University of Houston C/O 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

romaniangirl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay guys here we go! Good luck to everyone applying this year!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've submitted my app for ED and my stats are;

3.9 GPA
PCAT-99 composite
Volunteer Hours: Mostly tutoring (~75 hours total)
I've been a pharmacy tech with Walgreens for 1 year

Good Luck! I would love to see if anyone has received any interview offers yet!

Last edited:
wow ur in ... ur stats are good... am curious ..
How long did u study for pcat and what study guide or guides did u use ... am taking mine in october so i would like to score a high pcat score like urs ..thanks

I've submitted my app for ED and my stats are;

3.9 GPA
PCAT-99 composite
Volunteer Hours: Mostly tutoring (~75 hours total)
I've been a pharmacy tech with Walgreens for 1 year

Good Luck! I would love to see if anyone has received any interview offers yet!

Same to you. I received an interview offer for October 10th.

hey on your pharmcas supplemental material, does it have dates in the fourth column yet. I'm curious as to how long it takes for them to update that

I just used a pearson exam to gauge where I was and that's about it. I haven't taken most of the bio courses either but I remember a lot from high school.

Just took my PCAT today, so now my profile is complete
Doing early decision:
GPA: 3.56
PCAT: 98% composite
1/2 year experience pharm tech, 2 years laboratory technician, 1.5 years research assistant
tons of volunteering hours at animal shelter and red cross

i thought early decision intervews were septenber 28th so how come u guyd were giving a later date in october

Members don't see this ad :)
Just took my PCAT today, so now my profile is complete
Doing early decision:
GPA: 3.56
PCAT: 98% composite
1/2 year experience pharm tech, 2 years laboratory technician, 1.5 years research assistant
tons of volunteering hours at animal shelter and red cross

Hey how long did you study for your pcat (like how many hrs a week and how many months) ? and what study guide did you use ? Thanks

Hey how long did you study for your pcat (like how many hrs a week and how many months) ? and what study guide did you use ? Thanks
since end of may, 3 hrs a day max, used Dr. Collins primarily and Pearson Practice Tests

I'm applying too, but not ED. What do you guys think?

GPA: 3.52 with upward trend (4.0 last two semesters)
Pcat 91 composite
I don't have many ECs, like 50 non pharmacy volunteer hours and like 40 pharmacy volunteer hours.

Pcat 91 composite
I don't have many ECs, like 50 non pharmacy volunteer hours and like 40 pharmacy volunteer hours.
should be fine, your scores are competitive

Pcat 91 composite

How many hours a day did you study? and when did you start studying ? What study guide did you use ?

Pcat 91 composite

Yeah you have a really good shot. Your GPA is right around the average but your pcat is above average. Just do well on your interview and personal statement and you should be good to go!

Yeah you have a really good shot. Your GPA is right around the average but your pcat is above average. Just do well on your interview and personal statement and you should be good to go!

Hey where did u take most of your pre-reqs ? Do you have a degree?

How many hours a day did you study? and when did you start studying ? What study guide did you use ?

I took a Kaplan class. I honestly didn't really study much during that month, but afterward, I used the Kaplan study books for about 2 months anywhere from 1-3 hours a day

Hey where did u take most of your pre-reqs ? Do you have a degree?

I'm taking my prereqs at UH and I was planning to get a degree but it would take me one extra year so I decided against it. If I don't get in, then I'll finish up my BS in Biochemistry before I reapply. I'm a junior right now.

How do you guys think UH ranks compared to other Texas schools? I'm still trying to decide where I actually want to go

How do you guys think UH ranks compared to other Texas schools? I'm still trying to decide where I actually want to go

Well if you look at actual published rankings, then UTCOP is #4 in the nation, Tech is about 28, and UH and A&M are tied for 48. However, a lot of people choose UHCOP because they have a 100% job offer rate, 99+% passing on NAPLEX and MPJE, and is in the largest medical center of the world. Since your third year classes take place in the med center, a lot of times you have staff from the hospitals that come and give lectures. Plus, you are almost guaranteed APPE and IPPE rotations in the med center. While I think that UTCOP may have more resources in terms of financial assistance from the government, making it a higher ranked school, UHCOP also has its advantages.

Does anyone know UH's residency placement rate vs. UTCOP vs. Texas Tech vs. A&M?

Just got my interview offer for Oct 10 (a few hours after they verified that they have received my prelim PCAT scores)

Just got my interview offer for Oct 10 (a few hours after they verified that they have received my prelim PCAT scores)

How come you guys are getting interviews for october 10th and not september 28th , which is the interview date for early decision ?

How come you guys are getting interviews for october 10th and not september 28th , which is the interview date for early decision ?
  • Does your institution conduct interviews? Yes
  • Interview Dates:
    • Friday, October 10, 2014
    • Friday, November 21, 2014
    • Monday, January 12, 2015
    • Friday, January 30, 2015
    • Friday, February 20, 2015
    • Friday, March 6, 2015
pulled that information straight from their websites, doesn't specify which dates are for early decision or for normal decision. Im assuming the first date is for early decision since that's the one I applied for.

• Does your institution conduct interviews? Yes
  • Interview Dates:
    • Friday, October 10, 2014
    • Friday, November 21, 2014
    • Monday, January 12, 2015
    • Friday, January 30, 2015
    • Friday, February 20, 2015
    • Friday, March 6, 2015
pulled that information straight from their websites, doesn't specify which dates are for early decision or for normal decision. Im assuming the first date is for early decision since that's the one I applied for.

Ok .. sorry they removed it... They had a date for september 28th before october 10th ..the last time i checked...goodluck

I'm an ED applicant 3.76 GPA and a 72 comp PCAT (Bummer). No email for interview as of today.

Applied Early decision, GPA 3.51, Composite Pcat 84. My last letter of recommendation was finally completed 9/14/14. Got interview invitation 9/15/14.

Last edited:
Hoping to see all of you Oct 10th :D!

Reactions: 1 user
Applied Early decision, GPA 3.51, Composite Pcat 84. My last letter of recommendation was finally completed 9/14/14. Got interview invitation 9/15/14.

are u a pharm tech ? hoe many hours of volunteering do u have ? what school did u take most of ur pre-reqs ? goodluck

Thanks, i'm a pharm tech but only volunteered as one for 200 hours, and have a few more hours with a pre-pharmacy association. Took most of my pre-reqs at University of Houston.

I am currently waiting for my interview e-mail. My 3rd reference was processed on 09/01, so I am wondering why it is taking a while.

it seems to me like less people are applying for pharmacy ... the forums used to be filled by now ....same with the pcat forums

it seems to me like less people are applying for pharmacy ... the forums used to be filled by now ....same with the pcat forums
What are you implying? Check it out at pharmacy school-specific forum and you will find some schools like Roseman, Midwestern, Texas Tech are hot this year, with pages of replies...

Last edited:

Yeah comparing this thread to the ones from the last few years, there are a ton of people applying. Most of the UHCOP threads barely had replies until like November or December of the past few years!

I havent got an interview from UH yet. Im nervous! :(

Im talking pre-regs at college. Do UH Adcom prefer aplicant who take pre-regs at UH?
Here is my stat:
Gpa:4.o
Pcat:81

Same questions here:
Job placement rate: UH vs. UT vs. Texas Tech vs. A&M
Residency placement rate: UH vs. UT vs. Texas Tech vs. A&M

Same questions here:
Job placement rate: UH vs. UT vs. Texas Tech vs. A&M
Residency placement rate: UH vs. UT vs. Texas Tech vs. A&M

I don't know about the residency rate; however, the job placement rate for UH is 100%.