University of Florida C/O 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all!!!
I wonder if anyone recieve result from UF about March 13th Interview yet? :confused: Good luck all!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all!!!
I wonder if anyone recieve result from UF about March 13th Interview yet? :confused: Good luck all!!!

I'd give it a week and a half before you find out, judging by how long it took for the previous interviews.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviews are very casual and can go long as the conversation will carry it. Most typically are around 10, although personally I pushed it past that a bit.

I see you got accepted to the Jacksonville campus. Congrats ! I just got an interview for April 10th and I live in Jax. Any advice to do good?

Okay, so what happens if you interview and DON'T get in? Instead of a packet through certified mail do they just send a regular letter saying you are not accepted? Or does UF have a waiting list like other schools that they might put you on? Anybody know?

Making my specific appointment time for my interview for Jax campus April 3rd. 5 days after my 26th birthday! Wow, time flies. :thumbup:

PS: Does this mean that after years of solid avoidance I have to join facebook? :idea:

PS: Does this mean that after years of solid avoidance I have to join facebook? :idea:

I know what you mean, I find those things to be such a waste of time! I'm already addicted enough as it is with SDN :rolleyes:

I applied to this school like 6 months ago and haven't heaard a thing from them. So far I have had 4 interview invitations, declined one, got waitlisted, and accepted to the other two (Notre Dame and UM in baltimore). I was hoping to get some sort of response but I don;t think I have the specs to get in. But UMB is a school that is even ranked with them.

I applied to this school like 6 months ago and haven't heaard a thing from them. So far I have had 4 interview invitations, declined one, got waitlisted, and accepted to the other two (Notre Dame and UM in baltimore). I was hoping to get some sort of response but I don;t think I have the specs to get in. But UMB is a school that is even ranked with them.

Well there is still time...UF seems to kind of do things a little later than most schools. There are interviews in April and May coming up, so who knows? Which of your 2 accepted schools are you leaning towards attending?

oh and YES you guys have to join Facebook!! It's aaaweesome.:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, no, you don't NEED to! But UF students are heavy FB users (so much so, it is banned on certain campus computers). So that is an avenue of communication you would be missing out on. I would open an account just to have it available.

As for how long it takes for UF to respond, don't lose hope! A friend of mine got accepted from the wait list two weeks before school started, after he moved to Georgia to attend Mercer.

Last edited:
As for how long it takes for UF to respond, don't lose hope! A friend of mine got accepted from the wait list two weeks before school started, after he moved to Georgia to attend Mercer.

wow. did he stay in georgia or end up moving back to FL?

I can't stop fidgeting. Has anyone from 3/13 interviews heard back yet?:scared:

Ooo. Congrats! I'll have to check my mail again once I get back from class :confused:

...nope, not today :(

Last edited:
WHOA BABY! I got in! I got my packet today and died seeing how many papers there are to fill out.

Go Gators!

Yay!!! I also got my packet today too ^^___^^. Congrats on everyone who gets accepted. See you in Orlando

yea!! i just got my packet- regular mail in Orlando. see you guys in august!!! :soexcited:

Congratulations, I knew you guys would get accepted!

just received an invitation for the april 3rd interview on the gainesville campus.

My stats:

UF undergrad
3.3 PharmCAS GPA
95 composite PCAT
applied a few days before the deadline

Wish me luck!

Got my packet. Took around 2 weeks for those of you who are waiting.

By the way, does anyone know if they accept AP credit? I passed an AP test with a score of 4 in Calculus from high school. Thanks!

Got my packet. Took around 2 weeks for those of you who are waiting.

By the way, does anyone know if they accept AP credit? I passed an AP test with a score of 4 in Calculus from high school. Thanks!

From UF's website:

"We do accept AP/IB credits for
pre-professional courses, but there is no grade value assigned for those courses, so they cannot be factored into
the GPA."

:soexcited:I got my packet, woohoo!! See you all in Apopka this fall!! GO Gators!!:D:D:D

Last edited:
I got my packet! :soexcited: I'm so excited and cannot wait to meet the rest of you going to the Orlando Campus! :) Good Luck to everyone still interviewing!

yea!! congrats guys! if you are going to be in Orlando, be sure to join the FB group- we are going to set up a time to go through CPR training together in Orlando!!

Got my package from UF today too! Was at the March 13th interview in Orlando! Can't wait to meet everyone. CONGRATS to all!!!:thumbup: Goodluck to those still waiting!:luck:

Congrats to all of you accepted or getting interviews at UF. I'm a 1pd at the Orlando campus this year. I know last year I had a million questions and this process is really stressful! If you want to ask me anything I'll try to sign on here and there and check things out.

Congrats to all of you accepted or getting interviews at UF. I'm a 1pd at the Orlando campus this year. I know last year I had a million questions and this process is really stressful! If you want to ask me anything I'll try to sign on here and there and check things out.

yes i have a question about CPR certification! do we need a certain kind (pre-healthcare) certification or just the basic "heartsaver" CPR or whatever? it didn't specify in the instructions that it had to be a certain kind but i would hate to waste time having to do it twice...!

Interview invite for the University of Florida, Gainesville campus April 3rd!

Interview invite for NOVA April 13th!

Hard work and patience pay off in the end! Don't give up hope!

Last edited:
does anyone know when we will be assigned an ID number? I need it for those requirements like the background check..... thanks guys

does anyone know when we will be assigned an ID number? I need it for those requirements like the background check..... thanks guys

i had that same question- i thought i didn't have one, but then i went to the UF page where you can look up your UFID with your SSN, and it gave me mine. i think you are assigned one when you fill out that application for UF general admission. so try that, if no luck give them a call!

http://www.it.ufl.edu/ufid/

Thank you, the website gave me a number. Brilliant, that was really helpful. Thanks!!!

Yeah I was wondering if we can do it online, that would be awesome!
Where do you even get certified for pediatric and adult CPR?

i went on the American Heart Association website and searched for CPR classes in my area. This company called Sylvester Consultants is doing it for a group of us in Orlando for a discount. You should see if you could find something like that in your area!

Nope, can't do it online.

American Red Cross and American Heart Association offer it. I believe your local fire station may also.

Has anyone heard a response from the March 20th interview yet? I'm so anxious

Got my packet today!! UF St Pete, can't wait to meet everybody!! :biglove:

Got my packet today!! UF St Pete, can't wait to meet everybody!! :biglove:
Congrats! I hope to join you! My dad and I are both out of town til tomorrow night. I want to check the mail so bad right now haha.

I'm currently a first-year student at Orlando campus-class 2012. So far, base on my experience, UF pharmacy "screens" their applicants very carefully. If you get an interview letter, that means you have a strong point (GPA, PCAT, or extraactivities, etc..)

Good luck very one and hope to see you guys soon :thumbup:,

Ben is right! According to the past two years, once you have been given a chance to interview, your chances of being accepted is very high. See you then.

They must be right because hardly anyone here who interviewed at UF seemed to have gotten a rejection. Is there anyone who interviewed and was denied acceptance or waitlisted (if that exist at UF)? It shows, that everything was scrutinized before the interview was granted and they just want to know you.

Last edited:
They must be right because hardly anyone here who interviewed at UF seemed to have gotten an acceptance. Is there anyone who interviewed and was denied acceptance or waitlisted (if that exist at UF)? It shows, that everything was scrutinized before the interview was granted and they just want to know you.

Yeah, it's pretty much solid acceptance if you have an interview, however, I'm sure if you were on the alternate list your chances of being rejected are higher. They usually only interview 350 for 300 (maybe slightly more) applicants, and usually more than 300 get that accpetance letter (including the select few who turn UF down.

I'm in! I'll see you all in St. Pete!:soexcited: I interviewed March 20. The letter was dated March 26th for those interested. Good luck to the rest still waiting!