University of Georgia school of pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taken2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know anything about University of Georgia college of pharmacy.
I want to know if they accept out of state applicants and how difficult it is to get into the school. I already turned in my on-line application but I will like to know more about the school before submitting the rest of the stuffs they want. I will appreciate any respond.Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

taken2 said:
Hello everyone,
I want to know if they accept out of state applicants and how difficult it is to get into the school. I already turned in my on-line application but I will like to know more about the school before submitting the rest of the stuffs they want. I will appreciate any respond.Thanks
u are wasting ur money..heard that school hardly accept there in-state student

taken2 said:
Hello everyone,

Hi - UGA rarely takes out of state applicants. Also, it is very competitive - you need really good GPA's and their average PCAT composite is in the 90's. I work with a UGA pharm grad and he said it's hard to even get an interview now unless you have a 4.0 and 75 PCAT composite, or some combination thereof (i.e. higher PCAT, slightly lower GPA).

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the average PCAT for last year's accepted class was like a 94. Extremely hard to get into!

Is it fair to say that the competiveness to get in parallels to the quality of the pharm school? Meaning do ya'll think the school is that good, or does it just have good applicants?

I'm sure it's good, I'm not sure where it technically ranks. Obviously it depends a lot on the competetiveness of the applicants too :)

rxlynn said:
Hi - UGA rarely takes out of state applicants. Also, it is very competitive - you need really good GPA's and their average PCAT composite is in the 90's. I work with a UGA pharm grad and he said it's hard to even get an interview now unless you have a 4.0 and 75 PCAT composite, or some combination thereof (i.e. higher PCAT, slightly lower GPA).

Are you serious! may be I should have saved my $55 bucks. Anyway no problems. I have a 3.7 GPA and I took the October PCAT, so I don't know what they are gonna do.
Thanks to everyone they responded :scared:

I don't think the school is all that great but it's the reputation of the university as a whole that makes it hard to get into. The stats for the incoming '05 class are GPA-3.7 and PCAT-93. Any of you that live in Georgia knows the UGA stigma. Plus, it'a a heck of a lot cheaper than Mercer..lol. I'm still going to apply there next year. BTW, have any of you actually been to Athens?? :smuggrin:

Yeah i go to athens whenever I go home from school. Wicked night life. Nice campus.

I was really surprised at their numbers. I don't think any other school has an AVERAGE of 90+ for the PCAT. Am I wrong? And to think it was my safety school! :laugh:

rxlynn said:

They do a strict number system; they take your PCAT score (obviously out of 100) and your GPA (multiplied by 25 to get the 100 factor). They then interview the top 200 scores & give you an interview score (again out of 100)... the top 125 scores are offered acceptance & the other 75 are put on a waiting list, in the same order... the waiting list is updated as you take more classes and retake the PCAT; everything you get to them by a certain date is put in & the waiting pool is re-ranked (not sure how often). I don't know how they factor in the out-of-state students; maybe they have a set % & those highest on the list are offered admission. I believe that's why their PCAT average is so high; by only looking at the numbers, you must have a great PCAT score to be competitive. I don't exactly agree with the process b/c I feel like they are only looking at paper scores/GPA; I don't feel like being a good all-around student carries enough weight with them, but I guess it's working for the program, so whatever.

starsweet said:
I was really surprised at their numbers. I don't think any other school has an AVERAGE of 90+ for the PCAT. Am I wrong? And to think it was my safety school! :laugh:

HAHA, me too, I am thinking I should have saved my stupid $55! I guess I'll wait to see my pcat score before I get too discouraged...