General Admissions & OTCAS University of Florida OTD Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shanah

Reaction score
Hello,
I applied to OT school this summer and the University of Florida is my number one choice. I'm applying to 6 other schools as well, but I wanted to see what my chances are of getting into the program/how I compare to any previous or current OT students based on my stats. Any help would be great appreciated.

Majors: Psychology B.A. and Family and Human Development B.S. (Graduating from Arizona State University in May 2022)
Cumulative GPA: 3.82
Pre-req GPA: 3.50
Shadowing: 29 hours in pediatrics and 16 hours in hand therapy. Virtual class/obervation hour program through the University of Mississippi Medical Center that is worth 24 hours.
GRE: Quantitative: 143, Verbal: 144, Writing: 4.0
Experiences: Study abroad trip to Finland, undergraduate research assistant, notetaker for ASU disability services, have been a preschool teaching assistant for 3 years, worked as a food stand associate in high school, grew up with a sister with a disability, and service and fundraising benefitting the arthritis foundation through my sorority.
Extracurriculars: OT club member, sorority member (held a leadership position for a semester and served on multiple committees), activities chairman for fraternity and sorority life programming board, ASU student alumni association member, Greek review board

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I applied to OT school this summer and the University of Florida is my number one choice. I'm applying to 6 other schools as well, but I wanted to see what my chances are of getting into the program/how I compare to any previous or current OT students based on my stats. Any help would be great appreciated.

Majors: Psychology B.A. and Family and Human Development B.S. (Graduating from Arizona State University in May 2022)
Shadowing: 29 hours in pediatrics and 16 hours in hand therapy. Virtual class/obervation hour program through the University of Mississippi Medical Center that is worth 24 hours.
Experiences: Study abroad trip to Finland, undergraduate research assistant, notetaker for ASU disability services, have been a preschool teaching assistant for 3 years, worked as a food stand associate in high school, grew up with a sister with a disability, and service and fundraising benefitting the arthritis foundation through my sorority.
Extracurriculars: OT club member, sorority member (held a leadership position for a semester and served on multiple committees), activities chairman for fraternity and sorority life programming board, ASU student alumni association member, Greek review boardHave you heard anything?
Hello,

Extracurriculars: OT club member, sorority member (held a leadership position for a semester and served on multiple committees), activities chairman for fraternity and sorority life programming board, ASU student alumni association member, Greek review board
UF is my top choice too! Have you heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Was just rejected from UF - 3.8 GPA, 100 shadowing hours with 5 different types of OT, 1 major and a double minor, started my own nonprofit… honestly so confused on what else I could have done haha. Was accepted to BU though!

Was just rejected from UF - 3.8 GPA, 100 shadowing hours with 5 different types of OT, 1 major and a double minor, started my own nonprofit… honestly so confused on what else I could have done haha. Was accepted to BU though!
Their loss!

Their loss, I was rejected as well so I understand!

rejected from UF
3.14 GPA umich - undergrad
3.57 GPA Harvard - masters
2 grad certificates from Harvard
3.6 prereq GPA
1250 hours of shadowing
was a team leader with top successes in its history

Rejected from UF

Undergrad GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
Master of Arts in Teaching (Inclusive Early Childhood Education) GPA: 4.0

Work: 4 years teaching experience in an inclusive, need-based preschool classroom; worked alongside a school OT in my classroom

rejected from UF
3.14 GPA umich - undergrad
3.57 GPA Harvard - masters
2 grad certificates from Harvard
3.6 prereq GPA
1250 hours of shadowing
was a team leader with top successes in its history
I called UF because I just was so confused as to why I and so many others with such great stats were rejected. I’m not sure sure where you guys are from but they said they hardly accept anyone out of state

I called UF because I just was so confused as to why I and so many others with such great stats were rejected. I’m not sure sure where you guys are from but they said they hardly accept anyone out of state
I’m from Virginia and didn’t get in! Wbu?

I applied in state so I really don't know who they are looking for