hours are total of outside hours and those obtained while in school with the university. We're expected to get 1680 hours our 4th year which should easily cover the intern hours.

Hey, you're right. No intern hours are required! YAY!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I just want to confirm that after the first year, out of state students can get in state tuition for the remaining 3 years right?

Hey guys, I just want to confirm that after the first year, out of state students can get in state tuition for the remaining 3 years right?

According to the administration and a current P3 I'm in touch with, yes.

Hey guys! I interviewed over a month ago but haven't received any news from them. Is this a bad sign? Since I'm seeing most of you all heard back pretty quickly, I'm starting to think they rejected me. I'm out of state and won't have a bachelor's degree if I do start pharmacy school next year. I wonder if the admission thinks that is an issue. I really like this school and it's one of my top choices. Have you guys seen anyone get an acceptance letter after a long wait?

Hi there! I'm on the same boat. I interviewed Nov. 6th and have not heard back either. I've been anxiously waiting.

Last edited:
Is there a Facebook page for accepted applicants?

Is there a Facebook page for accepted applicants?
Doesn't seem to be, but I would love if somebody started one up :) It'd be cool to get to know our classmates prior to the start of the school year.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed last Friday - December 4th. Did anyone hear back yet from this interview cycle? I'm already getting impatient!!!

I interviewed 11/20 and still have not heard back. Has anyone else heard back yet? I'm starting to get anxious. I want to go here so bad!

Last edited:
I interviewed 11/20 and still have not heard back. Has anyone else heard back yet? I'm started to get anxious. I want to go here so bad!

I haven't heard back since October.
I already been accepted to U of Minnesota but I really like this school.
I wish they gave us some notification about where we are standing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 12/4. Accepted 12/14

Reactions: 1 users
Question for those admitted from out of state: have you started looking at apartments? Any idea where to live? I'm looking for a 1 bedroom for my boyfriend and me. I keep finding places that look wonderful, but then I read reviews online and get so disappointed. It looks like everything around the campus is pretty ghetto.

I've been looking and always see some bad reviews for the ones I liked. I thought there was supposed to be a webpage for recommended places to stay? So far I haven't seen any yet regarding that information.

Have any of you that got accepted in November received your school email yet?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I've been looking and always see some bad reviews for the ones I liked. I thought there was supposed to be a webpage for recommended places to stay? So far I haven't seen any yet regarding that information.
I'm having the same issue :( Each one that's affordable and looks like it's nice and in a safe place comes with a ton of terrible reviews.

On EValue there's a flier you can download that has some information on housing, but it's outdated and the rents listed there don't reflect current prices at all. I think there's a page on the Anschutz page somewhere to look for a roommate, but I'm looking for a 1 bedroom so that serves me no purpose. I've just been relying on craigslist, padmapper, and my SO's advice on neighborhoods. He's a CO native, but he never rented down in the city before so this is new to him too.

I just feel so discouraged. I drove around north Aurora in March and it didn't look that unsafe to me, but that goes counter to everything I've read online.

Have any of you that got accepted in November received your school email yet?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
I just received my student id to set up my email.

Question for those of you who have been accepted... Are we supposed to send the office of student services our transcripts after this fall semester ends? I was a little unsure of what the email said about it.

Question for those of you who have been accepted... Are we supposed to send the office of student services our transcripts after this fall semester ends? I was a little unsure of what the email said about it.

Good question. I know we can update our transcripts on pharmcas during the end of Fall and Spring.

Ahh I just booked my interview for January 15th! It's going to be my first interview and I'm already so nervous lol. I still need to book a flight and hotel though.

Thanks @jres135 ! :)

For those of you who have booked hotels, did you use the "promotion" or what not that was listed in the hotels spreadsheet that they provided for us? Like all the different rates and what not... How do we get access for those rates? I feel like I'm misunderstanding or missing something, haha.

Thanks @jres135 ! :)

For those of you who have booked hotels, did you use the "promotion" or what not that was listed in the hotels spreadsheet that they provided for us? Like all the different rates and what not... How do we get access for those rates? I feel like I'm misunderstanding or missing something, haha.
Some on list were outdated. Just call the hotel directly to make sure they have the promotion and if they do you have to book through them directly. I found it easier for myself to get a hotel that provided shuttle service to and from the airport and that also had car rental service right next door. I stayed at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North.

Some on list were outdated. Just call the hotel directly to make sure they have the promotion and if they do you have to book through them directly. I found it easier for myself to get a hotel that provided shuttle service to and from the airport and that also had car rental service right next door. I stayed at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North.
Oh okay, I'll give them a call soon then. Thanks for your help :)

I'm having the same issue :( Each one that's affordable and looks like it's nice and in a safe place comes with a ton of terrible reviews.

On EValue there's a flier you can download that has some information on housing, but it's outdated and the rents listed there don't reflect current prices at all. I think there's a page on the Anschutz page somewhere to look for a roommate, but I'm looking for a 1 bedroom so that serves me no purpose. I've just been relying on craigslist, padmapper, and my SO's advice on neighborhoods. He's a CO native, but he never rented down in the city before so this is new to him too.

I just feel so discouraged. I drove around north Aurora in March and it didn't look that unsafe to me, but that goes counter to everything I've read online.

Which ones have you looked at? I'm from out of state and not entirely sure even when to go back and look for places before the semester begins.

There is a Facebook page but they won't accept my request

Which ones have you looked at? I'm from out of state and not entirely sure even when to go back and look for places before the semester begins.
I looked at a few in the Stapleton area and in Aurora. Also branched out as far as Lakewood. I liked a few like the Lofts at Lowry, but some of them were a bit pricey and more luxury than I feel I need. Try using padmapper.com, Craigslist, rent.com, and similar sites to find places. Just keep checking them every day since the listings and rent prices change fairly frequently.

All right, so my interview is next week, and I was wondering how those of you who have already interviewed (especially girls) dressed? I'm from Southern California and the coldest it gets here is 40s/50s at night and I'm not ready to face the weather in Colorado, haha. Any suggestions to keep warm or layer up? :)

All right, so my interview is next week, and I was wondering how those of you who have already interviewed (especially girls) dressed? I'm from Southern California and the coldest it gets here is 40s/50s at night and I'm not ready to face the weather in Colorado, haha. Any suggestions to keep warm or layer up? :)
All the girls that were at my interview with me wore black dress pants and jacket. There is some walking so I'd you can wear flats that's what I wore. In Colorado it could be snowing one day and sunny the next so the day before your interview just check the weather for the day. I'm from Colorado so it might be different for me because the 40s are considered nice said here. So I would recommend definitely a long sleeve dress shirt to go under your dress jacket because it will feel cold especially if there is wind but you are inside most of the time, you are only outside when you have the tour.

Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wore a black skirt suit and black flats. My interview was in September and the temp was in the 50s or low 60s then I'd guess. If you aren't used to the cold, wear slacks. You'll feel more comfortable. If you think you're going to be cold, what you can do is wear a neutral colored base layer under your dress shirt. I suggest neutral colored (like a baby pink or nude color) so that it won't show through your presumably white button down shirt. That should give you an added layer of warmth. Wear pantyhose too. They're not *that* warm, but they give you at least some protection against the cold...plus they look more professional. As for shoes, I don't know how icy it is in Aurora right now but be aware that they may have some snow and ice on the ground. You might want to wear flats in that case that have a decent traction. Heels can work, but slipping on a patch of ice in stilettos is not fun. That being said, we weren't outside that much as Pharm413 said. I think the only time I was outside was for my tour and then to walk to Ed 2 for the essay portion of the interview. Even then, it's a short walk along paved sidewalks.

Good luck! Dress comfortably! I bought the wrong sized pantyhose (too short) and ended up feeling a little uncomfortable all day. Didn't affect my interview performance I presume since I was admitted, but I probably wouldn't have been thinking of the clock as much if I were more comfortable.

Oh and another tip (I'm from New England so I know the cold) - if you decide on slacks, you can wear leggings under your pants for some added warmth. Nobody will know that they're there, but you may feel more comfortable. I find that it helps when temps can get below 0˚F, but your tolerance for the cold is probably lower than mine.

Thanks @pharm143 and @med77 for your help! :) Yeah in Southern California I'd say the general population considers anything below 70 degrees cold - I know, we're wimps... So I just want to be well-prepared!

I just received my acceptance letter this afternoon. I'm so excited! :)

Hey does anybody know when we hear information about scholarships? Also, anybody know how common merit scholarships are from here? I saw in a past thread some people from this school got some merit scholarships, but I don't know for how much.

Accepted!! I interviewed on January 15th! I'm so excited. This is one of my top choices.. now to decide between here and University of Houston!

I got my acceptance email today too! :) Also interviewed on January 15th.

Last edited:
Accepted!! I interviewed on January 15th! I'm so excited. This is one of my top choices.. now to decide between here and University of Houston!
Have you decided on which school?

Last edited:
I interviewed on 12/11 and have still had no response and I am getting anxious... :( I fell in love with the campus!

I interviewed on 12/11 and have still had no response and I am getting anxious... :( I fell in love with the campus!
I know the wait is extremely tough but hang in there they send out one batch at a time. It seems like they send out acceptance offers every week. I'm sure you'll get yours in no time!

I'm trying to fill out some of the forms, and I have a couple of questions.
  • For the Residency Verification Form, when it tells us to "list the dates of physical presence in Colorado," do they mean the dates of when we'll be a student there?
  • How did you guys figure out your last date of registration (to vote)?
  • For "Do you maintain a home in another state?" if I'm living with my parents, would that be a yes or a no? o.o
Thanks in advance for the help :)

Hi I think they are just trying to figure out whether your tuition will be considered resident or non resident. I'm not sure if you are from a different state or CO. By the look of your profile on here, different. For physical address, I assume it's within the last few years so your current and previous address. Voting date, maybe when you plan to apply for a new drivers license from CO is when your last date is to vote at the current state from which you reside. I would chose yes for maintaining a home in another state eventhough you live with your parents. It seems like they ask in different ways to decide your residency. I hope this helps if not call them to make sure.
Man I obviously can't read. I'm not claiming Colorado residency so I didn't read the part where I don't have the complete the rest of the form LOL. But thank you for your help, I appreciate it!