University of Georgia c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

le_lo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a UGA thread yet, thought I would start one! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an interview invite for November 18-20. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview date for November 13th

No I don't think they even have early decision.
UGA does have early decision, if you apply by October 1st. I think they just started doing that recently. Having my interview tomorrow. Anyone else here got interview soon?

I have an interview for the 13th at 1:00 pm

I have an interview for Nov. 12th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an e-mail about anything as well?

I got my acceptance letter on Wed. I am about 6 hours away. I am deciding between UGA and VCU. Loved both schools so it will be a tough decision.

I got my acceptance letter on Wed. I am about 6 hours away. I am deciding between UGA and VCU. Loved both schools so it will be a tough decision.

I have the exact same problem... Which one are you leaning towards?

Submitted my PharmCAS application right on the deadline (Dec 1) and submitted the supplemental yesterday. I heard back from them today, inviting me for an interview! I'm really excited and nervous because UGA is my first choice.

Anyone else interviewing in January?

Same situation with me here. Even though I loved Georgia more than VCU campus, I think I would lean more towards VCU the medical campus setting - surrounded by other healthcare professionals in training and the hospital is next door.

Sent in my deposit yesterday, so VCU it is for me. Need to e-mail UGA this week. It was a tough decision, but I liked the medical campus setting.

Same situation with me here. Even though I loved Georgia more than VCU campus, I think I would lean more towards VCU the medical campus setting - surrounded by other healthcare professionals in training and the hospital is next door.

I originally was leaning towards Georgia while applying, but the medical campus setting of VCU is making it hard for me to decide.

Sent in my deposit yesterday, so VCU it is for me. Need to e-mail UGA this week. It was a tough decision, but I liked the medical campus setting.

I'm still waiting on my final acceptance letter from VCU as well as (hopefully) some in state interview invitations before I make my decision. Is UNC still your top choice?

Submitted my PharmCAS application right on the deadline (Dec 1) and submitted the supplemental yesterday. I heard back from them today, inviting me for an interview! I'm really excited and nervous because UGA is my first choice.

Anyone else interviewing in January?
January 13th!

I originally was leaning towards Georgia while applying, but the medical campus setting of VCU is making it hard for me to decide.

I'm still waiting on my final acceptance letter from VCU as well as (hopefully) some in state interview invitations before I make my decision. Is UNC still your top choice?

It is, but considering I have not received an interview invite from them yet and I sent everything in by 9/30/14 I am not expecting to get into UNC. I am happy with my decision and if I get into UNC, I will be saving a lot of money.

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can give an insight on how the interview day is? Thank you in advance :)

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can give an insight on how the interview day is? Thank you in advance :)

20 minute writing sample ---> Video explaining what you need to do before you matriculate ---> Tour led by students ---> Dr. Wolgang (and one other faculty member) interviews each interviewee individually while the other interviewees wait in the conference room where administrators and current students will come in to chat with students and answer questions.

Writing sample is a breeze (definitely not quantity based because I barely wrote 200 words). The interview is open file. I can't give you a better description of the interview since it's not fair to those who have already interviewed, but are waiting for the next round of acceptances. Overall, it was pretty laid back and Dr. Wolfgang is very nice so don't worry about being grilled about inadequacies in your application (I had a low GPA but that wasn't even mentioned. Instead, I was asked how I prepared and scored so high on the PCAT). Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
thank you so much. it does. I've met Dr. Wolfgang and Ms. Herda (went up there a few months ago to see how I could strengthen my application) and they're really the best people ever. Dr. Wolfgang is one of the reasons why I'm pushing for UGA so hard. I didn't think my stats were high enough to even be considered for an interview but he broke down my application and was very realistic but nice about it. *fingers crossed* just a few days away!

Has anyone from the January interviews heard back yet?

Dr. Wolfgang mentioned that a "small group" will be sent acceptances this week, while the bulk of acceptances is expected to be sent out by mid-March. I'm crossing my fingers hoping I hear a response soon!

Update: Just got my acceptance in the mail! Postmarked on January 30th. No emails are sent for acceptances, but I hear they do send emails for waitlisted or for people they're putting on hold to make a decision on.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Dr. Wolfgang mentioned that a "small group" will be sent acceptances this week, while the bulk of acceptances is expected to be sent out by mid-March. I'm crossing my fingers hoping I hear a response soon!

Update: Just got my acceptance in the mail! Postmarked on January 30th. No emails are sent for acceptances, but I hear they do send emails for waitlisted or for people they're putting on hold to make a decision on.

Good luck to everyone!
Congrats!!! How far do you live from Athens?

Congrats!!! How far do you live from Athens?
I actually live in Athens, but I would assume everyone who was accepted this round will receive their letter at least by the end of this week.

Last edited:
Do they send out all waitlist emails at once? I haven't received a letter in the mail or email yet.

I also received an email on March 6th. I haven't been pulled off the list yet either. Hopefully I will be soon *fingers crossed*

I'm hoping that means my mail is just slow. Good luck to you guys though!

Same to you! Maybe email Dr.Wolfgang directly to check on your status he'll be able to tell you your position on the waitlist. But hopefully there's a letter somewhere out there for you!

It appears I'm on the waitlist too, but the email never reached me. Ms. Herda said Dr. Wolfgang is out of the office till the middle of next week, so maybe people will start getting pulled off then.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to you guys! So glad people can still get in. I was wondering if anyone who got pulled from the waitlist be willing to share the position you were on it? And if you received an email or actual mail?

Email, official letter to be sent out by the end of this week. I was #3.

I got an email last week saying I was accepted and I was #25 the first time I asked Dr. Wolfgang.

Reactions: 1 user