University of Florida/Apopka Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmApp2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any Apopka people out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi my name is Christine. I am also in the 2012 UF Apoka class!!! Congrats to us!!! I have been searching for an apartment in the area and was wondering if you had any suggestions. I am looking for a one bedroom apartment. Any who I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the class.

Finally a reply! I has been like 2 month since I posted this. That is cool that you will be attending also. I have met a few people from our class since I was at the Q&A session last week. They said the closest places to live are Apopka, Ocoee, Winter Garden, and Altamonte Springs. I will be commuting from Casselberry, which is just past Altamonte Springs heading in the opposite direction. Where are you moving from?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, if you live in Apopka stay north of 441. Personally I would pick Altamonte over the rest because you can avoid tolls and it is a nice area. I am there now sitting at work! Only 2 more months of this...

I am originally from Sarasota but I went to UCF for my undergrad. I am thinking of Altamonte b/c it's close to civilization. lol. How was the Q n A? I planned for the July session.

It was mostly stuff that would have been useful 2 months ago (advise on getting the packet done). Other than that, I did get to meet more students in upper levels and students entering this year so that was helpful. They said that the Meningitis shot is not really necessary and there is a group (some heart association) that gives CPR classes that are good for 2 years. I already signed up with Red Cross though. Also, get a laser printer if you don't already have one, they said ink cartridges will run $100/month. When were you at UCF? I was an M&M major there from 2001-2005.

i was a biology major from 2004-2008. i really really wish we had free printing!!! see you around.

It was mostly stuff that would have been useful 2 months ago (advise on getting the packet done). Other than that, I did get to meet more students in upper levels and students entering this year so that was helpful. They said that the Meningitis shot is not really necessary and there is a group (some heart association) that gives CPR classes that are good for 2 years. I already signed up with Red Cross though. Also, get a laser printer if you don't already have one, they said ink cartridges will run $100/month. When were you at UCF? I was an M&M major there from 2001-2005.
I have a ink jet printer. Yes, the ink cartridges don't last very long. I had to replace my black cartridge everymonth and a half or so. The good news is you can have them refilled at Walgreens for 10 to 15 dollars. I would recommend getting a printer that can print double sided. You will be amazed at how much paper you will go through. I also like being able to print in color. Sometimes it really helps.

I have a color ink jet and just got a b/w laser printer. Hopefully I can do most in B/W and just use the color when I need it!