University of Detroit Mercy acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

makdr

UDM started sending acceptance letters by yesterday. The director personally making phone calls to all accepted students. however the number of students intake is not known.

Myapplication got accepted. it was so happy news and in fact surprise news.

My stats :
Part1:93
TOEFL:100
GPA:3.08 ece
Experiance:3 years in india, 2years as volunteer in usa

Members don't see this ad.

UDM started sending acceptance letters by yesterday. The director personally making phone calls to all accepted students. however the number of students intake is not known.

My stats :
GPA:3.58
congrats for ur acceptance..i think u got acceptance at NYU also???

My stats :
GPA:3.58

when did they interview you ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was been interviewed in Apr 9th in udm. NYU has put me in waitlist,, i hate that college.

Thanks anyway!!

I was been interviewed in Apr 9th in udm. NYU has put me in waitlist,, i hate that college.

Thanks anyway!!

thas very sad:(:( NYU shouldn't have waitlisted you..nyu should have looked into your part1 score atleast....besides you have a good GPA....all US universities have their wierd, unknown selection criteria....

congrats for ur successful admission @UDM ....:thumbup::thumbup:

please what did they ask you in your interview and who did your interview
can you posted here i will be appreciate it
thank you

Hi,
I received my acceptance from UDM.
Part1 89
TOEFL 100
Gpa 3.2
Experience -Dental Assistant -1yr and research related experience

I'm looking for a roommate to share an apartment, if any indian female accepted to UDM is interested, please get in touch.
Thanks,

when was your interview and what did they ask you and how many students did they interview if you know

I was interviewed on April 9. Its a personal interview, went on for about an hour. No clinical questions were asked but my interviewer did ask me an ethical question. I was told that they have increased the no.of seats for this year.

when they inteviewed you when did they send your acceptance letter and what was the personal q they asked you if you can tell me please

congratulations makdr and dent 81!! when is the program going to start ?

has anyone else been interviewd at univ of detroit?pls share yr experiences.
any news on how many people they are going to accept this year?thanks.

congrats makdr and dent81, will udm accept WES gpa? udm will aaccept only green card and Per.citizens, am i right? I appreciate ur feed backs.
All the best for ur future.Take care

My stats :
GPA:3.08 ece

Well I got the interview in UDM as well...I didnot even expect a call from this school which there is not an enough information about it on the web like the others have,it s like out of the blue for me...Their application package had sat on my desk for 4 weeks,i d almost thrown it away...
I had the interview in other schools like UIC,USC,NYU,etc...
But this school is,I mean,the building,equipments,working conditions,environment,cost of living in detroit,reasonable tuition etc... one of the best!,
But I would like to mention something which is very important for me is the professionalism of the faculty,they are real PROFESSIONALS.At least they treat u as a doctor,a colleague,an attidude which I never encountered in other schools!!!(the other schools were kinda disaster for a dr who has self respect! :()
UDM IS A HIDDEN TREASURE GUYS ,dont miss it

good luck!!!:luck::love:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi
did they send you an acceptance letter and if they did how long it takes to get that .because i had an interview today and they said it takes up to one week to get thae answer because the committe has to meet to decide if they gonna accept me or not?i am hoping for an acceptance because i really like the school and as you said everything is new and upgraded.

When did they call you for an interivew? Can you tell me your toefl score?
I am also waiting for the interview from UDM??
Good luck, I hope you can get through...
Thank you very much

hi
did they send you an acceptance letter and if they did how long it takes to get that .because i had an interview today and they said it takes up to one week to get thae answer because the committe has to meet to decide if they gonna accept me or not?i am hoping for an acceptance because i really like the school and as you said everything is new and upgraded.

hi, i had interview at udm yestday , even they told me the same thg abt the committe thinge n all, it seems a good school.
i wonder if ths shcool fullfill all the requirments as an internationaly known dental school.

they called me last week and i took detroit test of english because i live here but i have heared they calling people with toefl score less than 100 if you have a good nbde

they called me last week and i took detroit test of english because i live here but i have heared they calling people with toefl score less than 100 if you have a good nbde

Oh.. I hope they are calling. I took Detroit Test of English too. I live in Troy.
Did you score more than 70? Mine was little <70. so, I am not sure....
Cross fingers for now. I really want to go to UDM though...

mine was 80 but what they asked you in your interview and did they give you the calsses sch. and all that and did you ask then about the nr of positions
iam sorry i thought they called you for an interview
why you didnt take the test again but ia m really hoping for everybody

mine was 80 but what they asked you in your interview and did they give you the calsses sch. and all that and did you ask then about the nr of positions
iam sorry i thought they called you for an interview
why you didnt take the test again but ia m really hoping for everybody

Yeah, I have not been called for an interview yet? I did not take again because I was busy with other things. I should have though.....

after a long wait .... i got a call from UDM for an interview...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

anyway i'm goign to NYUCD....:cool::cool::cool:

hi Huma, mommy of 2 ,drhonor .congrats ! can u guys please post yr scores and work experience?did they say how many people they are going to accept?thank you.

did you receive anything from udm?i called them and they said they haven't make a decision yet.so please if you receive anything just post it her so we know when they gonna start to call the students.
thank you

But I am not going. It seems they r desperate to fill their seats.

I got accepted too. But I am not going there. GOing to UIC.

The school is really nice. Just because of the three years program , i am not going there even i am in MI. One seat more for somebody else. It is really a nice school to go though. If it was two years program i would definitely go there compared to any school.

hi dentalbug
thank you for your seat.i got it.
i am so happy because i live in michigan and it has been long time for me because i have beem applying for 4 years and finally i got accepted.
i wish you the best in uic.

hi dentalbug
i am so happy because i live in michigan and it has been long time for me because i have beem applying for 4 years and finally i got accepted.
hi mommy of 2
congratulations......time to relax and enjoy.

thank you very much doc76
if somebody can help me withsome information about the loan.is better to apply fo private or federal loan and how i am going to do that.

congrtulations , mommy of 2.I m sure it must be feeling great to bne accepted. It wud be great if you cud share yr stats with us.thank you and good luck.

congrats for ur admission:thumbup::hardy::laugh::thumbup:, give real thanks to dental bug and also in SND thread dental bug and street night are contributing their supports to all the ppl. They are having real helping nature. AND also thanks to helping others in this SDN.
hi mommy of2 plz post ur status,so that it can help others who all are trying...........
hi dentalbug

Congrats too mommy for2... and also i accept with crazydentit word that dental bug and str.nit the way they r helping is amazing.... hi both do your helps to all every moments...
congrats for ur admission:thumbup::hardy::laugh::thumbup:, give real thanks to dental bug and also in SND thread dental bug and street night are contributing their supports to all the ppl. They are having real helping nature. AND also thanks to helping others in this SDN.
hi mommy of2 plz post ur status,so that it can help others who all are trying...........

Hello,

I got accepted on Thursday. Received phone call from director.

My stats:

Part 1: 87(new pattern)
Part 2: 80
Toefl iBT: 105
Detroit Test of English Language Proficiency: 85
Volunteer Dental Assistant in USA: 5 months
Dental Assistant in USA: 3 months
Post-graduate residency in Poland: 1yr.
Work experience in Poland: 5 months

Graduated from Polish government University in 2003.
congratulations.......what is detroit test of english proficiency....do everyone applying to the school need to take that?

i am more than happy to share my status.
part1/87
gpa2.9
detroit test of english/80
toefl/92
and i wish the best for everybody because its diffrent feeling when you got acceptance . i used to read the acceptance thread everyday and cry and i wish one day i will be in this thread .just pray and god will bring it in the time he want.because i have been applying for 4 years and i almost forgot being a dentist because i was thinking only about my kids . i am so happy because i am more confident and now i look at my self in a diffrent way not only as a mom but as a mom and a future dentist.
best wishes for all of you.and thank you very much to sdn

Hello,

I was interviewed on Tuesday and got accepted 2 days later, on Thursday morning. Received acceptance phone call from Director of Dental Admissions.

My stats:

Part 1: 87(new pattern)
Part 2: 80
Toefl iBT: 105
Detroit Test of English Language Proficiency: 85
Volunteer Dental Assistant in USA: 5 months
Dental Assistant in USA: 3 months
Post-graduate residency in Poland: 1yr.
Work experience in Poland: 5 months
Marital status: Married

Graduated from Polish government University in Cracow, in 2003.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am so happy for you:clap::clap::clap:
it's party time!!!!!!
i hope you'll have great time in Detroit:)

Got accepted.......recieved a call late evening yesterday........congrats to makdr, dent81, mommy of 2, jagielonski........hope to see u guys soon.......best of luck to all.....Guys this school is hidden gem dont miss it....:laugh::laugh::clap::banana::banana::banana::banana:. Finally my time for some banana dance

Hello Guys,
I Got accepted. I recieved a call this moning........congrats to makdr, dent81, mommy of 2, jagielonski,punjaby........hope to see u guys soon.......best of luck to all.....Finallly time to enjoy..:D :D but have only 1 week to prepare all the things and kind of little worried...anyways good luck to all........:thumbup:

many congratulations to punjaby and doc 2006.great news.
can u guys pls share yr stats?thank you.

hi friends,
i got admission in udm.classes start may 19.
after a long wait finally it comes.congrats to all who got admission.
if there is any indian female looking for roommate please pm me.
good luck to all who are waiting.

Congratulation for your addmision!which was the due date? and which are the requirements for this program?I can-t find any information about this programm.
Thanks

hi,the application deadline was dec 1 st.more the part 1 score u have u will have better chance. u need to call to get application packet. not much info online. toefl ibt 100. or take detroit english test and get 80 on it. very good school new everything.goodluck

congratulations to those who got accepted.it wud be great if you could please share your stats/ scores with us,
how many people are they accepting in all.thanks.

NORMALLY THEY ACCEPTY VERY FEW 2-3 FTD'S BUT THIS YEAR THEY HAD EXPANDED THEIR BUILDING SO THEY ARE ACCEPTING MORE THIS YEAR..THIS UNI. ACCEPTS ONLY US RESIDENTS /CITIZENS.

congratulations to those who got accepted.it wud be great if you could please share your stats/ scores with us,
how many people are they accepting in all.thanks.