**University of Florida Class of 2011**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

James Moriarty

The Napoleon of Crime
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any future gators out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow I guess UF hasn't been giving out many acceptances...soon enough this thread will be rocking :thumbup:

Just wanted to say good luck to the newbies . . . I'm UF c/o 2007, so if I see you at all it will be as a resident when you get on the wards (I'm hoping to match in G-ville). Enjoy your last year in undergrad!

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like this thread is dying a slow death. anyone know how you can find housing info for g-ville?

I feel like this thread is dying a slow death. anyone know how you can find housing info for g-ville?

I'd be interested to know that also. Where is the "med school ghetto" area that is close by the school? I didn't go to UF undergrad so I know very little about the area.

Also, where is everyone that is going to UF? This thread needs to become a bit more active.

Its the area bounded by 16th Ave and 13th St, about a block away from Shands. There are a few apt complexes there that med students like to live at.

Meh, I didn't even know this thread existed. I had been lurking around the Pre-allo forum :rolleyes: C/O 2011 represent. Undergrad at UF.

People looking for places around Shands: I second the area around SW 13th St and SW 16th Ave. There are also some apartments around SW 16th Ave and Center Drive ('s extension), past the VA Hospital.

So, so far we have 4 C/O 2011 here? How many national championships do you say we win in the next 4 years? :D

Meh, I didn't even know this thread existed. I had been lurking around the Pre-allo forum :rolleyes: C/O 2011 represent. Undergrad at UF.

People looking for places around Shands: I second the area around SW 13th St and SW 16th Ave. There are also some apartments around SW 16th Ave and Center Drive ('s extension), past the VA Hospital.

So, so far we have 4 C/O 2011 here? How many national championships do you say we win in the next 4 years? :D
73. but seriously I can't wait to go to a school with a solid football and basketball team.

also do you know when the admissions office opens up the website for roomate matching?

73. but seriously I can't wait to go to a school with a solid football and basketball team.

also do you know when the admissions office opens up the website for roomate matching?

oh, i didn't even know they had a roommate matching system. that sounds pretty helpful. any current uf med students recommend specific apartment complexes? I know these things vary a lot based on landlords and how new or renovated the apartments are. I live in Philadelphia so I need to have some aim in mind when I do finally go to Gainesville to look for an apartment.

I'd be happy with 4 national championships between football and basketball. You know you can't expect to win them all.

ms1 at ufcom. msg with me questions if youve got em. g'luck all.

I got accepted to UFCOM c/o 2011, and went to UF undergrad. I bought a place in the "med student ghetto" area right behind the VA (about a 5 minute walk to campus). The place was a bit run down when we bought it, but my family and I gutted the place and now it has all new appliances, new carpet, tile, cabinet, fans, the whole nine yards. It is beautiful! Just after we finished I got accepted to my dream med school and I think I'm going to be moving. I read that you guys are looking for places, and this is truly an ideal location for UFCOM students..that's why I bought there. If you are interesting in knowing more, send me a message. It's pretty cheap considering the price of real estate in Gainesville and a ton of med stdents live in the complex. It's a two bed/1 bath.

As a side note, my boyfriend is a first year UFCOM and loves it. It's bitter sweet for me to give this up... but I'll be around and hopefully meet you all still! Congrats on getting in and deciding on UF!!

Has anyone got any information about second look weekends yet? or know when they are planning on them?

Has anyone got any information about second look weekends yet? or know when they are planning on them?

There hasn't been any info sent out on it yet but I emailed Robyn about it and she said that it is being planned for the weekend of April 28th/29th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Way to go night, hope to see all of you at the second look

Yeah, they sent out an email this past week saying the dates were April 27 and 28. This is the first time I've seen this thread. We need more people!

Hey all,
I'm finishing up my 2nd year of dental school at UF and am looking for a roommate in my 3bed 2bath house. Would love someone cool and liberal. the house is big, garage, blah blah blah.
if interseted, e-mail me for details.
[email protected]

Yeah, they sent out an email this past week saying the dates were April 27 and 28. This is the first time I've seen this thread. We need more people!

Thanks, yeah I just got back from break and got the email. Good stuff. I also agree we need more people here. Are most people here from UF undergrad or elsewhere?
I'm in Boston by the way.

^^well, we could start a nifty list. Let's see if that works. Undergrad in parenthesis.

UF C/O 2011
Heathen (UF)

^^well, we could start a nifty list. Let's see if that works. Undergrad in parenthesis.

UF C/O 2011
Heathen (UF)
Dr. Hannibal (Penn)

UF C/O 2011
Heathen (UF)
Dr. Hannibal (Penn)
Zerodegree (BU)

Has anyone recieved any further notice (other than the email) regarding the second look?

UF C/O 2011
Heathen (UF)
Dr. Hannibal (Penn)
Zerodegree (BU)
CubanDoc (FAU)

Brand new future gator here, trying to meet some future classmates

I got accepted today!!!!:eek: :eek:

Brand new future gator here, trying to meet some future classmates

I got accepted today!!!!:eek: :eek:

Congrats CubanDoc, that is awesome! ZeroDegree, I haven't gotten any additional info yet about second look weekend aside from the you will be getting additional info email. Hopefully we'll get it soon.

Congrads CubanDoc. see you at second look.

Only three more hours until Oden and OSU get pwned by UF for a second time. That should be fun. :D

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!! THAT WAS FREEAKING AWESOME!
best starting lineup (and richard as well) I've seen in a long time and probably will see too.
Damn now if only second look was this weekend...

Too bad you couldnt dance in the streets with us Zero. Go Gators!

hey guys!!! join the UF COM 2011 group on facebook!

Hey guys! Can't wait to meet some of you at second look! :oops:

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd join the party. I'm still trying to decide between UF and UM, and I'll be at the second look weekend.

Also, as a news tidbit, I think the UF financial aid committee meets next week, so hopefully we'll be receiving some good news in the form of scholarships soon! :luck:

haha good luck with scholarships...uf told me they dont have that many:(

Hey all..Just wanted to say hi, I will be in your class next year. :D Is everybody going to the second look even if you know you are going to UF for sure?

Hey all..Just wanted to say hi, I will be in your class next year. :D Is everybody going to the second look even if you know you are going to UF for sure?

I'm going to second look even though I know I'm going to UF. I don't really know the area that well so I figured it would be nice to see where the med students live and learn a little about the area. Also of course to meet the future classmates and maybe find some people interested in living together.

Oh ok, I didnt know if it was geared more towards people who were unsure, but I still want to go to meet future classmates. Just so you know, there is an area about 3 blocks from Shands/the medical school that is very convenient and many health students live there...its by 16th ave/13 street...

Beautiful Renovated Condo for Sale in Summit House
Incoming Student (Wed, Apr 11, 2007 @ 7:25pm) My family and I are selling an amazingly gorgeous 2 bed/ 1 bath condo in Summit House, which is located right behind the VA and at about a 6 minute walk from Shands. Tons of professional students live in the developments back there.

I was planning on living there next year, so we took the place out to the walls and put in all new carpet, tile, appliances, cabinets, light fixtures and fans, doors, window fixtures, I mean everything! My plans have changed in regards to medical school, so we are needing to sell the place.

Truly, if you want to live within walking distance of shands, this is a beautiful little place to look at. The master looks over the pool and it has never been lived in.

Call with interest or email me:

[email protected]

(904) 476-6344

Thanks!

Melanie

Just saying hi to my fellow gators

Hoping to see some of you this weekend.
By the way I'm definitely going to UF

How many of you were on second look???

Just trying to keep the thread alive :D

I was there.

Speaking of, has anyone received their financial aid awards yet? I think Eileen said she was mailing them this week...

I was there too. I thought the letter we sent in said that they would out the notices on May 7th. Maybe give her a call though, I definitely would like to know too ((352) 392-7800).

I spoke with her Tuesday, and she said she was mailing some awards out that day and hoped to have all of them out by Thursday (today)...just wondering if any of you guys who live in Gainesville received anything yet, but if you haven't gotten anything yet facewait, I suppose not!

interesting, Ill let you know when I get it then! SHOW ME THE MONEY! (Please)

I GOT MINE TODAY!!!!
living in South Florida for snail mail comparison.
I'm pretty happy with it ;)

Got mine yesterday! I was stunned to see how much they gave me, especially considering the low amount Miami gave and they are private, have a larger budget yada yada yada...

P.s. they mailed it to my permanent address

Yea for good news! I haven't received anything yet, but I'm in Tallahassee. Hopefully today...

Good luck Pirata.