University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaun009

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything yet? Anyone received interview requests? I called maybe two weeks ago and they said they inform applicants at the end of January and the beginning of February.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, nothing here either

some poster said that the admissions committee met just yesterday (Wednesday). so prollie hear something in the next 1-2 weeks.

my fall grades won't be used b/c i sent the transcripts in kinda late. hopefully that won't hurt my chance. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the responses... let's keep this thread open so we can keep each other informed.

How would they contact you for an interview? ... by mail?, phone?, or e-mail? :p

e-mail I believe.

I just spoke with someone today in admissions and she said that I would probably hear something by the end of next week or the following week.

do you mean someone at the admissions office

I spoke with someone in the Office of Student Services for admissions and pre-pharmacy. I was calling regarding my fall grades and before we got off the phone that is what she told me.

cool , i am so hoping to hear from them , that is my ist choice

I'm going to blame this on the blizzard. UCD delayed processing grades for the fall semester by two weeks (PharmCAS barely got my transcripts in time) so I can only imagine that UCHSC is also running behind processing applications.

I wonder if they're still going to hold interviews on Feb 9th. As someone posted we may not here from them until the end of next week or after that weekend, so that's less than a week before that first interview date. :confused:

I just got an email informing me that I've been invited to interview! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
me 2. this school is better in that they let you CHOOSE what day you want to interview. wow 1800 apps this yr? record for them. it'll be tough. but they only give out interviews based on GPA so that's why the decision is quick lol.

me 2. this school is better in that they let you CHOOSE what day you want to interview. wow 1800 apps this yr? record for them. it'll be tough. but they only give out interviews based on GPA so that's why the decision is quick lol.

do you know how much you need to have for a GPA to get an invitation??

Someone else can have my interview slot :)

Ya, that is a lot of applicants. I just got an email too :) but I'm going to decline it. I don't have the money to fly around anymore, interviews are making me poor. Plus, I just had to reformat my 5-year old computer after it was getting messed up, so I need the money for a new computer :D. Congrats to everyone else and good luck! :luck:

Ya, that is a lot of applicants. I just got an email too :) but I'm going to decline it. I don't have the money to fly around anymore, interviews are making me poor. Plus, I just had to reformat my 5-year old computer after it was getting messed up, so I need the money for a new computer :D. Congrats to everyone else and good luck! :luck:

lol i'm just too lazy to fly out there :D

Darn, OSS sent an email to P1 and P2 students inviting us to come by and scare...er...chat with you guys. They must have done that after they sent out the interview invitations. I was hoping I had information to share. Oh, well. Congrats and best of luck to everybody.

Congrats to those who got interviews. Ive been getting a lot of spam lately in my email. Just curious who was the email from and what was the title of the email? I don't want to accidentally erase emails if there are any. Thanks!

Congrats to those who got interviews. Ive been getting a lot of spam lately in my email. Just curious who was the email from and what was the title of the email? I don't want to accidentally erase emails if there are any. Thanks!

From Beverly Brunson (MPA, Director of Student Services) and the title is Invitation to Interview at the University of Colorado School of Pharmacy

Damn and we thought 1600 was a lot last year. Interviews are often done by gpa, but there is some fudge room for those of you without crazy gpas. Good luck to everyone and maybe I'll meet some of you on interview day.

From Beverly Brunson (MPA, Director of Student Services) and the title is Invitation to Interview at the University of Colorado School of Pharmacy

:eek: :eek: I think I might have deleted the email. Argh. I emptied my trash awhiles ago and vaguely saw the name Beverly. Doh!!! Tho the title was different. Argh! I think Ill email her and double check my status. Thanks!

I got an interview request from Colorado too! Yeah, I'm glad to be among the chosen from a group of 1800 students. This will be my 6th interview request, but I am still deciding whether to take this interview....

by the way, for all of you who got invitations, when did you apply and what are your GPAs??

by the way, for all of you who got invitations, when did you apply and what are your GPAs??

i don't think it matters when u apply b/c they are non-rolling. my GPA is 3.82 but i'm out of state so it'll be tougher for me.

hey patcmd, are you a pharmacy student there? give us hints please.

Got an interview!!!! 3.91 GPA, 9 months of pharmacy experience and currently working on my bachelor's degree at Arizona State University.

i don't think it matters when u apply b/c they are non-rolling. my GPA is 3.82 but i'm out of state so it'll be tougher for me.

hey patcmd, are you a pharmacy student there? give us hints please.

So does this mean that the school perfers in-state students as opposed to out-of state? Does anyone know the ratio of in/out - of state students in prior classes?

So does this mean that the school perfers in-state students as opposed to out-of state? Does anyone know the ratio of in/out - of state students in prior classes?

it's a state school so of course. last yr, from pharmcas, 23 people were enrolled out of state (130 enrolled total). the # of acceptances may be more i think.

however, this year, it is estimating 91 in-state, 39 out of state for its 130 seats. but that's still 30% (but again, this is enrolled; acceptances may be more since people will most likely decline)

Besides the interview feedback page... can any current students take us through their interview day? What was the math sample like?

hey shaun, congrats on the interview. I haven't received anything yet from Colorado. Does that mean I did not get an interview or are they still sending emails? I just contacted midwestern-cpg to find out if i was accepted or not and they told me they could not make the decision right now and will be mailing it in 2 weeks. Of course it means I was not accepted because I know someone who called and was accepted. Oh well, crossing my fingers for the other interviews.

Just got back from out-of-town, and I had a great email waiting! I was invited to interview at UCHSC! 3.86gpa, out-of-state, bachelors in biology.

hey shaun, congrats on the interview. I haven't received anything yet from Colorado. Does that mean I did not get an interview or are they still sending emails? I just contacted midwestern-cpg to find out if i was accepted or not and they told me they could not make the decision right now and will be mailing it in 2 weeks. Of course it means I was not accepted because I know someone who called and was accepted. Oh well, crossing my fingers for the other interviews.

Hey there, did we meet during the interviews? I don't even remember when I interviewed, it was the second set though.. maybe 11/16?

I can't answer your question with certainty. What are your stats? Specifically your GPA?

Darn, OSS sent an email to P1 and P2 students inviting us to come by and scare...er...chat with you guys. They must have done that after they sent out the interview invitations. I was hoping I had information to share. Oh, well. Congrats and be...]

Can you give us...so information on how conduct there interviews? and was it stressful?? thanks...

They're doing interviews until sometime mid march as I recall, so they may not have sent all the emails yet.

As with most state schools the going can be rough for out of state students. I think my class is 80%+ instate.

Besides the interview feedback page... can any current students take us through their interview day? What was the math sample like?

The interview day isn't bad. The math test is easy. It was basic calculations and conversions. You also have a writing exam, a group activity, and of course your interview. The writing exam is an opinion on a given article/topic. The group activity has you rank a group of work related qualities as a group. Its used to see how well you can work/lead/participate in a group. The interview covers a set of given questions, and whatever you and your interviewers feel like talking about.

RELAX! Its not bad at all.

My interview experience was really great. I had a chance to ask any and all questions about the school and curriculum. The faculty may be the school's best quality. All that I've encountered are very dedicated to pharmacy and have diverse areas of expertise. Outside of the actual interview questions, get your interviewer talking about what they do. The time will fly by.

Take the time to talk with your fellow interviewees. Ask where they're from, where they've done their pre-reqs, where they work and encourage them when they go into their interviews. You might just see those folks again on the first day of orientation. I hang out with several people that interviewed on the same day as me.

Give yourself permission to be nervous, but be ready to let it go quickly. Arrive early and mingle with students. We've been told you're coming, so we'll know what you're there for. You'll find a ready supply of students in the lounge area and lobby by the east entrance to the school (and if it's between class changes we'll be jammed in the hallway - which still freaks me out a little LOL).

Make your interview happen, don't just let it happen.

If some individuals already got an interview, does this mean they are done with the selection process of who they want to interview?:(

If some individuals already got an interview, does this mean they are done with the selection process of who they want to interview?:(

Hey hang in there. I already got an email saying I wont be invited for an interview (aka rejection email). Like they say.."no news is good news..."

Hey hang in there. I already got an email saying I wont be invited for an interview (aka rejection email). Like they say.."no news is good news..."

hi ipinjoy... you received an email from u of colorado??? what is your stats if you dont mind?

hi ipinjoy... you received an email from u of colorado??? what is your stats if you dont mind?

My letter specifically said that I had too many outstanding prereqs for them to make an proper assessment of my application. (I have about 4-5 to finish from now till early August). Plus, I didnt turn in my transcript for fall semester by 1/15. Not sure if that was another factor or if there were other factors, but that's what my letter primarily stated. Im ok with it tho. Good luck!

Gpa 3.0
sci gpa 3.3
have bachelors
tons of work experience
1 yr pharm clerk

My letter specifically said that I had too many outstanding prereqs for them to make an proper assessment of my application. (I have about 4-5 to finish from now till early August). Plus, I didnt turn in my transcript for fall semester by 1/15. Not sure if that was another factor or if there were other factors, but that's what my letter primarily stated. Im ok with it tho. Good luck!

Gpa 3.0
sci gpa 3.3
have bachelors
tons of work experience
1 yr pharm clerk

i didn't turn in my transcripts on time either. i think the pre-reqs finished DO matter. i only have anatomy left.

it's a state school so of course. last yr, from pharmcas, 23 people were enrolled out of state (130 enrolled total). the # of acceptances may be more i think.

however, this year, it is estimating 91 in-state, 39 out of state for its 130 seats. but that's still 30% (but again, this is enrolled; acceptances may be more since people will most likely decline)

Can you tell me where this statistic is from? I think a 30% out of state acceptance rate is actually pretty good, considering most applicants are in-state.

Can you tell me where this statistic is from? I think a 30% out of state acceptance rate is actually pretty good, considering most applicants are in-state.

Careful...he's saying 30% of the class is from out-of-state, not that 30% of out-of-state applicants are accepted. That, and I would guess that the vast majority of applicants are from out-of-state (ie California).

EDIT: I think he got the statistics from the PharmCAS page on UCHSC.

My class is definatly not 30% out of state students. I think its more like 15-20%. As I recall they told us, that our class had the most out of state students they had accepted. Most state schools are only allowed to have a certain percent out of state students.

Good luck to those of you that have recieved interview invites. You've already passed the hard part. They offer acceptances to roughly have the people that interview.

darn, i got rejected from colorado today just received the email