University of Florida C/O 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is my first time posting but I've been watching and learning from these forums. I just got an email from the college of pharmacy telling me that I have been conditionally accepted to the Gainesville campus. I was was so excited I just about cried. I look forward to interacting with those of you who will hopefully be in my UF COP class. Congratulations to all. :thumbup::D

(This does mean I'm accepted right?? Where are these assignments? Why does isis still not say anything about it?)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats everyone,

Conditional acceptance does mean you made it in, but you have to meet all conditions (ie. finish all Prereq, immunizations, paperwork, etc.).

The assignments are on lss.at.ufl.edu You might not be in the system to access these, so don't worry about it yet. Keep checking your emails and finish the paper work. If you just got your conditional acceptance, I'm sure they have a different due date then Aug 7th for these assignments.

Congrats 311fighters and Pharmdapp87! You two were really helpful around here, it would have been a shame for you to not be accepted!

I got my transfer from Jacksonville to Gainesville. Just email Dr. McKenzie explaining your situation. I would suspect it would have to be pretty convincing to get a switch this late in the game, though.

Good luck, and congratulations again!

Members don't see this ad :)
WOOOOOOOP!!! I GOT INTO UF ORLANDO CAMPUS!!!!:banana:

OMG!!! My nerves were racing as if I were the one who just got in! I am speechless, I just couldn't wait for you to get in Pharmdapp87!! You were so helpful to this forum that my getting in just would not be complete if you, too, did not make the cut. It's even better because you always wanted the Orlando campus!!! Great job Pharmdapp87!!!!!

GO
GATORS!!! :laugh:

Congrats to all the last minute additions!

Now get to work on the computer stuff. It takes longer than you think!

I am SOOOOO excited for you guys!!! I knew to come here and look when 2 new people were added to the Facebook group. Congratulations!!! :soexcited:
Can't wait to see you at orientation next month! good luck on all the assignments!!

Congrats to all the alts who got in!

I was hoping to join you but... oh, well. Best of luck :)
(so jealous)

I am speechless... :soexcited:

University of Florida College of Pharmacy (Orlando)
Class of 2013

Grats to all and see you around Pharmdapp87 :banana:

Anyone know if I can send the CPR certification separate from all the other paperwork? I can't get a class until Aug. 4th.:scared:

Anyone know if I can send the CPR certification separate from all the other paperwork? I can't get a class until Aug. 4th.:scared:

If that's the case I would contact Penny and explain the situation, I'm sure they will be understanding if you just got your conditional admit letter. Best of luck and congrats. I'll see you at the Orlando campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have nothing up. Argh.

So i may not be joining everyone at UF
I think i bombed my final in cal and I was having trouble in that class
I don't know what to do I really want to go to UF and now that may not happen sigh

So i may not be joining everyone at UF
I think i bombed my final in cal and I was having trouble in that class
I don't know what to do I really want to go to UF and now that may not happen sigh

Oh no, thats horrible. Whats the plan if worst comes to worst? All those other school you were accepted to requires Calulus too don't they? Be sure to talk to the Prof and see if he can do anything if you were close to passing...explain the situtation, I hope you are on good terms with him/her. Hope you are wrong and things goes smoothly.

Does anyone have any information about the Florida Board of Pharmacy meeting we can attend? I am not sure what we will be doing.. are we just observing a meeting? Also, does anyone know how long it usually lasts and what the attire is supposed to be?

Hey, congrats to all of you! If you have any questions, especially about the Jax campus then let me know. I'll be starting my second year there next month. I think you guys will be really happy with your choice, UF has an extremely good program. One of the best parts is being able to watch lectures on your computer. Even the Gainesville students eventually stop going to class! Anyway, good luck, and let me know if I can help with anything!

Hey, congrats to all of you! If you have any questions, especially about the Jax campus then let me know. I'll be starting my second year there next month. I think you guys will be really happy with your choice, UF has an extremely good program. One of the best parts is being able to watch lectures on your computer. Even the Gainesville students eventually stop going to class! Anyway, good luck, and let me know if I can help with anything!

So we just show up on lab and practium only???? That's strange. But hey I don't complain. How many days that P1 required to be in campus?

You'll be on campus about 2-4 times per week. Practicum doesn't really require much your first year, you basically do a few health screenings on your own time with your group.

However you do have weekly quizzes for PBD (your biggest class) along with presentations for that same class, and presentations for a different class, also an hour long weekly discussion for another class, and of course exams for every class. Basically the only thing thats online is the lectures.

There aren't too many labs first year either, but be prepared to do about 4 or 5 presentations, that speech pre-req actually comes in handy!

Does anyone have any information about the Florida Board of Pharmacy meeting we can attend? I am not sure what we will be doing.. are we just observing a meeting? Also, does anyone know how long it usually lasts and what the attire is supposed to be?

The stipulation for graduation is you must attend one meeting while a student. There are typically three to four per year and at different locations throughout the State. Pick the one closet to you. It doesn't matter. All you will be doing is observing an 8hr meeting. Most of it is disciplinary actions on pharmacies and pharmacists. It is very procedural, but some of the verbal lashings are priceless, i.e., South Florida pharmacy/pharmacists have applied and been denied for license for the past 8 years because they can't speak or read English fluently (the purveyors want a Spanish only pharmacy)...then a member of the Board (a stroke victim) unleashes a mangled vitriol on the importance of being understood "ker-ree" (clearly).

Anyway...you have to get credit for attendance. Therefore, make sure you wait until you are in pharmacy school and they will organize a field trip. Seating is limited and will be prioritized to those closet to graduation.

Attire is professional.

You'll be on campus about 2-4 times per week. Practicum doesn't really require much your first year, you basically do a few health screenings on your own time with your group.

However you do have weekly quizzes for PBD (your biggest class) along with presentations for that same class, and presentations for a different class, also an hour long weekly discussion for another class, and of course exams for every class. Basically the only thing thats online is the lectures.

There aren't too many labs first year either, but be prepared to do about 4 or 5 presentations, that speech pre-req actually comes in handy!
Do you need to buy textbooks? All the exams are from lectures?

1. How long does it take for your ISIS to be updated to say PharmD + Pharm Classes and elearning (lss.at.ufl.edu) to let you see the hw? I don't have access to either of those yet. Do they only give you access once your paperwork is in?

2. Also, when is the homework that I keep hearing about due? I would like to get started on it soon!

1. How long does it take for your ISIS to be updated to say PharmD + Pharm Classes and elearning (lss.at.ufl.edu) to let you see the hw? I don't have access to either of those yet. Do they only give you access once your paperwork is in?

2. Also, when is the homework that I keep hearing about due? I would like to get started on it soon!
You need to register your GatorID and password with your student ID first.

You need to register your GatorID and password with your student ID first.

But I am already at UF, do I still need to do that? How do I go about doing this?

Zrchrn, if you were accepted recently from the alternate list, your classes probably won't be registered yet and you will not be assigned to the College of Pharmacy yet. Just give it a bit, probably within the next two weeks before orientation. e-Learning assignments are due on the 7th but you will likely get an extension of a week or so (guess).

If you were accepted from the normal interviews, you may have a problem as classes have already been registered for the majority of students, and financial aid has been assigned.

Zrchrn, if you were accepted recently from the alternate list, your classes probably won't be registered yet and you will not be assigned to the College of Pharmacy yet. Just give it a bit, probably within the next two weeks before orientation. e-Learning assignments are due on the 7th but you will likely get an extension of a week or so (guess).

If you were accepted from the normal interviews, you may have a problem as classes have already been registered for the majority of students, and financial aid has been assigned.

Hmm.. I was accepted in March and attended UF during undergrad and my classes still aren't up... should I e-mail Penny or someone else?? Thanks

Check your holds on ISIS first, before asking. At this point, most likely reason why you're not registered is due to some hold rather than them forgetting you.

Hmm.. I was accepted in March and attended UF during undergrad and my classes still aren't up... should I e-mail Penny or someone else?? Thanks
Don't wait till the last minute. You need to check on ISIS to see if you are registered. Maybe you have holds because of immunization. If yes, you need to clear it. You have to finish the online orientation by Aug 7, though. There are a lot of things to do. You should call your campus coordinator and resolve it fast.

Don't wait till the last minute. You need to check on ISIS to see if you are registered. Maybe you have holds because of immunization. If yes, you need to clear it. You have to finish the online orientation by Aug 7, though. There are a lot of things to do. You should call your campus coordinator and resolve it fast.

Well, I am done with all of the online orientation, all immunizations, paperwork, etc. Only thing I'm waiting for is the darn classes to show up on ISIS, but yes, I e-mailed someone about it, hopefully it will be resolved quick. Does anyone know who exactly handles registration or who to e-mail about it (in case I e-mailed the wrong person). Thanks

Well, I am done with all of the online orientation, all immunizations, paperwork, etc. Only thing I'm waiting for is the darn classes to show up on ISIS, but yes, I e-mailed someone about it, hopefully it will be resolved quick. Does anyone know who exactly handles registration or who to e-mail about it (in case I e-mailed the wrong person). Thanks

Jax = Melissa Hanbery, [email protected]
Orl = Tracy Stuck, [email protected]
Stp = Kristi James, [email protected]
Gnv = Sarah Carswell, [email protected]

As annoyed as I was about getting the itouch, this thing is pretty nifty. Now it will also serve as our clickers in class? Sweet!

Im about 75% done all the computer stuff. Once my business video gets approved I can move forward with loading it and what not.

Be sure to check ISIS under "File status" to see any holds you may have.

Ok, I have information! If you were just accepted on to the alternate list, you will/should be fully registered by this friday. :thumbup:

However if you were accepted before alt. list then I'd recommend checking for holds etc. This can be done on ISIS. If there are any, clear them up before trying to do anything. If you have no holds, then I'd try to get to the bottom of it. Quick!

Got it figured out... I had a hold a few days ago (emergency contact information) and quickly updated it, and so I didn't have any holds for the last few days, but apparently they tried registering me before I cleared the hold and that's why I hadn't been registered. Thanks for the info. guys.

My college/major though is still my undergrad. one, should I worry about that?

Got it figured out... I had a hold a few days ago (emergency contact information) and quickly updated it, and so I didn't have any holds for the last few days, but apparently they tried registering me before I cleared the hold and that's why I hadn't been registered. Thanks for the info. guys.

My college/major though is still my undergrad. one, should I worry about that?

Yes, you should worry. In fact, I don't think you should sleep until it is resolved :p.

In all seriousness, if they still haven't added your classes, then they probably haven't gotten around to fixing your major either. But if they have added your classes I'd wait till after this Friday to tell them. As long as you are registered for classes you'll be ok I think, but it'd be good to have that fixed soon.

They took out my previous major, and now I just have blanks, and while I had some financial aid before, almost all of it is now gone. I'm not sure what is up with that, but I'm waiting till a few days after they register me to kick up a fuss about that. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Oh no, thats horrible. Whats the plan if worst comes to worst? All those other school you were accepted to requires Calulus too don't they? Be sure to talk to the Prof and see if he can do anything if you were close to passing...explain the situtation, I hope you are on good terms with him/her. Hope you are wrong and things goes smoothly.

I passed thank god
see you all at orientation

I passed thank god
see you all at orientation

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! I told ya you would fine! See you at Orientation... or better yet... when do you get back up to gville?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! I told ya you would fine! See you at Orientation... or better yet... when do you get back up to gville?

Not a hundred percent sure
I was thinking about the 16th
I can't wait
when are u leaving for Orlando?

Thanks
I will probably be there on the 16th
what about you when are u leaving for orlando?

Anyone attending the Orlando Pharmacy Board meeting?

I am curious but I don't think I can get out of work

Last edited:

I am probably going on the 16th
what about you, when are u leaving for Orlando?

Anyone attending the Orlando Pharmacy Board meeting?

I'll be there on the 12th, are you attending?

For anyone attending don't forget to print the FBOP signin sheet and bring that with you so you can get credit for attending.

I'll be there on the 12th, are you attending?

For anyone attending don't forget to print the FBOP signin sheet and bring that with you so you can get credit for attending.

Me and some others I know at the Orlando campus will be there.

I'll be there also.. Are we supposed to be wearing suits?

As a Gator student, please READ critically. Please read YOUR GATOR EMAILS. An email is already sent by Dr. Doty on this issue. :)

As a Gator student, please READ critically. Please read YOUR GATOR EMAILS. An email is already sent by Dr. Doty on this issue. :)

I'm aware of the e-mail. It states that men need to wear a tie, just wondering if people will be wearing a full suit or just tie with dress shirt/khaki pants or something along those lines.