University of Florida 2009-2010 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tinkerbell22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a new thread for those of us who are applying to UF COP this year. I know I have a lot of questions as I am getting closer to finishing my application, so I figured it would be easier to make a separate topic.

Members don't see this ad.

First time poster here on this forum. Found this forum while looking for volunteer opportunities and loved it immediately.

Anyway, a 2009 UF microbiology graduate here. PCAT composite percentile of 97 with a 3.00 GPA but little experience and extracurricular activities. I still can't ballpark what my chances are in getting in but I am definitely optimistic.

Hopefully, UF-COP still does what it did last year. Namely, interviewing 350 candidates and accepting 300 of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
gdo0001... I messaged you earlier regarding the WAMC thread = ) So if UF interviews 350 people that means you have a pretty good chance of getting accepted if you get an invite? I heard that they chose about 150 for the Gainseville campus, and about 50-60 for the distance sites. Do you think there are more opportunities for research and to get involved in school activities at the Gainesville campus? I'm from south Florida so I'm trying to figure out how to rank the campuses on the form that we fill out after submitting our PharmCAS.

I don't really have a preference because I basically just want to get accepted somewhere, but I do plan on joining a pharmacy committee and getting involved in research if I get in so I'm trying to make an educated decision :)

When do you plan on submitting your application to PharmCAS? I know it makes a difference for Nova, but it doesn't seem like UF has a rolling admission if they don't start intweviewing until January?

Has anyone received an interview invite yet?

Tinker,

You can join any campus and be involved. We pretty much have the same associations for every campus. As for research, you can join any distance campus for your first year but then would be transferred your 2nd year to Gainesville to begin you PharmD/PhD curriculum.

And yes, you have ~ >97% chance of acceptance if you get an interview. For waitlist it was ~50%.

so I have an interview lined up at the gainesville campus for the college of pharmacy. This is my first graduate level interview, I have no idea what to expect ... Any pointers?

so I have an interview lined up at the gainesville campus for the college of pharmacy. This is my first graduate level interview, I have no idea what to expect ... Any pointers?

When is your interview?

Last edited:
I would definitely be confident, judging by the statistics given above - getting an interview means they clearly see the potential you have

Last edited:
I esubmitted my application to pharmCAS on Feb. 1; it was mailed on Feb. 22; and I got an interview invitation today (Feb. 24) at the Orlando campus on March 19. They sure don't waste any time getting back to you.

I'm a little nervous for the interview because I've never really had one. I had to answer a few questions to get my job but it wasn't a formal interview. Any pointers on how to prepare?

That is great, I also applied to UF but I think this year I won't make it in, but still let's see what happens.

For BPB congratulations. My advice... the best way to prepare if you can is to video tape yourself,or at least record your voice and answer as many questions as you can about yourself. The trick is to answer them as fast and coherent as you can. This will put some pressure on you which will force you to think faster, and keep you calm. Also, you can watch your gestures...and correct them.

I did it once for a project, and it works perfect.
good luck:thumbup:

That is great, I also applied to UF but I think this year I won't make it in, but still let's see what happens.

For BPB congratulations. My advice... the best way to prepare if you can is to video tape yourself,or at least record your voice and answer as many questions as you can about yourself. The trick is to answer them as fast and coherent as you can. This will put some pressure on you which will force you to think faster, and keep you calm. Also, you can watch your gestures...and correct them.

I did it once for a project, and it works perfect.
good luck:thumbup:

Where do you go to school at in Miami?

I esubmitted my application to pharmCAS on Feb. 1; it was mailed on Feb. 22; and I got an interview invitation today (Feb. 24) at the Orlando campus on March 19. They sure don't waste any time getting back to you.

I'm a little nervous for the interview because I've never really had one. I had to answer a few questions to get my job but it wasn't a formal interview. Any pointers on how to prepare?

Did they send you an email for the invitation?

Did they send you an email for the invitation?

Yes, Penny Fultz from the Office of Student Affairs sent me an email inviting me to the interview, and I just had to reply back with a "yes."

So I received an invitation to interview on 3/22. I was assigned to the St. Pete campus for my interview. Does that mean, if accepted, I will have to end up at the St. Pete location for 4 years? Is it possible to eventually end up back in Gainesville? I received my BS from UF and would LOVE to stay in Gainesville, but an acceptance to any one of the their distance locations is completely fine with me. Go gators!!

No, there is a petition to switch campus that you can in fact use now to ask for Gainsville if you have a strong enough reason. I believe they allow you to petition to switch to any campus you want every year also, so you can do it after P1.

Also, I'll see you at the Orlando campus on 3/19, PBP! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

I can't believe the interview is only a little over two weeks away now. I am interviewing in Orlando on 3-19 with a few of you! I am excited but nervous. :luck: It seems like getting an interview is a good sign.

Jackie

I can't believe the interview is only a little over two weeks away now. I am interviewing in Orlando on 3-19 with a few of you! I am excited but nervous. :luck: It seems like getting an interview is a good sign.

Jackie

Good luck!

Anyone here interviewed this Wednesday? I was surprised at how smoothly it went. There's absolutely no reason to be nervous.

ya I was there, I wish I knew ahead of time that there was absolutely no reason to worry.

That laid back, huh?

Care to explain? :)

Sike... Interviewed and accepted!

Last edited: