University of Detroit Mercy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nbdehelp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any news from UDM?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a letter saying they received my caapid application. I tried calling but it was in vain. No one ever answers the phone.
We are only a month and 1/2 from the beggining of the program and they're still reviewing applications..???

Members don't see this ad :)
I have got the same kind of letter last week.I called them but couldn't get through.

I got a letter saying they received my caapid application. I tried calling but it was in vain. No one ever answers the phone.
We are only a month and 1/2 from the beggining of the program and they're still reviewing applications..???

did u apply this year???????? or they r still reviewing the last year applicants ????????

Good luck :)

I also got a letter from UDM. Any idea about this dental school compare to another! How many seats?
Thanks

Opening available for foreign trained dentist to work as a dental assistant in michigan.Please contact Dr.Baig 248-755-5700.

anyone receives interview invite?

Called them up yesterday and dey said they are in middle of review process and will soon send out invites via telephonic call! Hope ds helps

Did anyone get I/V call? Or any update....

I know the wait is just bringing in more anxiety.Lets all just stay positive and hang in there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I got an interview call from UDM. But I have no idea about the interview. Can anybody please throw some light on it? The interview, what they ask/ what they expect etc. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I got an interview call from UDM. But I have no idea about the interview. Can anybody please throw some light on it? The interview, what they ask/ what they expect etc. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Congrats for i/v call. Can you share your stats.... And did they send you e mail?

Congrats to those who got iv calls.

Got the interview call this morning. Interview set for this coming Monday. GPA 3.1 sGPA 3.3 DAT: 21 AA, 21 TS, 21 PAT.

Hey Friends ,
Congrats to all who got interviews . Can you share ur visa status. Wanted to know whether UDM gives interview to only green card holders or they do take visa status (as F-1 , H-4 etc)

Hi Pandu, I heard at least no bench test this year yet. If you got iv you have a very good chance this year. Mind I ask what is your stat?

Anyone who got an invite from UDM...Wish them all the goodluck...I am a 2nd year international dental student at UDM... went thru all this last year..so can totally understand your apprehensions..Message me if u need any advice..Meanwhile I am also looking for a female roommate for a well furnished apartment that i have in Southfield area..its one of the nicest areas where most of the students live..So plz contact me if u need to rent an apartment when u guys get to your acceptances..

How many students is UDM taking this year.Are they still sending out iv calls.

Anyone who got an invite from UDM...Wish them all the goodluck...I am a 2nd year international dental student at UDM... went thru all this last year..so can totally understand your apprehensions..Message me if u need any advice..Meanwhile I am also looking for a female roommate for a well furnished apartment that i have in Southfield area..its one of the nicest areas where most of the students live..So plz contact me if u need to rent an apartment when u guys get to your acceptances..

HIII DANTUN,

i got a question . i actually got an interview call on 6th aprail for UDM ..they wanted me to take the english exam on 24 th march in the campus.. but i couldnt make it coz i had to go to florida for NSU dental school interview.i explained my situation to them.... now i keep on calling them if they can reschedule my interview ...my stats are ...nbde part 1 _ 90 ,gpa 3.5 tofl, 100..i have green card too... sooo what r my chances to get an interview call again this year ....plzzzz i reaallyy dont want to miss this opportunity !!!!! :(
:scared:

thanx a lotttttt:)

hi gurbani,
all u could do now is to keep calling them to set up an interview..ur stats and everything els luks gud..but they call only very few people for interviews and they usually take who they call for interviews..so u shudnt have probably rejected their interview call in first place..anyway gudluk to you... hope u make it to ur wished school this year

hi gurbani,
all u could do now is to keep calling them to set up an interview..ur stats and everything els luks gud..but they call only very few people for interviews and they usually take who they call for interviews..so u shudnt have probably rejected their interview call in first place..anyway gudluk to you... hope u make it to ur wished school this year

thanx alot dantum !!! i have been trying ,n keeping my fingers crossed . thanxxxx

Hi gurbani, they r done w their interviews send out the acceptance. Good luck.

does UDM accepts international applicants? i could not find it on their site.. and if so.. how many seats?

yes they do accept international students.....it is a seat based program. All u need is Green card or GC under process. they are done with this year of interviews and have already accepted students. Usually they have 6-8 seats.Hope it helps.

does UDM accepts international applicants? i could not find it on their site.. and if so.. how many seats?

Did any one hear from UDM? No clue with what is going on there. Any idea, please post.

I applied in Dec and got an acknowledgement via email stating that "they are still up in the air about the proposed changes to the program" today, Jan 17th.

I applied in Dec and got an acknowledgement via email stating that "they are still up in the air about the proposed changes to the program" today, Jan 17th.

When did you hear from them, today? Is the admissions on rolling basis? I applied around the same time I think.

hi friends,
i was in the same boat last year.fortuantely i am a part of UDM now,
just a quick advise to people waiting for UDM be patient, as they are not done w regular students yet, they usually starts internationals in late march or early april.and not review application until march. be in touch w them for updates.

hi friends,
i was in the same boat last year.fortuantely i am a part of UDM now,
just a quick advise to people waiting for UDM be patient, as they are not done w regular students yet, they usually starts internationals in late march or early april.and not review application until march. be in touch w them for updates.

Hi nbdehelp! Thank you so much for the info but what's happening is whenever I try to call them, it always reaches their voice mail n i never hear from them again.. Can you tell me a way to contact them? Does an email work out?

yes email works too..and try a diff no may be.

Is there any thing new from UDM? i called them but they keep saying nothing new.. please update here!!

I called the school and they said there is no longer international program!!

Why would they want us to send the applications if there is no program. That's fraud.

I know!! it's literally a fraud!! I applied and paid the $75 application fee ( $150 with the cappid fee) and have been waiting to hear from them for so long and now they are saying there is no more an international program!!

If there is no misunderstanding this is a quite serious issue....

If they opened up applications and are not offering the program anymore they'll have to reimburse those that applied, that's the least they could do.

If they opened up applications and are not offering the program anymore they'll have to reimburse those that applied, that's the least they could do.

I feel so frustrated, they kept saying they are making changes to the program and its going to be a 2 year program instead of 3 until recently they said they canceled it!! and they will send letters to applicants with explanations..they might send a refund but she didn't mension that in the phone call!

Yes. They cant ask us for an application fee for a program that doesn't exist. Plus the hopes that we had on the school. Its very unprofessional of the school.

Hello!! Needed a piece of advice 4m u.........I got an interview call from UDM. Could u provide me with any info on what actually is asked on d of interview. It has 2 sessions MMI and Bench exam......is all I knw.......Looking forward to ur reply thanks!!

Hello!! Needed a piece of advice 4m u.........I got an interview call from UDM. Could u provide me with any info on what actually is asked on d of interview. It has 2 sessions MMI and Bench exam......is all I knw.......Looking forward to ur reply thanks!!

hi...........have u completed sm post graduate course.................from US as they are considering only those candidates.