University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Setor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if UH is on rolling admissions, more specifically, do they interview at certain times of the year, or is it by when they receive the applications? Any advice about their application process is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

i believe they start interviewing in the spring.

Setor said:
Does anyone know if UH is on rolling admissions, more specifically, do they interview at certain times of the year, or is it by when they receive the applications? Any advice about their application process is greatly appreciated.

Apply ASAP. UH doesn't make it all too clear, but they are on rolling admissions. But for them, rolling admissions means just that those who have their applications in first are most likely to be chosen for interviews starting late january/early february. They don't interview as they receive applications like other schools who are on rolling admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
emogrrrrl said:
Apply ASAP. UH doesn't make it all too clear, but they are on rolling admissions. But for them, rolling admissions means just that those who have their applications in first are most likely to be chosen for interviews starting late january/early february. They don't interview as they receive applications like other schools who are on rolling admissions.
Hi Emogrrrl! How's Texas Tech? How are your classes going?

Is a completed application means:

All the recommendation letter from teachers and pharmacist
PCAT score
Transcripts
And of course, the actual application?

Or is it just the application alone can be counted as a completed application?
B/c I waiting for my recommendation letters right now. The U.H. appl. intructions state that all the required to be included in the packet.

I just turned in my application yesterday and I included everything in the packet - app., letter of recommendations, transcripts, and money. I just wanted to be on the safe side and have everyhting together.

UT-Frank said:
Hi Emogrrrl! How's Texas Tech? How are your classes going?

Very good so far, love the progam. Thanks for asking. And yourself, how's UT?

I know UH website says that they dont start interviewing unti the Sprig, but has anyone heard anything besides the e-mail you get when they receive your application packet? Also, if there are any current students out there how do you like the program so far? What are some of the pros and cons?

There are 10 interview dates; the first one is scheduled for Jan. 28. UH says they do rolling admissions, but I turned my application in before Thanksgiving (which I thought was pretty early) and I got the last interview date. :D Good luck!