University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

has anyone gotten a rejection email?
anyone getting in from November interview date?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone from CST gets a call? As I remember from the post-interview session, they said they would call until 7:00 pm CST today and they will continue calling tomorrow.

Accepted 2 hrs ago. Detroit. Been at this 3 years. finally made it. You can all do it!!

Reactions: 1 user
anyone from CST gets a call? As I remember from the post-interview session, they said they would call until 7:00 pm CST today and they will continue calling tomorrow.
i think they said 7 pm Their time zone which is eastern

Anyone from Ontario still waiting? :(
(Gpa: 3.94, DAT: 22 Casper 3rd quartile .... don't know what I did wrong)

Did anyone who interviewed in October get the call? I am getting so nervous now.
Was interviewed on the 9th...still haven't gotten anything.

Wondering if anyone has received a waitlist or rejection notification yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Losing hope....Does Dr. Chang usually call a lot of applicants on the 2nd day?

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone tried getting in contact with the admissions to see if they have sent out all the calls today?

Got an acceptance call at 2:20pm EST!

Interviewed 9/11
IS
GPA (science, overall): 3.39, 3.51 with a heavy upward trend
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/21/ No
Applied June 1st

Congrats to all of those who got a call and good luck to those waiting! I'm a reapplicant so I know it can be so difficult to wait, but it will be well worth it in the end. You got this!

Has anyone received waitlist or rejection emails yet? I am not sure if they are still making some last calls tomorrow, but I would hope they could update us on that tomorrow at least.

It seems no one has rejection? so most of others would go on waitlist so nothing is wrong just the initial volume which will get down once some\most of them would go to other (better) school and some may withdraw as they will get also post Dec interviews. many schools are behind this season including NYU so I do not think there is any reason to really worry. just relax and enjoy.

I do see few with multiple offers already so if anyone wants to note number of school they have offer from?

I predict there will be another wave of acceptances after january 5 since that is the deadline for a deposit

Waitlisted by email 12/2 at 7 am pst.

I heard there are three types of list you can be put in, a alternate list, waitlist and both alternate/waitlist. Is this correct and if so the people that got waitlisted are you on the alternate list as well.

I heard there are three types of list you can be put in, a alternate list, waitlist and both alternate/waitlist. Is this correct and if so the people that got waitlisted are you on the alternate list as well.
I got an email saying alternate/waitlist but i assumed it just was all one list so can anyone comfirm if theires just said waitlist

It is one and the same thing. It would be a standard email to every one here. I have not just seen a single person in this group that got rejected so how hey have noted in email that they maintain small list of alternate\wait list candidate - just wondering how small it would be?. If you look at previous stats they give over 500 offers to fill up 144 seats. Currently they may have offered half of it. so the volume at this university of candidate moving to other university is huge. As soon as January comes you will notice this as not only some of accepted but you may also withdraw yourself as you would get into school of your choice...........

I woke up to a waitlisted email and status on AADSAS. Pretty disappointed because I feel like I didn’t hear of any movement on the waitlist last year.

It is one and the same thing. It would be a standard email to every one here. I have not just seen a single person in this group that got rejected so how hey have noted in email that they maintain small list of alternate\wait list candidate - just wondering how small it would be?. If you look at previous stats they give over 500 offers to fill up 144 seats. Currently they may have offered half of it. so the volume at this university of candidate moving to other university is huge. As soon as January comes you will notice this as not only some of accepted but you may also withdraw yourself as you would get into school of your choice...........
How do you know they have offered only half of acceptances so far?

How do you know they have offered only half of acceptances so far?
half in the sense they have offered half of 500 so 250 offered right now and less than 100 will actually accept and move to other places.........

half in the sense they have offered half of 500 so 250 offered right now and less than 100 will actually accept and move to other places.........
As they noted in the email too that all highly qualified get accepted in first place so they have equal amount of chance at other place so have multiple offers. I already see people at Truouro, Indiana and NYU also here so I would obviously expect them to chose other ones......highly qualified does not mean GPA only

I gave up my post-Dec interview with UDM since I got accepted to my state school! Good luck everyone!

If we want to send a letter of intent who should we send it to?
If you are on waitlist then do not otherwise try as they mentioned in the email they do not want you to contact or do anything otherwise they will decide based on who drops out and where are they from to maintain balance

anybody know if waitlisted applicants get told of their acceptance starting this month or is it after Jan 1st once the first batch that have received acceptances state whether or not they will commit to the program?

If you are on waitlist then do not otherwise try as they mentioned in the email they do not want you to contact or do anything otherwise they will decide based on who drops out and where are they from to maintain balance
I can not find any mention in the email I received that says they do not wish to be contacted by waitlisted candidates.

Does anyone who interviewed on Dec 4th have an updated status on the ADEA portal?

Does anyone who interviewed on Dec 4th have an updated status on the ADEA portal?
It wont change until you get offer unless they waitlist automatically? those who were offered can deny their seat to move on to university of their choice to clear some waitlist then it can move

It wont change until you get offer unless they waitlist automatically? those who were offered can deny their seat to move on to university of their choice to clear some waitlist then it can move
Oh I thought your status changes to "Waitlisted" or something similar when UDM waitlists applicants. Does yours still say Invited for Interview?

Oh I thought your status changes to "Waitlisted" or something similar when UDM waitlists applicants. Does yours still say Invited for Interview?
it is waitlisted how about you if you interviewed post December 1 you will be same too?

I interviewed on Dec 4th as well. My portal says "Wait Listed" & I received the waitlist email yesterday 12/10/2021.

On another note, does anyone know if it's possible to get rejected after interview?

I interviewed on Dec 4th as well. My portal says "Wait Listed" & I received the waitlist email yesterday 12/10/2021.

On another note, does anyone know if it's possible to get rejected after interview?
yes, it is possible. I know someone who got denied after an interview.

I think very rarely they would reject someone after interview they just keep most people on waitlist so they can either wait or withdraw themselves. I do not think school has anything to lose from not rejecting anyone so they would wait till they fill all seats as they know many will not accept offers too for multiple reasons............