University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxaggie2005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So has anyone heard anything from UH? I sent in everything the first week of January and soon after received an email saying they got my application. No interview invitations so far :( Since UH has rolling admissions, I'm worried most of the class is filled up by now!

Members don't see this ad.

rxaggie2005 said:
So has anyone heard anything from UH? I sent in everything the first week of January and soon after received an email saying they got my application. No interview invitations so far :( Since UH has rolling admissions, I'm worried most of the class is filled up by now!

I have a friend who turned in his application on the 15th of September and has an interview on the 21st of this month. I turned mine in mid October and have not heard anything yet, except that they received my application.

Hi,
I send in all my application materials on Jan. 10th and I received an interview invitation last week and will interview at UH on Mar. 4th.
Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my stuff before Xmas and they said they received it Jan 11th. I got an email Jan 24 that says my interview will be Feb 25th... I know they have interviews each week. I know someone that got one for March 5th

rxaggie2005 said:

don't worry, they've only had one round of interviews so far. i think there are like eight more. i'm a first year...i sent mine in before thanksgiving and got the last interview date. look where i am now; don't worry!

This is for the people that had an interview at UH. Usually, how many people do UH invites to their interviews?

How long does it takes for UH to send out an acceptance letter?

fob12 said:
This is for the people that had an interview at UH. Usually, how many people do UH invites to their interviews?

i was told that there would be about 30 people being interviewed per date. they tell you that you'll hear within 4-6 weeks. however, i heard from them after 1 week, while other people didn't hear from them for 4 months. :confused:

To: NguyenKD

I just got back from the interview this past weekend. I think UH's program is great. I really like the faculty and they seems very nice especially Dr. Sherer (3rd year professor) whom interviewed me. Thanks for your prompt replies. I just hope I will get an acceptance letter from UH.

I have a question: At the end of your interview did any of the interviewers mention that they would recommend you to the admission committee?
B/c at the end of my interview the professor actually said that he will recommend me to the admission committee and i am just curious if the interviewers are saying it just to be curteous?

fob12 said:

They are going to interview 250-300 students with about 30 each round. The interviews are on Fridays. It will take about 3 weeks after interview to find out acceptance or not.

I'm glad your interview went well! :) My friend had the first interview and got his acceptance two weeks later, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! To have your interviewer say that they will recommend you is awesome. My interviewer didn't tell me that. :mad: Haha, just kidding. Another girl who had the same interviewer as me was told that she was too school oriented, so I think your interviewer was really impressed by you.
fob12 said:

I just got back from the interview this past weekend. I think UH's program is great. I really like the faculty and they seems very nice especially Dr. Sherer (3rd year professor) who interviewed me. Thanks for your prompt replies. I just hope I will get an acceptance letter from UH.

I have a question: At the end of your interview did any of the interviewers mentioned that they would recommend you to the admission committee?
B/c at the end of my interview the professor actually said that he will recommend me to the admission committee and i am just curious if the interviewers are saying it just to be curteous?

I am glad when all this waiting is over. At least I will know my fate. In the meantime, I am glad to have SDN as a motivator and a resource for info. Well, I am crossing my fingers really tight. :oops:

nguyenkd said:
I'm glad your interview went well! :) My friend had the first interview and got his acceptance two weeks later, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! To have your interviewer say that they will recommend you is awesome. My interviewer didn't tell me that. :mad: Haha, just kidding. Another girl who had the same interviewer as me was told that she was too school oriented, so I think your interviewer was really impressed by you.

fob12 said:
I am glad when all this waiting is over. At least I will know my fate. In the meantime, I am glad to have SDN as a motivator and a resource for info. Well, I am crossing my fingers really tight. :oops:

Hi, congrats on finishing your interview at UH and I am just wondering if the interview questions are any similar to those interview questions they e-mail us to fill out before the interview? Also, is the essay writing topic difficult?
I am so glad to hear that people at UH are friendly! Thanks for your tips :)

Yeah, it kinda similiar, so read over it. The essay was just to see if you can pick a situation and expand on it.

Ting324 said:
Hi, congrats on finishing your interview at UH and I am just wondering if the interview questions are any similar to those interview questions they e-mail us to fill out before the interview? Also, is the essay writing topic difficult?
I am so glad to hear that people at UH are friendly! Thanks for your tips :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Darn...3:34 a.m. in the morning and I am tired of study genetic. Just wanna go to SDN and type something up. Two more weeks until the Univ. Houston decides my fate and 3 more weeks for TExas Tech. :oops:

:) hey at least I know someone is in the shoes as I am. Well, I am studying for genetic again. Confused and dazed, that is how I describe my current situation. Test time is tomorrow!!!!! :sleep: :mad:

fob12 said:
I have a question: At the end of your interview did any of the interviewers mention that they would recommend you to the admission committee?

I had an interview with UH in 2001. It was very late in May or June, I can't remember for sure. The interviewer said he'd recommend me, but I guess I failed somewhere b/c I'm not a Cougar today. HEhee. I'm hoping that they would just accept me w/o an interview this year like my friend did at UT last year. I turned in my application so early Nov, but no word yet. I'm getting paranoid. Did someone steal my mail??? Or did my hotmail sort UH's email as SPAM. Maybe I received an invitation and I didn't know about it! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Now I am really nervous; if it doesn't work out this year maybe next year. So thanks for the heads up. I am optimistic but not too optimistic.

mokopharmd said:
I had an interview with UH in 2001. It was very late in May or June, I can't remember for sure. The interviewer said he'd recommend me, but I guess I failed somewhere b/c I'm not a Cougar today. HEhee. I'm hoping that they would just accept me w/o an interview this year like my friend did at UT last year. I turned in my application so early Nov, but no word yet. I'm getting paranoid. Did someone steal my mail??? Or did my hotmail sort UH's email as SPAM. Maybe I received an invitation and I didn't know about it! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

fob12 said:
Now I am really nervous; if it doesn't work out this year maybe next year. So thanks for the heads up. I am optimistic but not too optimistic.

Don't be so nervous. Just be patient.

what do you have to write about? what is the essay question?

or anyone that interviewed at u oh h? if you dont mind can u say what was the essay question?

no one is going to tell until after their acceptances. it's called competition. :thumbup:

txpharmdstud said:
no one is going to tell until after their acceptances. it's called competition. :thumbup:

They have a different essay topic for each round so it won't do you that much good if I told you. It's easy... that's for sure, if you don't do well on... then you should consider another profession :laugh:

same thing as other pharmacy schools?
something different about u oh h as far as what they are looking for?

UTPharmDoc said:
They have a different essay topic for each round so it won't do you that much good if I told you. It's easy... that's for sure, if you don't do well on... then you should consider another profession :laugh:

being a little cocky there huh my friend? maybe you should consider another profession since it's seems like you're in it for the wrong reasons.

hey,

do yall know how many are tabled each year...?? i am one of the tabled...so i was just wondering.

also...do yall know anyone admitted that was tabled??? when you find out about your status(accepted or rejected?)

thanks!

farmD said:
hey,

do yall know how many are tabled each year...?? i am one of the tabled...so i was just wondering.

also...do yall know anyone admitted that was tabled??? when you find out about your status(accepted or rejected?)

thanks!

what does tabled mean? i received my acceptance letter today under the condition that i finish history and speech with a C or better...? is that a table? tee hee..

maggiemoo said:
what does tabled mean? i received my acceptance letter today under the condition that i finish history and speech with a C or better...? is that a table? tee hee..

Hi, I got an interview on Feb. 18th. and I am still waiting for my fate. When was your interview? I know it is not all about the grades, but I am just curious what was your gpa and pcat?

Wow Maggie! Congrats, again! 1st UT, now UH. I bet I know where you're going! haha

(no offense to UH! it's a great school)

fob12 said:
Hi, I got an interview on Feb. 18th. and I am still waiting for my fate. When was your interview? I know it is not all about the grades, but I am just curious what was your gpa and pcat?

my interview was feb. 25th. ummm my pcat is a 99%tile, and my gpa..well, i never calculated my pre-pharm gpa for UH but for UT it's around 3.7-3.8? so somewhere around there...i didn't think my UH interview went GREAT though, definitely my worse out of UT and Tech...so shrug...just hang on!

maggiemoo said:
my interview was feb. 25th. ummm my pcat is a 99%tile, and my gpa..well, i never calculated my pre-pharm gpa for UH but for UT it's around 3.7-3.8? so somewhere around there...i didn't think my UH interview went GREAT though, definitely my worse out of UT and Tech...so shrug...just hang on!

Wow, great stats. Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know which zip code area is between main campus and medical center? I'm trying to look for an apt but not really sure which area I should look into. Thanks for the tips! :luck:

Wow! Congrats to all who was accepted!!!

I'm going in for my interview April 15th...I feel as if it is a little late, but better late than never! I would think the class is almost full at this point!

Good luck to everybody that decides to attend! ^_^

Vandykitten said:
Wow! Congrats to all who was accepted!!!

I'm going in for my interview April 15th...I feel as if it is a little late, but better late than never! I would think the class is almost full at this point!

Good luck to everybody that decides to attend! ^_^

congrats on the interview! i will be a student ambassador that day so hope to see you there!

Does anyone know which zip code area is between main campus and medical center? I'm trying to look for an apt but not really sure which area I should look into. Thanks for the tips!

i live in zip code 77054 which is pretty much where everybody lives. pm me if you want more info.

anyone that had the march 11 interview and has heard back yet? i'm worried.

txpharmdstud said:
anyone that had the march 11 interview and has heard back yet? i'm worried.

i know someone who interviewed that date and she just heard so maybe within the week?

nguyenkd said:
congrats on the interview! i will be a student ambassador that day so hope to see you there!

Thanks!!! I hope I don't get super lost...the campus seems huge O_O

My interview date was on Mar. 4th and I got an acceptance letter last week ! Essay question was not hard, just relax and be yourself on the day of the interview and prepare some experiences on how you deal with stress (they want to know how you situate yourself with difficult situations and overcome it)
Good luck you all :)

I might be attending UHCOP this upcoming Fall. I was wondering, where do most pharmacy students live? or where is a good area to live at? complexes? etc... thanks

I got into UH finally!!! Yay!!!

UTPharmDoc said:

congrats man! ill be there w/ ya. are you going to UH or UT though?

for those of u who r familiar with the houston area..

is "AMLI at the Medical Center" a safe place to live?

sorry, if I'm not suppose to put a specific place name here on the forum...

just trying to find a safe neighborhood/place to live..

thanx! :laugh:

sangl1979 said:
for those of u who r familiar with the houston area..

is "AMLI at the Medical Center" a safe place to live?

sorry, if I'm not suppose to put a specific place name here on the forum...

just trying to find a safe neighborhood/place to live..

thanx! :laugh:

that's a really nice complex. however, it's not situated in the greatest area. a lot of students live in that area though. don't mean to scare you....haha. just gotta be smart and aware of your surroundings. PM me for details.

UTPharmDoc said:
When did you interview with UH...I had my interview on April 15th....kinda late so i am really worried....any help would be appreciated
thanks

chantelle said:
When did you interview with UH...I had my interview on April 15th....kinda late so i am really worried....any help would be appreciated
thanks

hey chantelle,

i believe you had the 2nd to last interview. honestly, it is harder to get accepted w/ later interviews but it happens. my friend got accepted and she had the last interview date last year(i know you're reading this too!). hehe. just have faith and i hope that your interviewer w/ Dr. Williams. I always hear hes a killer for some reason. Hopefully you'll be in my class. =).

chantelle said:
thanks
I interviewed on Feb 25th... hope that helps, good luck

UTPharmDoc said:
I interviewed on Feb 25th... hope that helps, good luck

I interviewed on April 15th and have not heard anything yet either. Hopefully soon though because the wait is killing me. My interviewer was Dr. Wallace and he was really nice. I guess the wait is longer for the later interviews but Im trying to stay positive...lets see what happens!!

I will be declining my admissions to UH COP. This will open up an extra slot for those of ya who are still waiting. Good Luck! :thumbup:

utpharmdude said:
I will be declining my admissions to UH COP. This will open up an extra slot for those of ya who are still waiting. Good Luck! :thumbup:

booooooooo. :thumbdown: haha.