University of Florida - BAD NEWS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monteiroco

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In May 2008, due to significant budget reductions in the State of Florida and at the University of Florida, the decision was made to phase out the Two-Year Internationally-Educated Dentist Program (IEDP). The UF College of Dentistry will honor our commitment to students who are currently enrolled in the program or who are already accepted to begin the program in June 2008. These students will continue to be enrolled in the program. However we will not be accepting applications for future classes of the Two-Year IEDP Certificate Program for June 2009 or beyond.
Ending the IEDP certificate program was not an easy decision but it was a necessary one due to the severe restrictions on the University of Florida’s budget both this year and in the coming fiscal year. I am grateful to the many people who have dedicated their passion, time and energy to this educational program over the years and I know you have all made a difference in the dental profession in Florida.

Dr. Teresa Dolan, DDS, MPH
Dean, UF College of Dentistry

Members don't see this ad.

Ouch! I know a friend who just got in! He's so lucky.

I guess that the only "cheap" university program available just became unavailable, huh?