University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I got the call at about 1 pm est. Yes, I was on the waitlist.
My undergrad GPA (B.A. in chem) was a pitiful 3.185. My graduate GPA (MS in biomed sciences) was 3.89. My DAT scores are AA20 TS21 bio21 GC20 OC21 RC21 PA 21 math18(I was having a panic attack while taking this portion, I'm honestly surprised I did this well)

Reactions: 2 users
My undergrad GPA (B.A. in chem) was a pitiful 3.185. My graduate GPA (MS in biomed sciences) was 3.89. My DAT scores are AA20 TS21 bio21 GC20 OC21 RC21 PA 21 math18(I was having a panic attack while taking this portion, I'm honestly surprised I did this well)
did you send any letters of interest/intent?

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you interview?

Got off the waitlist earlier today but I am gonna decline it, goodluck everyone

@BuQeyeBruhz is right, once you have an interview, they deem you academically capable of going to dental school. The interview is just their way of seeing if you would be a good match with the way they run their school. Nova is the same way.
@ahgase7 No, I got accepted to Nova on decision day, so I didn't feel the need to send any letters of intent.
@pearlywhites_77 I was in the first round of interviews. I believe that was in September.

Reactions: 1 users
Today is Feb 16th
Hoping they call a few from the WL

Does anyone on this group have any direct information from any admissions person regarding waitlist, deadlines or just about any valid and current information

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call from dr. Chang! Accepted!!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats
Very much appreciate if you can help
Anyone on our group with above or any other suggestions

Congratulations 🎉
Do you mind sharing your stats?
IS or OOS ?
Are you accepting the offer?
Hi! Im Oos. 3.76gpa and 20aa. I had my interview in October and was waitlisted on dec. 15. I did not send them a letter but i sent them some updates!
yea im accepting the offer! Thank you

Does anyone know what to do with "the conditional acceptance background check" email? do we fill out the form or wait until we choose a school to attend ?
please help! I am so confused!

Does anyone know what to do with "the conditional acceptance background check" email? do we fill out the form or wait until we choose a school to attend ?
What conditional acceptance background check?

I was sent a request to fill out the background check when I was accepted to my first school. I believe once you get your first acceptance you are required to fill it out and it probably works for all schools! So you fill it out once

Hello,

I have a quick question. Does Dr. Chang call from an anonymous number or a visible one? Also, does he normally leave a voicemail if no one responds?

thank you!

Hello,

I have a quick question. Does Dr. Chang call from an anonymous number or a visible one? Also, does he normally leave a voicemail if no one responds?

thank you!
517 area code (he said Lansing) and yes he will leave a voicemail

Reactions: 1 user
They sent out an email this morning. I feel like that email was only sent out because they did not have as many people rejecting there seats as anticipated.

This is why I don't like when schools like mercy have a big waitlist (400 students). It leaves those that have not recieved an acceptance on edge all day. Schools should do a better job updating the applicants. Such as possibly having a ranked waitlist or letting us know how many seats are still available and how many people are on the waitlist via their online portal. Its unfortunate that we are in 2021 and still can't figure out how many seats are available in a class.

They’ve called people off the waitlist the last 2 Fridays. It sounds like people don’t want to WAIT for their call on a WAITlist. There are many students only holding a seat until they get a call from another school and will give up their seat to this school and then more calls will be made. Seat deposits are due today for those who got the first calls off the waitlist. So expect more calls to be made on this upcoming Friday.
seems like they only called 1 or 2 people

You’re not going to expect it when you get the call. So stay off SDN and just wait.

Reactions: 1 users
They sent out an email this morning. I feel like that email was only sent out because they did not have as many people rejecting there seats as anticipated.

This is why I don't like when schools like mercy have a big waitlist (400 students). It leaves those that have not recieved an acceptance on edge all day. Schools should do a better job updating the applicants. Such as possibly having a ranked waitlist or letting us know how many seats are still available and how many people are on the waitlist via their online portal. Its unfortunate that we are in 2021 and still can't figure out how many seats are available in a class.
What did the email say that made you think not many people are rejecting their seats?

Hi, I got accepted into Detroit in December. A week after my acceptance, I got a DUI. I am extremely scared this might affect my acceptance. I finished my background check last week of December and even though it still was not going to be on my record I made sure to self-submitted this information to be completely transparent with the school. Since this is still a pending case there isn't much more I can inform the school more than I already have in the background check. I have made two deposits for my down payment so far and no one has contacted me about this so far. Would this mean that they will still accept me since it has been over two months since I completed my background check?

Hi, I got accepted into Detroit in December. A week after my acceptance, I got a DUI. I am extremely scared this might affect my acceptance. I finished my background check last week of December and even though it still was not going to be on my record I made sure to self-submitted this information to be completely transparent with the school. Since this is still a pending case there isn't much more I can inform the school more than I already have in the background check. I have made two deposits for my down payment so far and no one has contacted me about this so far. Would this mean that they will still accept me since it has been over two months since I completed my background check?
They’re going to most likely rescind your acceptance to be honest. Why would you be that careless...

Did you get confirmation email about deposits? Did you get confirmation email that you cleared your background check?

get in contact with someone at the school, only they can tell you. I believe you can call and talk to them im not sure or email danielle harris.

get in contact with someone at the school, only they can tell you. I believe you can call and talk to them im not sure or email danielle harris.
Ya, I am waiting to contact them because my case is most likely going to be dropped to reckless driving. My lawyer also recommended not to do that because it is a pending case. I am just hoping that since they have had access to my file and they saw the background check they might not revoke my acceptance.

I hope you come up from under that case. That sounds brutal, but if you included it in the background check, they may have leniency.

Thanks, I appreciate the support. Most likely my case is getting dropped to a reckless driving charge which is far better.

SDN lurkers, waiting is hard we all know that. Spending time to figure out the algorithm for your acceptance is pointless. As someone who is also on the waitlist, I’ve come to a few realizations:
1. The stress I put into thinking about the possibilities won’t make my acceptance come faster.
2. Waiting will make me appreciate the day that I get accepted more than if I got accepted in December
3. Not getting accepted immediately will not change the fact that I want to be a dentist

Did you get confirmation email about deposits? Did you get confirmation email that you cleared your background check?
Yes, I got the confirmation for both my deposits. Yes, I also received confirmation that I cleared the background check the first week of January.

They’re going to most likely rescind your acceptance to be honest. Why would you be that careless...
It was a completely careless mistake on my part I could not agree more. I was completely transparent on my part and I am most likely going to get the DUI charge dropped as well. The case is still pending so I am hoping they will show me some liency.

It was a completely careless mistake on my part I could not agree more. I was completely transparent on my part and I am most likely going to get the DUI charge dropped as well. The case is still pending so I am hoping they will show me some liency.
i went to the traffic court once for a speeding ticket and saw one of the judges being very kind to the guy who got DUI. the judge in each case can make a huge difference. I think it would help it if you could explain to them why the DUI charge could affect your future. best of luck!

What did the email say that made you think not many people are rejecting their seats?
The email asked if we still want to stay on the waitlist. It’s the second time they sent that email this month.

I’ll be giving away my seat. Hope one of you gets it :)

Good luck .. -and Thanks !!
Where you going to ?