University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Congrats ! If you don't mind me asking, when did you get placed on the waitlist ? was your interview before or after December 15th ?
Thank you! I was placed on the waitlist Dec 16th and my interview was before December 15th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an acceptance call yesterday at 10:45 a.m from Dr. Chang. I had an October interview and was waitlisted in December!

Stats: 3.7 Undergrad GPA, 19 DAT, sent a letter of intent in January

Reactions: 1 user
I just turn down my seat. I hope someone here can have it. Goodluck everyone. Dont lose your hope

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is what Ms. Harris told me: "As this time, we are still accepting applicants off the waitlist as seats become available. This will continue to happen until the start of class in June."
ohhh mybad, I was under the impression it was August, thanks for clarifying. Also did you end up calling them and asking about the number of students currently on the wait list ?

ohhh mybad, I was under the impression it was August, thanks for clarifying. Also did you end up calling them and asking about the number of students currently on the wait list ?
It is august, you guys are both confused lmao

I called them , but they said we don't have an answer to that!!!

So classes start august but class is filled by June 100% and if ur lucky maybe 1 or 2 people drop due to last minute changes. But if you don’t here back by June. I suggest getting ready for another cycle. I’m here with y’all it sucks but it is what it is

What happens if (you are on the waitlist and) they call (to offer you a seat) and you don't pick up? I am concerned about that because I get a lot of spam calls and random calls that I may not pick up or return if they do not leave me a voicemail. If someone can just confirm that they leave a voicemail or email the offer too, and do not just cease to consider you once you have not picked up, that would be great please as I am so anxious these days.

This school is my last shred of hope to get in this cycle and I feel like I do not have it in me to apply next cycle or do a masters that I am not actually interested in just for the sake of the application. I also genuinely want to go here. But maybe it is for the best if it does not work out. Just sharing all of this because if anyone else has been feeling despair, you are not alone. Anyway, I am hanging on to hope for now and I hope you all hear good news as well.

Also does anyone have recommendations for re-applying? Should I call and see what schools did not like about my application? Should I update the things I wrote in ADEA or keep it mostly the same and add more (I wish I had more to add I would not dread reapplying as much :/ )?
They will email and leave a voicemail for sure! no school will just not consider you any longer just because you didn't answer just does not seem logical.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed in December, was waitlisted, and got accepted in May.
Would anyone like to connect before class starts in August?

So I’m on the waitlist and still haven’t received a phone call. I got a 20 AA TS 21
Here’s my breakdown:
Bio 19
Gchem 20
Orgo 30
PAT 16
Reading 16
Math 15

should I retake? Or should I reapply with this score? What do you guys think ?

So I’m on the waitlist and still haven’t received a phone call. I got a 20 AA TS 21
Here’s my breakdown:
Bio 19
Gchem 20
Orgo 30
PAT 16
Reading 16
Math 15

Are you an in-state applicant?

Here’s my breakdown:
Bio 19
Gchem 20
Orgo 30
PAT 16
Reading 16
Math 15

I would retake if you have the time, it should be easier cause you've already gone through the material. I think it'd be good to aim for at least above 17 on all sections.

Last edited: