university of colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lawj

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody in colorado receive secondary apps from CU yet?

Members don't see this ad.

lawj said:
Anybody in colorado receive secondary apps from CU yet?

No. I spoke with their admissions office probably about 2 weeks ago and they said they'd be sending them out via e-mail in a couple of weeks. Hopefully they'll arrive starting next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
ShyRem said:
They're running mighty late this year. Last year it was out in mid-July.

Yea, it's dissappointing. They're by far my #1 choice so I'm anxious to get it complete.

I haven't even heard of any EDP folks getting the secondary - and that was supposed to be complete by five days ago.

I hope they don't delay acceptance/interview decisions like they're delaying the secondary. Last year everyone I knew that interviewed at Colorado didn't hear until March 15.

ShyRem said:
I haven't even heard of any EDP folks getting the secondary - and that was supposed to be complete by five days ago.

I hope they don't delay acceptance/interview decisions like they're delaying the secondary. Last year everyone I knew that interviewed at Colorado didn't hear until March 15.

They offer acceptances earlier than that to some people, but the vast majority don't get notice until March.

Anyone notice that on Colorado's application page it now says "2006" instead of "2005"? AND the form is there. Not sure if you should wait until invited or not since the site isn't available by searching their website, but it doesn't seem to need a password to submit the secondary - just to check your status.

Oh, and on the "information" page it says the app fee is $100, but on the application itself it still says $80. I guess it's not QUITE ready yet.

Oh, and on the "information" page it says the app fee is $100, but on the application itself it still says $80. I guess it's not QUITE ready yet.

i just got the secondary invite. anyone else?? and anyone know if they screen? i know, i know... i should do a search--but this forum's search function is incredibly helpless.

thanks!

sgrnspc said:
i just got the secondary invite. anyone else?? and anyone know if they screen? i know, i know... i should do a search--but this forum's search function is incredibly helpless.

thanks!

Yes and no in that order.

They do NOT screen. FYI: I sent a email asking for clarification of the application fee. No word yet.

ShyRem said:
Anyone notice that on Colorado's application page it now says "2006" instead of "2005"? AND the form is there. Not sure if you should wait until invited or not since the site isn't available by searching their website, but it doesn't seem to need a password to submit the secondary - just to check your status.

what's the URL?

Anyone know why the out of state tuition is so expensive?? It's insane. It's $69,000 a year! Does anyone know why this is? I just got a secondary for them, and I am not sure if I want to go there now after hearing about this tuition. Is it possible to become a resident of Colorado while you are a 1st year medical student?

Sorry, Weebs. But from the information page (yes, the typo is NOT mine):
As a publicly supported medical school, the University of Colorado accepts a mojority of its students from Colorado, Wyoming and Montana. There is a differential tuition schedule for nonresidents, who are not funded by WICHE. The first year tuition for nonresidents is currently over $72,000. As you consider whether to follow htrough on your application, you should note that the average GPA for entering students was 3.7 and the average MCAT was 32.

And, BTW: I checked the application page and it now says the fee is $100. I, however, have a printout of my application page which says $80. Still no word from CU.

Dr. Weebs said:
Anyone know why the out of state tuition is so expensive?? It's insane. It's $69,000 a year! Does anyone know why this is? I just got a secondary for them, and I am not sure if I want to go there now after hearing about this tuition. Is it possible to become a resident of Colorado while you are a 1st year medical student?

It is so expensive for out of staters because you only pay out of state tuition the first year and after that you are instate tuition. They charge a very high amount for the first year instead of charging a moderate amount for 4 years (this is due to Colorado Residency Law).

does anyone know what the ave. science gpa for U of Colorado is?

just curious, thanks.

any big advantages to Colorado? Seems like a lot of people are interested...