University of Colorado timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angelo gabooch

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone has been accepted to CU, how soon after the interview did you hear?

Members don't see this ad.

i haven't been accepted (*yet*) but they said they send out acceptances to a few people each month on the last day of the month. everyone else has to wait until march 20th. looks like i'm in that second group...

Members don't see this ad :)
Three days. But I think that is unusual. I LOVED this school.

You will either hear a few days after your interview, or you will hear in late March.

Good luck.

SF

CU lets a few people know almost immediately after the interview. Everyone else must wait until the middle to late March to find out. If you make it in the top third of the wait list, you are pretty much in.

Hey-
I am OOS and found out about two weeks after I interviewed...

As a former resident at CO, please if you end up being a student there, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT become a typical CO med student.

Let me give you the typical resident (who are from OOS med schools) impression of the students there:

lazy
interested in doing anything possible to get out of work
want to be spoon fed
angry if they have to work past 4:30
do not do scut

The med students there have a terrible reputation among residesnts, especially those from OOS schools. In fact, even the residents in my department who matched from CO admit their colleagues are laaaaazzzzzy.

Otherwise, CO is a freaking awesome place to live and work!!!!!!!!!

what kind of stats u guys got...those that are IS...just curious as to what I am up against....;)

as for me MCAT 30M, 3.6 gpa, good EC's, research, etc.
Where did u guys go to undergrad also?

I was told at my interview that the top third (top 60) always get in from the dean....

I was told at my interview that the top third (top 60) always get in from the dean....

that's awesome. what's your status ski??

my interview is on friday...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to revive this thread...anyone else excited/anxious to hear from CU March 20th? Has anyone heard anything recently (acceptances)?

Hey-
I am OOS and found out about two weeks after I interviewed...

so as OOS do you have to pay the ridiculous tuition or is there a way out of it?

i too heard that the top third of the waitlist gets in... i'm pretty sure im giving up my spot, just got a weird vibe when i was there

Just wanted to revive this thread...anyone else excited/anxious to hear from CU March 20th? Has anyone heard anything recently (acceptances)?

I interviewd in November, but now I have given up hope on a acceptance, so I am praying for a top 3rd stop in the waitlist.

I interviewd in November, but now I have given up hope on a acceptance, so I am praying for a top 3rd stop in the waitlist.

Docbens are you IS or OOS? I don't think very many people have been accepted yet, so I think when we hear mid-March there will still be a fair number of acceptances sent out as well. Good luck!

I interview on 1/29, and just got my acceptance last week :laugh: (2/15). I suppose they give out some acceptances each thursday (btw, at the interview he told us he always leaves work at 3:30pm, so you can stop checking after that).

However, they also said the bulk of decisions are made mid-march, and everyone is notified ~3/20. So I wouldn't worry until then!

BTW, I'm IS, but my frantic checking of mdapplicants has shown me that the majority of early acceptances have been OOS

I interview on 1/29, and just got my acceptance last week :laugh: (2/15). I suppose they give out some acceptances each thursday (btw, at the interview he told us he always leaves work at 3:30pm, so you can stop checking after that).

However, they also said the bulk of decisions are made mid-march, and everyone is notified ~3/20. So I wouldn't worry until then!

BTW, I'm IS, but my frantic checking of mdapplicants has shown me that the majority of early acceptances have been OOS

Congrats on the acceptance! What undergrad do you attend?

SF

I know everyone's kind of freaking out like I was before, so I noticed the trend (from mdapplicants) goes that a 3.6+ GPA and 30+ MCAT gets you serious consideration for instate, regardless of school

Just to satiate everyone's curiosity, my stats are:

Went to Cornell U, 3.67 GPA, 37S MCAT, two years biochemical research.

I actually was enrolled in the Cornell Teaching Education program for the most part, so I was kind of lacking in clinical experiences/volunteering while I focused on teaching.

I took a year off afterwards to apply/work at my research job.

Hope that helps guys, good luck~

Docbens are you IS or OOS? I don't think very many people have been accepted yet, so I think when we hear mid-March there will still be a fair number of acceptances sent out as well. Good luck!

I am IS...so I am hoping that will help. I have been out of state for undergrad, but the home state is calling me back....I miss CO.

I interviewed on a Monday in late-Jan. and was accepted a couple days later via e-mail.

As with GreatPremedWu, here are my stats for anyone curious:

MCAT/GPA: 41/3.95
Stanford UG
In-state resident.

I was really impressed with the school. Good luck to everyone and I hope you hear back soon!

so as OOS do you have to pay the ridiculous tuition or is there a way out of it?

I think they changed is so that each year is less than the 70 grand but that now you cannot get instate after your first year......or so I think....

been accepted from the 2/16 interviews? Trying to figure out if they are batching all acceptancesl till 3/20 at this point.

No the last post was wrong. If you're OOS, you pay OOS tuition for all 4 years. They made that very clear in our interviews. They lowered the OOS tuition to something like $46k/yr. They also raised IS tuition to compensate for that. GRRR...

Older Dude.... everyone waits til 3/20 at this point... Good luck!

been accepted from the 2/16 interviews? Trying to figure out if they are batching all acceptancesl till 3/20 at this point.

Had mine 2/9... no news. I think I saw the last group of interviewees this past Monday.

Less than 3 weeks... Good luck to everyone! :thumbup: :luck:

Did anyone interview 2/16 and receive any news? I guess we are all just waiting until the 20th...Good Luck!

As a former resident at CO, please if you end up being a student there, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT become a typical CO med student.

Let me give you the typical resident (who are from OOS med schools) impression of the students there:

lazy
interested in doing anything possible to get out of work
want to be spoon fed
angry if they have to work past 4:30
do not do scut

The med students there have a terrible reputation among residesnts, especially those from OOS schools. In fact, even the residents in my department who matched from CO admit their colleagues are laaaaazzzzzy.

I guess when interns and residents feel insecure and frustrated, it's easy to feel better by picking on the lowest person in the hierarchy: the med student. Are we really supposed to believe that 130 students a year are universally lazy, immature, and useless to their hardworking and dedicated residents? And is that why more than a few of us actually match into the same programs at which we do our clerkship rotations? :rolleyes:

does anyone know how they are informing all of us after they FINALLY make their decisions? i interviewed in november and i might go crazy if i have to wait three or four MORE days for snail mail!!!