University of Hawai’i College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^lol

the only crime one would be committing in hawaii would be to wear sneakers and jeans there....

haha good because i have an ample supply of cargo shorts and my trusty Rainbow's

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, sorry to hijack this thread. I didn't get any responses in the pharmacy thread. Was hoping the locals can give me some suggestions of pharmacies to do rotations at in Honolulu area, preferably near Waikiki and UH.

Here's the thread. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=479977

Thanks in advance and good luck! =)

I don't mean that kind of safe...
But Hawaii college of Pharm was closed for a while... and its students were kicked off..

Is it accreditted already?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't mean that kind of safe...
But Hawaii college of Pharm was closed for a while... and its students were kicked off..

Is it accreditted already?

do some research between the differences between HICP and UH.

FYI They won't accept the faxed request....I did that and was told they would not accept it since it went to a different office. Your best bet for a quick reply is to fill it out, scan it, and attach it to an email (they will accept that) best luck of luck!

that is what I did, and I sent it within 20 min of getting the email from the office, but I still haven't heard back from them. Is it possible that they overlooked the email? When I called days ago they were no longer there =/

I picked 9th, 10th, and 11th, respectively

that is what I did, and I sent it within 20 min of getting the email from the office, but I still haven't heard back from them. Is it possible that they overlooked the email? When I called days ago they were no longer there =/

humm... They should have e-mailed you back by now. I just got the confirmation for the venue in LA a few days ago. They may send out more e-mails soon. Can you e-mail them again? Also check you "bulk" folder. Their email might have been sent to your "bulk" folder.

did anyone else receive a "matriculation agreement" from UH Hilo yet?

it says "The University of Hawai'i - Hilo College of Pharmacy (UHH-CoP) hereby offers to admit the undersigned as a Student ("Student)" in the 4 Year Pharm.D program as a candidate for the Pharm.D. degree, Class of 2012, commencing in August 2008......."

then later on it says to send a $500 dollar deposit to an address and then says "Deposits should be sent with the signed original copy of this matriculated Agreement and the payment voucher form included in this packet"

there's a form i have to fill out and sign w/ my name address etc....does this mean i'm accepted?? it doesn't even say anything like "Congratulations! You have been accepted to UH Hilo" etc...

i'm confused..if anyone else received this please enlighten me...

edit: i had my sister + brother in law read it and they said it means i got accepted...hooray for me!
(i just didn't want to get my hopes up when i first read it)

did anyone else receive a "matriculation agreement" from UH Hilo yet?

it says "The University of Hawai'i - Hilo College of Pharmacy (UHH-CoP) hereby offers to admit the undersigned as a Student ("Student)" in the 4 Year Pharm.D program as a candidate for the Pharm.D. degree, Class of 2012, commencing in August 2008......."

then later on it says to send a $500 dollar deposit to an address and then says "Deposits should be sent with the signed original copy of this matriculated Agreement and the payment voucher form included in this packet"

there's a form i have to fill out and sign w/ my name address etc....does this mean i'm accepted?? it doesn't even say anything like "Congratulations! You have been accepted to UH Hilo" etc...

i'm confused..if anyone else received this please enlighten me...

edit: i had my sister + brother in law read it and they said it means i got accepted...hooray for me!
(i just didn't want to get my hopes up when i first read it)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'd call to double check and to know how much time you have for that deposit ... and if it is refundable in case you accept another offer instead. If you get this info, could you share? Thank you! :)

it's a 500 dollar deposit due on january 18th but there is a 3 day refund period after the 18th.

also..i received the information forms etc before i received the acceptance letter (which i just received right now) that's why i was so confused haha. they forgot to add the information forms w/ my letter of acceptance that's why i have 2 sets of mail from them.

it's a 500 dollar deposit due on january 18th but there is a 3 day refund period after the 18th.

also..i received the information forms etc before i received the acceptance letter (which i just received right now) that's why i was so confused haha. they forgot to add the information forms w/ my letter of acceptance that's why i have 2 sets of mail from them.

They left the agreement out of everyone's who was accepted...that agreement and the papers are at my apartment...What do those papers say, by any chance?

Congratulation Beav@Hilo and nev12345 for the acceptance:love:...
My interview is approaching in six more days ..nervous:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invitation today!! I'm so excited! This is MY alma mater (within the same system anyway; I graduated UH-Manoa). YAY! :D

Anybody else get an interview invitation today?

i just got an interview invite today too!!!

can anyone tell me what to expect for the interview?
any help anyone could give me will be greatly appreciated!...thanks!

I got my interview invitation too from e-mail today, which I'm really excited about since UHH is my preferred backup. I figure if I can't get into UCSF, going to Hawai'i won't be a bad consolation price. :D

I received an interview invitation today!! I'm so excited! This is MY alma mater (within the same system anyway; I graduated UH-Manoa). YAY! :D

Anybody else get an interview invitation today?

I just got mine today via email too. I'll be attending the Vegas location.

In general, does anyone have confidence that this school can get full accreditation?

i just got an interview invite today too!!!

can anyone tell me what to expect for the interview?
any help anyone could give me will be greatly appreciated!...thanks!

You should read the interview section of sdn under U of Hawaii Hilo. There are only 4 reviews..

hope that helps

anyone know how many people they interview during each round of interviews? i think this is the third round of interviews they have e-mailed for.

P.S. Vegas = best idea for interviews. I think Los Angeles was picked this week because of CES and higher hotel/travel costs.

In general, does anyone have confidence that this school can get full accreditation?

I have full confidence that Hilo will become accredited. ;)

Anyone hear back after sending them the interview invite form?

Hello all!

I am currently in UH CoP's Class of 2011. I am looking forward to meeting next year's pharmacy students! Does anyone has any questions about UH CoP or Hilo in general? I'll do my best to answer your questions or concerns.

Good luck with your applications and interviews!

Hello all!

I am currently in UH CoP's Class of 2011. I am looking forward to meeting next year's pharmacy students! Does anyone has any questions about UH CoP or Hilo in general? I'll do my best to answer your questions or concerns.

Good luck with your applications and interviews!

My interview is in a couple of weeks and I'm very nervous. It's my first interview and also the school of my choice. I really want to get it and would appreciate any advice you have to offer.

Was there an essay you had to write at the interview (some schools have them)?

Do you like the program- which parts?
Thank you again!!!

Yaayyyy, I just checked my email and i got an interview invite. i am going to choose to go to vegas interview. YYeeahhh! :D

Me too!! Which date is your interview?

What is appropriate attire for the interview? I assume that it's professional, and I plan on wearing a suit, but just on the off chance I can get away with not wearing it, I'd appreciate it so I don't have to worry about sending it off for dry cleaning and getting it wrinkled on the flight from SF. :)

Yaayyyy, I just checked my email and i got an interview invite. i am going to choose to go to vegas interview. YYeeahhh! :D
congrats! thanks for all your hard work in maintaining the acceptance list! keep up the good work!

What is appropriate attire for the interview? I assume that it's professional, and I plan on wearing a suit, but just on the off chance I can get away with not wearing it, I'd appreciate it so I don't have to worry about sending it off for dry cleaning and getting it wrinkled on the flight from SF. :)

go suit or go home.

bring a good travel iron, i don't trust hotel ones.

and i'm debating wearing little happy faces on my tie at the interview...anyone think this is a horrid idea? i figure...i'm interviewing for pharmacy school, not JP Morgan Chase.

go suit or go home.

bring a good travel iron, i don't trust hotel ones.

and i'm debating wearing little happy faces on my tie at the interview...anyone think this is a horrid idea? i figure...i'm interviewing for pharmacy school, not JP Morgan Chase.

happy faces equals no bueno:p

hi, anyone invited for interview this sat jan/12th?
I tried to verify/confirm with the hotel about the meeting but they said there aren't any meeting with the UHH at all on such day. I am so worry

I tried to verify/confirm with the hotel about the meeting but they said there aren't any meeting with the UHH at all on such day. I am so worry

I have one tomorrow at LA, we'll see if I wasted my money or not :rolleyes:

Hmm. I still haven't received a reply after emailing the interview invite form back to UHH pharmacy. Anyone receive an interview date from the latest batch of interview invites?? It's been a couple days already.. I want to see if I have to head up to Hilo for the interview or if I can stay on O'ahu. :p

I also have an interview this Saturday (12th) at 8:45am. They sent me an email confirming the date and location.

I hope you're calling the correct hotel

they sent me an invite again...i've been accepted. what's going on !!

nerv12345 or anyone has been to the interview for UHH that not in the campus but on other location:
do you mind to tell me if there was any writing part at all on the interview, because I know the interview will be brief, 30 mins, I don';t know how we can have writing and interview done by 30 minutes

did anyone have the interview recently? (9th - 12th) - i had mine today. do you guys know how fast we will hear back from them? i forgot to ask

could you please tell me how long the entire interview take? b/c I am not sure if I should check out the hotel before or after the interview.

Usually around 45 minutes. I had mine today ( Jan-11 ) and it was pretty straightforward and easygoing. I posted the info under the Interview Feedback section. Hope it helps!:)

were you the asian girl outside on the phone?

asian girl outside on the phone? outside the room or the hotel? i was outside the hotel when i talked on the phone haha. how did your interview go, how long did it take to do yours?

mine was 30 min (i think exact)

waiting is no fun =/

Usually around 45 minutes. I had mine today ( Jan-11 ) and it was pretty straightforward and easygoing. I posted the info under the Interview Feedback section. Hope it helps!:)

thank you

Hmm. I still haven't received a reply after emailing the interview invite form back to UHH pharmacy. Anyone receive an interview date from the latest batch of interview invites?? It's been a couple days already.. I want to see if I have to head up to Hilo for the interview or if I can stay on O'ahu. :p

Hey koni.
I sent them back my preferences around jan 8th and still havent heard back from them as well. Hopefully we get something back soon, cuz i dont wanna find out my e-mail didnt go thru or something like that...

I had to change my preferences, but I had spoken to Dr. Fisher on Wednesday and he said that they were planning to let people know "by the end of this week," but I haven't heard anything. I'm hoping we find out soon b/c I need to make my plans to travel out!

some advice: use Southwest to book your FIRST choice date and book a hotel in advance. You get the best fares 14-21 days before departure, so lock them in now. They have a really liberal cancellation/rebook policy in that there are no charges (compare to $25 for Jetblue or up to $100 or so for AA and other airlines).

If you don't get your top choice date...well, at least you tried. Cancel that flight you booked, take the credit, and rebook your new flight. With 4 interview days, you have a 1 in 4 chance of getting it right. If you have money to burn, book two flights for your two top choices...and cancel as necessary, then use that credit for future interviews.

I was invited for an interview Feb 20-23. I may go to Vegas...I have an interview Friday in West Virginia...so much money being spent...I was put on the hold list for UACP...so...I don't know what's going to be going on in the near future for me. I'm 21 and already have been working at Walgreens' Pharmacy for 5½ years...if that doesn't get me in somewhere, I don't know what will.