University of Florida C/O 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys. Speaking of dress code, are we required to wear professional attire for orientation? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

has anyones isis that has a bachelors updated with there loan info yet? I keep getting i have reached my credit limit... thanks.

has anyones isis that has a bachelors updated with there loan info yet? I keep getting i have reached my credit limit... thanks.

I haver a BS, I have loan info on ISIS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is up only for people that didn't go to UF for undergrad. I am on the same boat. Mine shows I have exceeded my hours. It should be changed by Tues from what Mike said.

Just think, ISIS will be the "HUB" for all of your financial aid, registration, and textbook information (among other things). Poor COP Office of Student Information Services! :p

Actually ISIS wasn't too bad for me the past few years, it'll just take time.

Heyy I know this is the c/o 2013 thread, and I am currently finishing my application for the 2009-2010 cycle, but since you guys have already been through the process maybe you can help! I'm really confused about the whole campus ranking form. I know that we have to rank the locations and state reasons for our top two choices, but do you think what we chose has an effect on our chance of admission? I like Gainesville Orlando and St Pete equally (I have less of a desire to live in Jacksonville for personal reasons), but I don't know what to do about the top 3? This sounds stupid, but what do people usually factor into their decision?

What are acceptable reasons to put on your form? My mom said to put "because my elderly grandparents live in North/Central Florida" but I feel like that isn't a valid reason. The cost of living in most of those places is extremely attractive compared to where I live now so I guess I chose use that? I know nothing about the distance campuses either. Are they similar to Gainesville? I want to be really involved in my school and education if I am accepted. I did my undergrad, and now I am doing my MBA in South Florida and there is NO college life here really. I have friends and family around the whole state, so I am most worried about just getting in somewhere!!! lol

Okay and here is another annoying question that is bothering me. UF states that they want "Analytical Geometry with Calculus" as a pre-req. but I went to a private college which only had "regular" Calculus I and Calculus II, which I took for the bachelor's degree. Is this the same thing? I really want to have my pre-reqs. done before the summer if I am offered acceptance beause I don't want to worry about whether I contract the H1N1 virus or something and can't finish the class. lol (joking, sort of)

[email protected] was amazingly helpful, but this was the only question that she didn't really answer for me and I can't find it on the website.

I have a lot more questions but I'm not going to harrass your thread! Maybe I should start a 2014 topic? haha

Heyy I know this is the c/o 2013 thread, and I am currently finishing my application for the 2009-2010 cycle, but since you guys have already been through the process maybe you can help! I'm really confused about the whole campus ranking form. I know that we have to rank the locations and state reasons for our top two choices, but do you think what we chose has an effect on our chance of admission? I like Gainesville Orlando and St Pete equally (I have less of a desire to live in Jacksonville for personal reasons), but I don't know what to do about the top 3? This sounds stupid, but what do people usually factor into their decision?

What are acceptable reasons to put on your form? My mom said to put "because my elderly grandparents live in North/Central Florida" but I feel like that isn't a valid reason. The cost of living in most of those places is extremely attractive compared to where I live now so I guess I chose use that? I know nothing about the distance campuses either. Are they similar to Gainesville? I want to be really involved in my school and education if I am accepted. I did my undergrad, and now I am doing my MBA in South Florida and there is NO college life here really. I have friends and family around the whole state, so I am most worried about just getting in somewhere!!! lol

Okay and here is another annoying question that is bothering me. UF states that they want "Analytical Geometry with Calculus" as a pre-req. but I went to a private college which only had "regular" Calculus I and Calculus II, which I took for the bachelor's degree. Is this the same thing? I really want to have my pre-reqs. done before the summer if I am offered acceptance beause I don't want to worry about whether I contract the H1N1 virus or something and can't finish the class. lol (joking, sort of)

[email protected] was amazingly helpful, but this was the only question that she didn't really answer for me and I can't find it on the website.

I have a lot more questions but I'm not going to harrass your thread! Maybe I should start a 2014 topic? haha

Yeah technically speaking you should start a new thread. I would put Gainesville as the top spot, there are 150 seats in Gville, and 50-60 in each of the distance campuses. So statistically speaking Gville MIGHT be better, though I also think a lot of people prefer the gville campus as you can sit in on the lectures etc. In any case you can transfer to any campus you want afterwards. If you don't care too much where you end up, then just list all of them in any order. Honestly as long as you have more than one campus listed, you'll be fine, this isn't the MOST important thing in the application if your not too worried about where you end up. As for reasons why you prefer one or the other, just be honest, if you don't prefer one over the other it would hurt to say that you like "this city" better but you don't have too much of a preference, cheaper of you etc.

I will give you this bit of unrequested advice, try to turn your application in by the end of Nov. early December at the latest. I think that will really help your chances of getting in as well as getting in to your preffered campus. (You might want to take a road trip to some of the distance campuses and the gainesville one to see which you like, it might come down to you liking the scenary in one place better, or it might just be that apartments are cheaper in one area compared to another.

As for the Calculus course, which College was this? Were there other types of Calculs offered? I took Calc. here at UF and there were basically two kinds. Survey of Calc. and Analytical Calc. and my guess is they wanted to clarify this. So you wouldn't have delt to much with triangles and optimizations etc. A quick test would be, if this was the same one taken by the Engineers and Math majors, your fine. Here is the survey of calc. site for UF and here is the Analytical Calc. site for UF check to see which one is closer to the course you took. If it's the first one, you might want to take a different course. I hope this helps. :thumbup:

Thank you for the advice! I was nervous about getting my application in early, because I know some people are saying they have already sent theirs, but that really clarifies things for me. November is not bad for me... I'm just waiting for my last LOR to come in, so hopefully I can send it in before the end of this month = )

I am going to check those links that you sent me asap and compare the course descriptions. I think I MIGHT be okay, but I'm not sure. I went to University of Miami so I know UF accepts a lot of our courses, but our numbering system is weirddd. All BS students must take MTH 111 and MTH 112 (Calculus I and II: integrals, derivatives, L Hopitals rule, etc, just regular calculus stuff)... BUT they also offer a MTH 110 which is for engineering majors. They won't let you take that class at all if you already have credit in MTH 111 though (which I did from AP in high school). I'm just hoping the two courses are equivalent = /

Thank you for the advice! I was nervous about getting my application in early, because I know some people are saying they have already sent theirs, but that really clarifies things for me. November is not bad for me... I'm just waiting for my last LOR to come in, so hopefully I can send it in before the end of this month = )

I am going to check those links that you sent me asap and compare the course descriptions. I think I MIGHT be okay, but I'm not sure. I went to University of Miami so I know UF accepts a lot of our courses, but our numbering system is weirddd. All BS students must take MTH 111 and MTH 112 (Calculus I and II: integrals, derivatives, L Hopitals rule, etc, just regular calculus stuff)... BUT they also offer a MTH 110 which is for engineering majors. They won't let you take that class at all if you already have credit in MTH 111 though (which I did from AP in high school). I'm just hoping the two courses are equivalent = /

http://www.math.miami.edu/undr/descriptions.htm
MTH 110: Analytic Geometry and Calculus I seems like the course you would need. If you've got the time (and money/financial aid!) you might want to try convincing them to let you into MTH 110. My experiance is that if you have a good enough reason they will bend the rules for you a little. More importantly you want to email someone at UF with that specific question.