University of Florida C/O 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you guys know when UoF starts looking at out of state students? I've been waiting for a long time, i've emailed 2 people and still no response.

Members don't see this ad.

i have heard several times that UF only considers your highest PCAT score. so don't worry about it. if by chance they do ask you about it, just have an honest answer- everyone has a bad day, you know?

thanks! I guess it's the fear that I may be so close to getting in and have stumbling block so close to the interview.

I officially completed my application on Jan 30th (the essay portion) in time to meet the deadline and haven't heard anything from the school yet. I ranked Gainesville and Orlando as my highest priorities but made sure to rank the other campuses as well. Do you think it's too late for me to hear anything from them? Should I keep waiting on bated breath or should I just accept the fact that I probably won't be hearing from them at all? Although I am out of state I am considered an in-state student due to the fact that my dad is a resident of Florida and has been for over 20 years. My stats are as follows:

overall gpa: 3.56
science gpa: 3.63
PCAT: 83 (v89, b91, rc45, qa87, c67, writing language 4.0, writing problem solving 3.0)
worked for rite aid for a month
active in many group organizations focused on service
3 letters of rec - pharmacist i worked for, nikki giovanni (poet and professor), organic chemistry teacher
In my opinion, I couldn't have written better essays if I tried. I spent so much time on the essays which is why my application was completed so late. Each of my essays was exactly 500 words and very well written. They answered the questions as well as gave a very accurate description of myself. My PharmCAS personal statement was also captivating and emphasized my desire to become a pharmacist.

What do you guys think? Don't be afraid to let my hopes down; I've already come to the conclusion that I won't be hearing anything from them. UF is my number one choice and I really want to go there but I guess I'll have to settle for something else possibly.

Last minute turn-ins have to wait it out. My friend turned hers in last minute as well and didnt get an invite until LATE. Like...May. It sucked for her and it will suck for you but if your stats are there (and they are!) dont lose faith!

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys know when UoF starts looking at out of state students? I've been waiting for a long time, i've emailed 2 people and still no response.

I'm right there with you. My application was completed in October. It's hard to wait and wait and wait. :luck:

Hm. I know that out of state students make up only 10% of the incoming class, but I would've assumed they'd view them with the rest. Apparently not :( Hopefully it won't be too much longer of a wait...

Speaking of waiting....has everyone who is attending the March 13th interview session in Orlando received follow-up information yet? I've heard a few people had, but I haven't...Considering that it's getting kind of close to the interview date...I'm just wondering whether the admissions office hates me for asking too many questions or if I'm just being paranoid...:scared:

By looking at the email addresses there are two out of state students interviewing this Friday with me. I believe one is from Yale.

.I received this email..
." Please plan to be on campus from 9a-11a. We look forward to meeting you.".

Last edited:
Hey guys. I am Tyler and a 1PD at the Orlando campus along with Ben. I will be one of the people answering questions and giving you guys a tour for the 3/13 and the 4/24 interview. Feel free to ask me questions that day. Regarding places to live in Orlando, a few of my classmates are living in a place called Key Isle in the city of Ocoee. Orlando was my first choice and I love it. I hope you guys will like it too. I will see those people at the interview this Friday. The only advice I can give you is be calm. Ben is right! According to the past two years, once you have been given a chance to interview, your chances of being accepted is very high. See you then.

wow they are really selective about their out of state students.

hey guys i was admitted into the dental school at UF, im currently looking for a roommate preferably a female, if interested PM me, Thanks and goodluck!

I'm starting to get a little worried about this Friday as well.
I have an interview for the 13th in Orlando but that is all I know.
Everyone else that I have talked to received their additional information via email about a week before their actual interview but I haven't heard anything.

Should I try to email the coordinator?
But since it's spring break I don't know who all is going to be around to answer me....

I'm starting to get a little worried about this Friday as well.
I have an interview for the 13th in Orlando but that is all I know.
Everyone else that I have talked to received their additional information via email about a week before their actual interview but I haven't heard anything.

Should I try to email the coordinator?
But since it's spring break I don't know who all is going to be around to answer me....

I think you should try to call and if you don't get an answer try to email. I went to work in the lab yesterday and there were a lot of administrators there. It may be spring break but faculty and staff are still working.

yeah i agree that you should call/email...maybe for some reason your email didn't go through or got caught in junk mail or something. i was expecting to get something else in the mail but i haven't yet. it seems like all we know is we are to be there from 9-11am so you can't go wrong with that, right?

oh and thanks tyler for writing- it's awesome to know there will be first year students there to answer questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called this morning, and she just got back to me about my interview time. I would suggest calling them.

407-884-2034 x159

After the call, I received my e-mail. So call just to be sure!

For out-state and international students, be patient and wait for second wave of interview (very few for the first wave). Overall, they only choose few out-state and internatioanl students (if I am not wrong, it is around 8-10% of 300 = 24-30 people). However, in order to get an interview letter, your stats have to be high. I remembered last year, for out-state and international studetns, average science GPAs have to be 3.9 and up and PCAT scores have to be 90% and up. Dont give up hopes, I am an international student also. I only applied to 2 schools last year which were Nova and UF. I got into UF in the second waves last year [my stats were science GPA 4.0, 91% PCAT, 3 months volunteer services in hospital, finished A.A degree by the time, no lab experience, no research experience) . [One thing about out-state and international students, once you get interview letter, you are "almost" there to Gator nation]

For those asking me about living, I am sorry that I didn't go to the forum for a while. Honestly, I don't have experience much because I live with my relatives in Orlando. Tyler can help you to answer those questions. Feel free to ask us any questions.

Good luck everyone

Ben, thank you for your feedback. I actually chose Orlando as my second choice. What is your overall experience at UF? When I went to Jacksonville, students let it be known that there was a lot of work involved (2nd year students), but overall, they were happy. What do you know now, you did not know going in? Peek in the mind of a first time applicant :laugh:. Good luck this first year (you'll soon have your long white coat).

Lol... Thank you. You seem to know a lot about UF. My overall experience is "satisfaction". It is a very difficult program, and professors expect highly in us. However, it is a good thing because we learn a lot. I hope that we are prepared for future. One of the best things that I learn from UF is time management. Even though I thought that I prepared well with my experience in undergrad, when I went to UF, it was another story. The sooner you catch up with time managment, the lesser stress, which is common in pharmacy schools, you will experience. I love my campus because we know each others' faces (only 50-60 people each class), and I am able to build up a lot of good relatonships with friends (1PD, 2PD, or even 3 PD) and professors. Congrats for being accepted!

Does anyone know what room # and building # we are supposed to meet for the interview on 3/13? I also received the email with the times, but no other info. If nobody responds to this post I will just call them. Good luck everyone! Try to shake off the nerves best you can! Go Gators!

Does anyone know what room # and building # we are supposed to meet for the interview on 3/13? I also received the email with the times, but no other info. If nobody responds to this post I will just call them. Good luck everyone! Try to shake off the nerves best you can! Go Gators!

It will depend....But normally, they will interview you in either room 183 A or 183. You will wait in room 185. While waiting, you will meet first, second, and third year students. You will have oportunities to ask them plenty of questions regarding their experience in studying, living, handling stress, favorite professors, working, etc....

For the building, just ask anyone, they will tell you where it is. There are only 2 buildings.

Good luck

I'm interviewing @ the St. Petersburg campus.
Is there a possibility I could be transferred to the Gainesville campus (if accepted)
I am interested in the PharmD/PhD program.

any thoughts?

Reading through the Student/Faculty handbook, if you apply and are accepted to the PharmD/PhD program while you are at one of the distance campuses you will be transferred to the Gainesville campus. Until that happens, though, I believe you'd remain at St. Pete.

I'm not sure if this is too early, but has anyone received any letters for the March 6 interviews or when will they most likely be mailed?

I would just like to wish everyone that has an interview tomorrow at the Orlando campus (including me) the best of luck! I hope everything goes extremely well for all of you!

Woohoo! Go Gators!

whew! it's over. that wasn't so bad. they make you feel very comfortable and i loved having the P1s there to answer questions.

I know I'm glad its over! What a great place though, Dr. St Onge was such a nice lady and the interview was easy, only 10 min. All the students there were great and made me feel welcome, what a great atmosphere, overall I can't wait to get the decision, when did they say it will be sent 1-2 weeks right?

I'm not sure if this is too early, but has anyone received any letters for the March 6 interviews or when will they most likely be mailed?

I have yet to hear anything and it's killing me. I thought they said they would be sending them out at the beginning of the week. No news is good news right?..........

yeah i think they said 1 or 2 weeks! so those of you at the march 6th interview, i am sure it's coming soon!:luck:

I have yet to hear anything and it's killing me. I thought they said they would be sending them out at the beginning of the week. No news is good news right?..........

Thank you. I've been checking the mail all week in the hope that it was sent out based on what Dr.McKenzie said on that day. Hopefully, they will be mailed by next week...I just don't like the waiting.

I know I'm glad its over! What a great place though, Dr. St Onge was such a nice lady and the interview was easy, only 10 min. All the students there were great and made me feel welcome, what a great atmosphere, overall I can't wait to get the decision, when did they say it will be sent 1-2 weeks right?

It was great to see you guys at the interview. From my experience, it will take two weeks to get an answer and most likely it will be on a Saturday (it depends where you live) so March 28. That's also the day our white coat ceremony is held. The waiting game sucks but good luck!

it took penny 3 weeks to respond just to tell me to not ask about my status. :/

geez lol

well let us know when you guys DO hear something!!

for the out-of-state students who browse this thread or those of you who know out-of-state students and know some of their stats. could you all share your stats so we can kind of gauge where we are in the app process?

please state::

current location: virginia
current university: virginia tech
pharmCAS application submission: 12.11.08
supplemental application submission: 1.30.09
overall gpa: 3.56
science/math gpa: 3.63
PCAT: 83 (v89, b91, rc45, qa87, c67, writing language 4.0, writing problem solving 3.0)

anything else that might make you stand out in your application:
member of numerous groups focused on community service, worked at rite aid pharmacy for one month

also does anyone know how many out-of-staters already received word from the school?

Thank you kindly

There is hope

Reading through the Student/Faculty handbook, if you apply and are accepted to the PharmD/PhD program while you are at one of the distance campuses you will be transferred to the Gainesville campus. Until that happens, though, I believe you'd remain at St. Pete.

It was great to see you guys at the interview. From my experience, it will take two weeks to get an answer and most likely it will be on a Saturday (it depends where you live) so March 28. That's also the day our white coat ceremony is held. The waiting game sucks but good luck!

It was great seeing you all as well, and thank you for answering all our questions. Everyone seemed so happy and charismatic about the school which really gave me good vibes. I bet you can't wait for the white coat ceremony, what an honor, soak it up you guys earned it. I can't seem to concentrate on this orgo I keep thinking about that decision letter!:laugh: The waiting game does suck...

I just received my acceptance letter. I was at the March 6th interview at the Gainesville campus. Good luck everybody.

wow looks like they mailed out the letters around a week later...!

I just received my acceptance letter. I was at the March 6th interview at the Gainesville campus. Good luck everybody.

Congrats!!! I am (impatiently) waiting on a letter and was wondering if you could tell where you live? Are you in the Gainesville area? Thank you!

I got my acceptance today! I live in Gainesville, but it got sent to my home. I was going crazy yesterday when I heard that those in Gainesville got there's and I didn't, but I got it today so I'm absolutely pumped!

I just got my acceptance to UF's College of Pharmacy main campus!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats you guys!!! Good job. I can't imagine how exciting that must be.

DarlingNikki maybe your invite will be in the next wave of interviews!!:luck:

Received my letter today. Hope everyone receives theirs before Saturday!

It's sad, but I had a dream that they contacted me for an interview. :p

I had two dreams last night. the first one, I was already apart of their pharmacy school, and the second I was at the interview.