University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rzon2chie

I beLIEve!!!!!!!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guyz! anyone who got an interview call from UofC...??? anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guyz! anyone who got an interview call from UofC...??? anyone?

I applied to the uni of col in the last week of aug and that jane miller has not even responded back that whether she got my application or not

I can understand that you are very eagerly waiting to hear from them.But at Colorado you get an interview call only atleast 2 weeks after the last date of application. They review all the applications and only them call for practical exam, similar to the California Universities.
Don't be in a hurry.....
Keep waiting as usual.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Colorado's application deadline is Jan 31, 2007. they do NOT work on a rolling admissions process. They will only call you starting the beginning of February next year.
Unfotunately... all you can do is wait..

thanks guyz for the reply, at leats I am not blind sighted on when they gonna call for an interview..good luck to all of us..

thanks guyz for the reply, at leats I am not blind sighted on when they gonna call for an interview..good luck to all of us..

god do they have a practical...i didnt know that

yes they have practical exam its written in their site.. even i was unaware till yesterday and then i read the info. in the colorodo dental college site.its written over their abt the practical exam is cnducted.

hey guys...
i have applied to CU isp program for the last two years and is familiar with their adimssion processes...i can probably give you better and more accurate information then others who base their threads on rumours or inaccurate information...
CU is not on a rolling bases...therefore they will not be calling for any interviews until they review all files...it usually takes them two to three weeks after the deadline to send out interview letters...this year i am guessing that jane will be sending out letters sometime towards last week of Febuaray...they do have practical exam, which is class II composite and a crown prep both on premolars...they send out detailed info with the interview letter...
i talked to jane last week and she said that you will have to allow at least two to three weeks before after you submit applications for her to process it...she told me that she is sending out emails to let us know if our application is complete or not...if you have not yet heard from her, then you should browse through your spam mail folder or junk mail folder because sometimes her mails get filtered as junk mail....same with hers, usually hotmail and yahoo mails seemed to go into her junk mail folder..

i've had positive experience with CU the last two years and the faculty and students seem to be very nice....i've gained much personal experiencee that i can assist anyone who is interested in CU's admission process...it's a great school and two year program (where as most school's are three year program) and the tuition is lower than pretty much other schools and their new building is just breathtaking....i strongly suggest anyone who is debating their decisions visit colroado and just get to tour around and meet people...i promise you that you will not regret selecting CU...you just have to see it to believe it...

please ask me any questions you have and i will try to do my best...i wish you all good luck

hey guys...
It seems to be a great university . Good luck with your application!
I still can not aply there (they ask 95for Toefl and I don`t have time to pass again this exam(any place just february next year) .

:) :)
hey guys...
i have applied to CU isp program for the last two years and is familiar with their adimssion processes...i can probably give you better and more accurate information then others who base their threads on rumours or inaccurate information...
CU is not on a rolling bases...therefore they will not be calling for any interviews until they review all files...it usually takes them two to three weeks after the deadline to send out interview letters...this year i am guessing that jane will be sending out letters sometime towards last week of Febuaray...they do have practical exam, which is class II composite and a crown prep both on premolars...they send out detailed info with the interview letter...
i talked to jane last week and she said that you will have to allow at least two to three weeks before after you submit applications for her to process it...she told me that she is sending out emails to let us know if our application is complete or not...if you have not yet heard from her, then you should browse through your spam mail folder or junk mail folder because sometimes her mails get filtered as junk mail....same with hers, usually hotmail and yahoo mails seemed to go into her junk mail folder..

i've had positive experience with CU the last two years and the faculty and students seem to be very nice....i've gained much personal experiencee that i can assist anyone who is interested in CU's admission process...it's a great school and two year program (where as most school's are three year program) and the tuition is lower than pretty much other schools and their new building is just breathtaking....i strongly suggest anyone who is debating their decisions visit colroado and just get to tour around and meet people...i promise you that you will not regret selecting CU...you just have to see it to believe it...

please ask me any questions you have and i will try to do my best...i wish you all good luck

thanks looking forward for you help.:)

Colorado's application deadline is Jan 31, 2007. they do NOT work on a rolling admissions process. They will only call you starting the beginning of February next year.
Unfotunately... all you can do is wait..

hi,
is that deadline for 2007 admissions or for 2008....
b coz wen i called and asked she said this is for classes starting in 2008.and also on website its mentioned that next class begins from jan 2008.........plz correct me if am wrong..

Admissions for class of 2007 were already completed.
now we have the chance to apply only for 2008 cycle.

hope this helps!

thanks,got out of my confusion...

Members don't see this ad :)
how many seats r in colorodo???

Hi~
their deadline is January 31 2007 for the class starting in jan 2008.
they always start in January, i don't know why.
hope this made things a bit clear for you.

hi,
is that deadline for 2007 admissions or for 2008....
b coz wen i called and asked she said this is for classes starting in 2008.and also on website its mentioned that next class begins from jan 2008.........plz correct me if am wrong..

hey guys...

Hi, Totojjang,

I checked from CU website, found that they prefer the candidates done with patr 2. Right now I am working on the part 2, is it OK for me to submit an app? Do they have the minimum requirement on part 1, such as 90+?Would you please give me some idea? Thank you very much for your input.

Regards,
RF

No response?
Please give some kind help. Thanks from the bottom of my heart:oops:

No response?
Please give some kind help. Thanks from the bottom of my heart:oops:

Hi,

No yhey do not have a 90+ requirement but yes they prefer part 2 also.Is a very nice school whith nice people.I would say pretty organized also.If you have any qestions please ask.

Hi,

No yhey do not have a 90+ requirement but yes they prefer part 2 also.Is a very nice school whith nice people.I would say pretty organized also.If you have any qestions please ask.

Thanks, Nevio. No more question on CU. Warmest congratulations on your accepance in UTHSCSA. It IS a great dental school. :)

No problem and I wish you all the best Rf2006.:)

Thanks, Nevio. No more question on CU. Warmest congratulations on your accepance in UTHSCSA. It IS a great dental school. :)

hi nevio

i am also a texas resident ,could u plz tell me what was your part 1 score

thanks
greeny
No problem and I wish you all the best Rf2006.:)

Hey
Guys...i am stuck at a portion of the Application ...its the second page where they ask ur Educational History...it might be silly to ask but do we have to just put here our Dental School detail only?....please help in this regard....:oops:

thanks frends :thumbup:

answer my query.........:oops:

answer my query.........:oops:

what i wrote is those dental related ones, but ithink u can include if u took any masterals or any specialization.

hey guys...

hi
iam intersted in applying to colorado. if u can pl help me what shud b written fr DENTAL EXPERIENCE?is it our on the whole idea and experiences in dental field or our experience as a dentist back in our home country? pl clarify my doubt and also do they have a min part 1 score requirement? thanks in advance.

can any one tell what the skill test exactly is and does one have to go for classess or something to get prepared for the skill test ,held by the university of colorado

can any one tell what the skill test exactly is and does one have to go for classess or something to get prepared for the skill test ,held by the university of colorado

I guess that is the "practical" exam

I just wrote toefl and was going to apply to colorado, pennsylvania, boston and minnesota but as i see most of these colleges have already selected candidates and even their alternate list has started so i was wondering is it wise to apply now or is it just a waste of money now?

hello,

could u please give me the no of seats in CU for the year 2008?thanks .
hey guys...

when are the interviews held, (which month )is it sometime in april.

guyz! I got a letter thru e-mail fron jane miller that my application is complete. any one of you guys too? wonder how many seats are available for the program..:confused:

I also recieved an email and its the same u got rzonchie...with around 42 people in the email...if i am not recieving the email....:eek:
Even i m looking for answers for the number of seats available....;)
Good luck guys...
:luck: :luck:

Hi
to correct....that: i recieved the email regarding confirmation and 42 people recieved it....too...:D :D :D :D
:thumbup:

hi guys

i received the same e-mail too..jus says that my application is complete and that i should wait for any further correspondence.....however i jus applied with my part 1 scores......have u guys taken taken part 2 as well ?????????.............jus wondering wat chances i stand to be called for an interview ?????????

when are the interviews at uoc held?
anyone knows abt this?

Hi
Not before April or May;2007.....
:)

thanks for replying......are u sure abt april or even after that? i thought thts little too late even though they start program in jan2008...

They review after the deadline which is JANUARY 31 st....so they start in April for the inteview process which is not very long ...
good luck

hey guys i jus applied to colorado wid my part 1 scores only...is there anyone else who applied wid jus part 1 scores or has everyone applied wid both part1 abd part 2 scores.......

hey guys i jus applied to colorado wid my part 1 scores only...is there anyone else who applied wid jus part 1 scores or has everyone applied wid both part1 abd part 2 scores.......

Hi DD80
I applied only with Part 1....but seems no one seems to be answering this question her...
Please guys post in the thread as to who all have applied with both or just one scores.....
bye:luck: :luck:

Hi DD80
I applied only with Part 1....but seems no one seems to be answering this question her...
Please guys post in the thread as to who all have applied with both or just one scores.....

ya u r rite.....no one replied to it yet...well they dont say it on their application package that preference will be given to ppl who have givenm both part 1 and 2 ...os lets c wat happens...all we can do is wait and hope i guess...

ya u r rite.....no one replied to it yet...well they dont say it on their application package that preference will be given to ppl who have givenm both part 1 and 2 ...os lets c wat happens...all we can do is wait and hope i guess...

WEll in their website they do say so

Hey there!!
Does anyone know how many seats are there for the 2008 program?
Thanks!!

I also recieved an email that my application is complete. I mailed Jane and she said 20 seats are available this year.

Hi DD80

I also applied only with part I score...
They send me an e-mail some time ago saying that my NBDE and Toefl scores were missing from my application (although I have requested from both ADA and Prometric to send them..) So, I notorazed them and sent it to Ms Miller. As she dind't give any response, I sent an e-mail asking if my application process was complete. She dindn't answer me.... Don't know what to do....Any clue, guys?

The deadline for the applications is March. They will start reviewing the applications in March and you may get interview call letters in April. The interviews may be sometime in June and July as they conduct in 2 batches. They will let you know on before hand what they will be asking in the practical exam. (Atleast they have been doing it till last year interviews)

They prefer the candidates who have part2 but if you have the rest of your CV really nice then you may have a chance of getting admission. I didnt have my part 2 scores when I applied but I got in. They look for an entire package but not just for specific stuff. They look at your hand skills, interview skills,scores,personality altogether. We have 20 seats in this program. Its a very intense program but you will be get a lot of exposure in the clinic.
They teach rotary endo and implants too. You get to see as many patients as you want. Its a very student friendly school. They understand your problems both academic and personal and try to help you as much as they can. The faculty is very good and friendly.

Hi
Can anyone tell me where in their website they have mentioned about practical exam. I searced but I could not find any information about practical exam.
Any help will be appreciated

Hi
Can anyone tell me where in their website they have mentioned about practical exam. I searced but I could not find any information about practical exam.
Any help will be appreciated
i received email from them that my application is complete n they mentioned in that there is a practical exam on the day of the interview...

you shall recieved an email confirmation from them stating that there is a practical exam. i just got one earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.