University of Colorado-Skaggs SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnKaPa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured we should have a thread. Looking forward to hearing from other applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

Yep I applied for early decision, waiting on a response.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same. I took the Oct. 19th slot. I booked a flight already. Now for a hotel.

Congrats!!! Was it e-mail or phone call. Are you Early Decision or Regular?!

Thanks, I received mine on Sept. 14th via e-mail. Regular decision applicant. Although they did send me an option to be interviewed with the early decision students on the 12th.

Congrats to those who got interviews!

Now I'm starting to get nervous about my application.. it's been a while and still no word =/

Congrats!!! I'm getting worried as well. I received the email about my pre-reqs and beginning of evaluation on September 5th when they received my PCAT scores...I haven't gotten an email yet..Do they send out emails for the same interview date on the same day or separately as they go?

Got an email about an Oral Proficiency Exam... I was born here too.......

Are all applicants who said that given this exam?? Or only those they're interested in interviewing??? I'm just wondering because the dates they gave me, I'll be flying. So I'm wondering if I should try to get an earlier time or later time if everyone who designated those options has to do an interview.

Last edited:
Hmm that's strange. I thought if English is your first language then you don't have to do the proficiency test. I know a couple ppl that took the interview last year and they never mentioned it.

Hmm that's strange. I thought if English is your first language then you don't have to do the proficiency test. I know a couple ppl that took the interview last year and they never mentioned it.

Maybe its cause I didn't speak English at home..I'm Chinese and I speak Chinese at home with my parents. :( But even as I was making the appointment, she told me that I was going to be fine listening to me. I have it scheduled for tomorrow! :xf:

I hope that means that they want to give me an interview (...err. on campus interview...) ... :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Hope you get an interview too! Is Colorado your first choice?

I just received an interview invitation! It's for October 12.

Yep Colorado is my first choice.

Maybe its cause I didn't speak English at home..I'm Chinese and I speak Chinese at home with my parents. :( But even as I was making the appointment, she told me that I was going to be fine listening to me. I have it scheduled for tomorrow! :xf:

I hope that means that they want to give me an interview (...err. on campus interview...) ... :scared:

Good luck! I received the same e-mail although I didn't indicate on my application that I speak another language... Only that my parents were not originally from the U.S. in the "Special Life Circumstances" section. I e-mailed to schedule mine for next week. It was pretty difficult because I don't have easy access to a land-line.

Interview scheduled for the 19th of October!!!

Maybe its cause I didn't speak English at home..I'm Chinese and I speak Chinese at home with my parents. :( But even as I was making the appointment, she told me that I was going to be fine listening to me. I have it scheduled for tomorrow! :xf::scared:

I got the same email after I emailed them to schedule my interview. I don't remember answering positively to any of those questions.

Last edited:
I got the same email after I emailed them to schedule my interview. I don't remember answering positively to any of those questions. But now I'm upset and I have a negative impression of this school.

So they gave you a interview even before the oral proficiency exam!? I thought you needed to have done that first before moving on... :( Great. But I was quite honest with my answers as well. But the person who interviewed me was extremely nice.

So they gave you a interview even before the oral proficiency exam!? I thought you needed to have done that first before moving on... :( Great. But I was quite honest with my answers as well. But the person who interviewed me was extremely nice.

Well I didn't have the interview, but they emailed me last night to schedule one. I emailed them this morning to schedule it, and they emailed me back in the afternoon for the OPI.

Last edited:
Well I didn't have the interview, but they emailed me last night to schedule one. I emailed them this morning to schedule it, and they emailed me back in the afternoon for the OPI.
Honestly, I feel kind of insulted. Just because you can speak another language with your family, they question your English speaking ability. Oh well, whatever. I just got back from work and I can't even schedule the OPI since their office is closed.

It's okay! They gave you an interview already so obviously you were good enough. Better than me (!), I didn't even get invited for an interview! :(

But I honestly know what you mean, when I received the email, I was kind of frustrated. I don't remember saying yes to any of those questions as well. I'm born here and honestly, I only speak Chinese when its necessary and there's no way around it, like when I'm with my grandparents since they don't know an ounce of English. I have the worse American accent when I speak it too.

And if you want to schedule one, just call them. I got dates that were at the end of this month but I'm going to be flying at those times. So I asked them if they had anything sooner/later and got it done the next day. Don't fret!

It's okay! They gave you an interview already so obviously you were good enough. Better than me (!), I didn't even get invited for an interview! :(

But I honestly know what you mean, when I received the email, I was kind of frustrated. I don't remember saying yes to any of those questions as well. I'm born here and honestly, I only speak Chinese when its necessary and there's no way around it, like when I'm with my grandparents since they don't know an ounce of English. I have the worse American accent when I speak it too.

And if you want to schedule one, just call them. I got dates that were at the end of this month but I'm going to be flying at those times. So I asked them if they had anything sooner/later and got it done the next day. Don't fret!

Yeah I called the number, but they were closed. I will do it tomorrow morning.

Turn that frown upside down, my man. I'm sure they want to interview you if they wanted to give you the OPI. Just be patient.

Awesome! Completed the OPI yesterday and got an interview invite today!

Congrats! I just received an invite today as well! :) But I finished the OPI like three days ago! I picked Oct. 19th, hopefully its still available! :D

Congrats to those got interviews! received an interview invite as well. I chose October 26th but no confirmation yet. :) does anyone know if the interview is one-on-one or group?

After I completed my OPI, they scheduled me for an Oct 12th interview. I guess I'll be among the early applicants.

After I completed my OPI, they scheduled me for an Oct 12th interview. I guess I'll be among the early applicants.

Did they schedule your interview immediately after the OPI? Or did they call you later on..looks like some people on this blog are saying they got their interview invites a few days later? I finished the OPI this morning and they said I will hear back regarding an interview invite in a few days...

Congrats to those got interviews! received an interview invite as well. I chose October 26th but no confirmation yet. :) does anyone know if the interview is one-on-one or group?

See you on the 26! I am Tony how about you?

Yay, I have an interview for the October 19th slot. Does anyone have any ideas what sort of questions will be asked at the interview and also what greater percent chance we have to getting in if being offered an interview?

Yay, I have an interview for the October 19th slot. Does anyone have any ideas what sort of questions will be asked at the interview and also what greater percent chance we have to getting in if being offered an interview?

If you look at the stats from last year, out of the 354 that were offered interviews, 160 were given seats. So I would say the chances are decent.

You can find a lot of past interview questions if you go to the interview feedback page for UC Denver. Obviously, you can't really predict exactly what they'll ask since it changes year to year, but just thinking about those questions should be good preparation.

Good luck!

When did you guy submit your secondary application ?
I submitted my pharmCAS in july, and secondary applicaiton in Septermber. I took my pCAT on septermber 26th and scored 84%. I am in master program and my pharmcas gpa is 3.25. I am kind nervous for not hearing anything from the school.

When did you guy submit your secondary application ?
I submitted my pharmCAS in july, and secondary applicaiton in Septermber. I took my pCAT on septermber 26th and scored 84%. I am in master program and my pharmcas gpa is 3.25. I am kind nervous for not hearing anything from the school.

It takes a while for pearson to send the scores to pharmcas. For me it took about 5 weeks. The school doesn't review your application until it receives the pcat score along with all of the other necessary things.

Hey all! For those who are interviewing on the 19th, where do you guys plan on staying? At the hotel right across the street from the hotel?? I just got to booking a hotel....or a shuttle. :(

For those interviewing on the 12th, good luck and let us know how it goes

LOL! Did you guys book a flight back on the same day after the interview?

Also, did you guys hear that during the first year, you're considered an undergraduate and you only get up to 10,000 in loans? Is that true? And the rest you have to pay on your own or figure out on your own?

I am flying Thursday and leaving Friday after the interview. I have work the next day. What about you?

As for the loans.. I am not sure. Haven't heard that.

LOL! Did you guys book a flight back on the same day after the interview?

Also, did you guys hear that during the first year, you're considered an undergraduate and you only get up to 10,000 in loans? Is that true? And the rest you have to pay on your own or figure out on your own?

Same here. But I have a flight at 7 and I dont know if I'm going to make it since the interview ends at 4:30 and I would have to take the shuttle back to the hotel and hotel to airport.... Are you staying in Comfort Inn as well?

And I read that on SDN interview feedback site. It worries me a bit because there's no way I can pay that amount of money out of pocket...

I am flying Thursday and leaving Friday after the interview. I have work the next day. What about you?

As for the loans.. I am not sure. Haven't heard that.

I still need to decide where to stay but I wouldn't worry about the flight, the school is not too far from the airport when I checked google maps... 20-30 minutes? If I am not wrong. My flight is at 630.... So I hope I make it lol.

Same here. But I have a flight at 7 and I dont know if I'm going to make it since the interview ends at 4:30 and I would have to take the shuttle back to the hotel and hotel to airport.... Are you staying in Comfort Inn as well?

And I read that on SDN interview feedback site. It worries me a bit because there's no way I can pay that amount of money out of pocket...

Haha, same here, I haven't booked my hotel yet but I'm for sure going to pick one with shuttles from airport-->hotel-->school and back. LOL. Are you thinking about renting a car? And 6:30.... I hope you make it too then!

I am getting worried I won't make it. I am changing my flight time to 915pm. Lol thanks. Is comfort in the best one? I was going to rent a car but its not a biggie. It has been convenient for me for the other interviews. But since my flight is later I am in no rush so shuttle doesn't hurt. Let me know if you end up booking comfort inn.

Haha, same here, I haven't booked my hotel yet but I'm for sure going to pick one with shuttles from airport-->hotel-->school and back. LOL. Are you thinking about renting a car? And 6:30.... I hope you make it too then!

My flight was at 7 and I barely made it. But that was because the supershuttle stopped by my hotel early and left before my pickup window. I was stranded for an hour.

My flight was at 7 and I barely made it. But that was because the supershuttle stopped by my hotel early and left before my pickup window. I was stranded for an hour.

Oh. Did you stay at the hotel right across the street from the school? I'm thinking about taking the hotel shuttle back to the hotel first to pick up my stuff and then take their shuttle to airport... Now I don't know if I"ll make it. What time did your interview end? And is it true that during your first year, you'll only get $10,000 in loans and the rest is up to you to figure out?? I read that on SDN interview feedback...

I am getting worried I won't make it. I am changing my flight time to 915pm. Lol thanks. Is comfort in the best one? I was going to rent a car but its not a biggie. It has been convenient for me for the other interviews. But since my flight is later I am in no rush so shuttle doesn't hurt. Let me know if you end up booking comfort inn.

Where are you staying? I don't know which is best. I called a few hotels and they have no idea what I"m talking about when I say shuttle to the school....

Oh. Did you stay at the hotel right across the street from the school? I'm thinking about taking the hotel shuttle back to the hotel first to pick up my stuff and then take their shuttle to airport... Now I don't know if I"ll make it. What time did your interview end? And is it true that during your first year, you'll only get $10,000 in loans and the rest is up to you to figure out?? I read that on SDN interview feedback...

Yeah I stayed at SpringHill Suites. I was told we would definitely be done by 4:30 but it really depends on your group interaction. My group went to about 4:40. So I asked one of the locals to drop me back off at the hotel. Not sure about the loans, it wasn't a concern of mine.

Yeah I stayed at SpringHill Suites. I was told we would definitely be done by 4:30 but it really depends on your group interaction. My group went to about 4:40. So I asked one of the locals to drop me back off at the hotel. Not sure about the loans, it wasn't a concern of mine.

Ohh. How was your interview? Did you walk to the interview location?

Ohh. How was your interview? Did you walk to the interview location?

They actually have a shuttle. It's across from campus, but the pharmacy building is on the other side of campus. It's not a short walk.