University of Illinois at Chicago Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***** The Official University of Illinois at Chicago Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get a notification that their application is complete yet?
I submitted mine midnight of June 16th and submitted the supplemental app + fee a week prior.

Last edited:
Did anyone get a notification that their application is complete yet?
I submitted mine midnight of June 16th and submitted the supplemental app + fee a week prior.
I have done the same thing, and I have received an email saying that my app has received and verified on AADSAS application.

But my AADSAS status still says Received/Waiting additional info.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
“Thank you for your interest in the Doctor of Dental Medicine Degree Program at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry.

The College has received all your application materials and your DMD application is now COMPLETE.

Applications will be reviewed on a rolling admissions basis and candidates selected for an interview will be notified via e-mail. We will contact you if the admissions committee selects you for a Virtual campus interview. Interviews are by invitation only and are communicated electronically. Applications will be reviewed beginning August 2020. Interviews will be held late September 2020 through March 2021.

All final DMD application decisions will be made by April 2021.”

“Thank you for your interest in the Doctor of Dental Medicine Degree Program at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry.

The College has received all your application materials and your DMD application is now COMPLETE.

Applications will be reviewed on a rolling admissions basis and candidates selected for an interview will be notified via e-mail. We will contact you if the admissions committee selects you for a Virtual campus interview. Interviews are by invitation only and are communicated electronically. Applications will be reviewed beginning August 2020. Interviews will be held late September 2020 through March 2021.

All final DMD application decisions will be made by April 2021.”

When did you submit everything?

Submitted AADSAS 6/18/2020; received and submitted supplemental 6/30/2020.
I submitted both before you. I guess they don't want me even though I'm IS :'(

Members don't see this ad :)
So I wanted to know like i did not do so well in my undergrad, got a very low gpa but then i just did a biomedical science masters and my Gpa was 3.7+ and on my DAT i got AA 20. I also have a lot of shadowing and dental assisting experience. With this information would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting into dental schools?

So I wanted to know like i did not do so well in my undergrad, got a very low gpa but then i just did a biomedical science masters and my Gpa was 3.7+ and on my DAT i got AA 20. I also have a lot of shadowing and dental assisting experience. With this information would anyone be able to tell me my chances of getting into dental schools?

You'd have better luck asking here: What Are My Chances? WAMC Dental

I have just got a completion email just now!!! Good luck everybody!!!!

so anyone else get an interview or just that one guy?

Reactions: 2 users
Chicago has a rolling admissions process that goes until April, so I’m thinking they probably take their time interviewing applicants. I wouldn’t worry too much yet! Especially with Covid and decision day being later than usual this year. :)

I actually don't believe that person received the interview. They claimed they "just" got the interview at 7:39 PM CST. Really? They don't send out invites that late. But who knows maybe they did receive it, but I highly doubt it. So don't worry too much!

I actually did receive an interview e-mail last year (from a different school) at 11pm and a girl I know received one after 7pm this year. So it is kind of odd, but possible! Everyone hang in there! We will get those invites!

I actually did receive an interview e-mail last year (from a different school) at 11pm and a girl I know received one after 7pm this year. So it is kind of odd, but possible! Everyone hang in there! We will get those invites!
Thats true, i actually an interview invite email at 3 AM Eastern Time! But whats weird only one person got an interview. We always see a wave of people comment rather than one

Thats true, i actually an interview invite email at 3 AM Eastern Time! But whats weird only one person got an interview. We always see a wave of people comment rather than one

I feel ya on that. I actually have to retake my DAT in a couple of weeks so I’m not expecting any invites yet anyway. Maybe that’s why I’m less anxious about it lol

I feel ya on that. I actually have to retake my DAT in a couple of weeks so I’m not expecting any invites yet anyway. Maybe that’s why I’m less anxious about it lol
Best of luck!!!

Sorry I was too busy preparing for the interview. I actually already had it two days ago, if you want me to attach the email I could. The first day of interviews was 2 days ago and there's more next week. I am not sure why other people haven't said anything but I am sure they will soon. I thought I was being helpful with discussing that I had received an interview, they are still sending out interviews though by different groups. Hope that helps! Best of luck.

Hi PreJDentzzM,

I was just curious, what does the email look like? I am hoping to get one as well, but I am wondering due to being a postbac and non-traditional, maybe I am not the first priority.

Thanks!

Sorry I was too busy preparing for the interview. I actually already had it two days ago, if you want me to attach the email I could. The first day of interviews was 2 days ago and there's more next week. I am not sure why other people haven't said anything but I am sure they will soon. I thought I was being helpful with discussing that I had received an interview, they are still sending out interviews though by different groups. Hope that helps! Best of luck.
Would you mind telling us about your experience and how everything is done with things being online this year?

Do you mind sharing your stats in this format?

Interview #
School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (overall, science):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
Dates available OR your interview date:
Method of Interview:

Interview #2
School: University of Illinois at Chicago
Notification Date: 9/22/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
AADSAS Mail-out date: 7/11
GPA (overall, Science): 3.70, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/26/19/none
Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #2
Notification Date: 9/22/2020
Residency: IL
AADSAS Mail-out date: 7/11
GPA (overall, Science): 3.70, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/26/19/none
Thanks for sharing and best of luck! When did you receive an application complete email?

Congrats to you!!!!

I'm slightly confused,I received my complete email the first week of August. I thought it was rolling admissions?

I got my app complete email on July 20th, with no interview invite.
I think they recently started to review applications so they're looking at all the applications at the same time regardless of when they were submitted.
Either that, or they just decided I'm not a good enough in-state applicant to receive an interview invite.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I got my app complete email on July 20th, with no interview invite.
I think they recently started to review applications so they're looking at all the applications at the same time regardless of when they were submitted.
Either that, or they just decided I'm not a good enough in-state applicant to receive an interview invite.
literally me too lol, dont feel alone

• Haha
Hey guys. Interviewing early next week and was just wondering if anyone else is a little confused regarding the virtual tour/information session. In the email it states that the sessions occur the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month and you are supposed to attend the session following your interview week. But then it gives an example stating that if you interview on a Monday you would attend the information session on Friday of that week.

We are supposed to attend the meeting AFTER our interview and not before it correct? The email was a bit vague about this and I just want to make sure. My interview is early next week but there is not an information session until the week after (not the week of my interview). Would that be the informations session I attend? Thank you in advance!

Hey guys. Interviewing early next week and was just wondering if anyone else is a little confused regarding the virtual tour/information session. In the email it states that the sessions occur the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month and you are supposed to attend the session following your interview week. But then it gives an example stating that if you interview on a Monday you would attend the information session on Friday of that week.

We are supposed to attend the meeting AFTER our interview and not before it correct? The email was a bit vague about this and I just want to make sure. My interview is early next week but there is not an information session until the week after (not the week of my interview). Would that be the informations session I attend? Thank you in advance!
Hey there, I interviewed last week and I had my friday session today. You would probably be doing the information session two weeks from today.

Hey there, I interviewed last week and I had my friday session today. You would probably be doing the information session two weeks from today.
It is just a presentation and you dress up professionally and introduce yourself to the faculty! It is laid back and informative

Finally get to write this!
Interview #3
Notification date: 09/29/20
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: July 7th
Application complete date: August 6th
GPA (overall, science): 3.53/ 3.21
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/20/26/ none

does anyone else’s status on aadsas say “none”

I submitted 6/16. And mine use to say application complete but now it says "none"
Hm thats weird. I also submitted 6/16 too. Maybe a glitch in their system?

Interview #8
Notification date: 10/2/20
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: June
Application complete date: August
GPA (overall, science): 3.78/ 3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/27/22/ none

Hi- for anyone that has already interviewed, did they ask any questions about COVID-19? Also, was the vibe of the interview more high stress? Or laidback? I have my interview on Wednesday! :/