University of Illinois at chicago dental program 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFlap

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends

This thread is for students who have applied or are thinking to the UIC international dental program 2012..lets spread news about application,interview & admission...also lets share what Mrs Espinosa says about application..

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there!

I am applying for UIC and still working on SOP and LORs. It's never ending.:(
Am I late?
How are you going, DrFlap?

I have already applied. Have sent all the stuff, supplemental application, fee ..etc. Still have not heard from them. Did u guys get any confirmation from the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have already applied. Have sent all the stuff, supplemental application, fee ..etc. Still have not heard from them. Did u guys get any confirmation from the school?

I don't think so they give. last year i applied but didn't hear anything from them. i think you can check online. and also whenever i tried calling them to ask anything or send an email, they have never pick up the phone or never replied to email. i don't know how can i contact them?

I have sent everything they required for the supplemental application..She didnt give response..I have paid fees early..but haven't got ne reply..lets see..stiil we have one month..please update this thread so we come to know that anyone select for the interview or not??..those who still left with application..hurry up..thank you all..

hi friends my greencard is expired and is under renewal process ( to remove conditions after 2 yrs) it might take some time for it 1-2 months,so what should i do coz UIC doesnt accept candidate whose greencard is in process. Please guide if sum1 had similar situation or is there any other way ??

green card/citizenship is the unwaiveable criteria of UIC,last yr mine was in the process and they did nt consider my applictn and by the time i sent my GC..they had already interviewed and made decisions..i had emailed the program director abt the GC being in process bt got an replty that we would only consider u if had a GC right nw..

green card/citizenship is the unwaiveable criteria of UIC,last yr mine was in the process and they did nt consider my applictn and by the time i sent my GC..they had already interviewed and made decisions..i had emailed the program director abt the GC being in process bt got an replty that we would only consider u if had a GC right nw..

True..They have FAQs on their site & it says that if your GC is in process you cant apply..for application you need to have it..but anyway try virginia commonwealth dental school..i think they also accept students with GC..as this is just the beginning of 2012 cycle..dont lose hope..

hi friends my greencard is expired and is under renewal process ( to remove conditions after 2 yrs) it might take some time for it 1-2 months,so what should i do coz UIC doesnt accept candidate whose greencard is in process. Please guide if sum1 had similar situation or is there any other way ??

they are very strict for their requirement..only thing you can do that ask Mrs Espinosa..she is the one who is handling all these admission procedure..but if GC is in process don't apply to Uni..as this can be waste of money..

I think you can apply if you received the document from USCIS that your application is under process and that it has been extended for a year,since you already have a green card and it's just removal of conditions.

Hi Friends what are the admission requirements , other than GC, Citizenship and refugees. Are the admission tough or is it much easier than other dental schools, for people with gc and Citizenship. Is there a resonably good chance for every one who applied with these requirements to get admission, do have a clue as how many people who applied last year with these requirements were able to get admission. If anyone who knows this please reply it will help us .

UIC looks at applicants experience,masters degree frm US is a big plus,they are not usually looking for high scores but passing scores of part1 and 2 again makes one a strong candidate...last yr all those who were accepted did nt have v high scores..but had good exp like DA/masters degree and some had part2 cleared.
hope that helps..
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks airmototr, it really helped and got my extened temporary GC in just one day thanks alot

UIC looks at applicants experience,masters degree frm US is a big plus,they are not usually looking for high scores but passing scores of part1 and 2 again makes one a strong candidate...last yr all those who were accepted did nt have v high scores..but had good exp like DA/masters degree and some had part2 cleared.
hope that helps..
good luck

I have some research experience in usa...about 9 months..will it help??again i am giving my part 2 in june..result may or may not come before deadline..what do u think about my chances??..what should i do??i have already applied to it though..

dr flap

ya,research exp is a plus point...im in the same boat.. giving my exam part2 in june. dont worry hope for the best..!

dr flap

ya,research exp is a plus point...im in the same boat.. giving my exam part2 in june. dont worry hope for the best..!

Ohh..thats nice..best of luck for part 2...i am scared now but lets see..when did u apply to UIC??

Ohh..thats nice..best of luck for part 2...i am scared now but lets see..when did u apply to UIC??

I have the same q ... I can c that most of the students are interested in BU, UMN, VCW ... and Colorado. but I didn't c anything about UIC ..

what do u thing about UIC program??????????

I have the same q ... I can c that most of the students are interested in BU, UMN, VCW ... and Colorado. but I didn't c anything about UIC ..

what do u thing about UIC program??????????

well..UIC accept only those who have GC..so that can be the only reason why other students are not discussing about UIC..as most of the students here on student visa..deadline is near..july 1st..so hurry up..!!

Thanx for the reply DrFlap..

I am interested in UIC .. but my question is that .. what do u think about UIC?
is it one of the best schools in the US .. ?? what do y know about their program? I have no clue abt their program ..

well..one of the best??I dont know about that..but it certainly is a good dental school for international dental program..little expensive though..there are many dental schools rank ahead of UIC..like BU NYU temple Upenn UCSF...people told me about high exposure of patients..faculties are good..rite nw i only know these much as i dont know alumni or current students studying in UIC..!!

Can any one tell me , what are the documents required for this:

Dental Education Transcripts: Certified or notarized copy of official credentials from all postÂsecondary

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone tell me UIC's requirement of LOR's. How many and from whom? I looked at their website. No specific requirement mentioned. They just say we need to submit CAAPID application. But for Caapid LORs are not a compulsory.

Please can anyone share information on this asap.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone tell me UIC's requirement of LOR's. How many and from whom? I looked at their website. No specific requirement mentioned. They just say we need to submit CAAPID application. But for Caapid LORs are not a compulsory.

Please can anyone share information on this asap.

Thanks

If u hv already submitted LORs to CAAPID then no additional LORs u need to send to UIC ( total 3 of them Dean,faculty and 1 either faculty or dentist under whom u worked)

Can any one tell me , what are the documents required for this:

Dental Education Transcripts: Certified or notarized copy of official credentials from all postÂsecondary

dental education transcript means your marksheets that your university has issued when you passed you each year of your dental school..it is not the transcript that your dental school has issued..i sent them wrong transcript..so she mailed me to send which i have described..so dont send wrong documents..

well..one of the best??I dont know about that..but it certainly is a good dental school for international dental program..little expensive though..there are many dental schools rank ahead of UIC..like BU NYU temple Upenn UCSF...people told me about high exposure of patients..faculties are good..rite nw i only know these much as i dont know alumni or current students studying in UIC..!!

Thanx for the reply ...

so.. while there are many schools rank ahead of it .. why u r still interested in UIC? or why u think it is a good school while u don't know anyone studying there .. ?

I know I am asking a lot .. but because I have no idea abt this school .. :)

uic has 30 seats only GC/CITIZENS accepted,lill less competition,and above all most of us are waiting to just a chance to get in a school, we cannot make choice most of the time.

Is the Dental Education Transcript the same as transcript of records??

Is the Dental Education Transcript the same as transcript of records??

yeah...i am having a hard time understanding about the transcipts...especially when it attaches a form for the registrar...what does that mean ? I have a copy of my records...not sure if a notarized copy sent directly to school would help ?? someone pls help !!

dental education transcript means your marksheets that your university has issued when you passed you each year of your dental school..it is not the transcript that your dental school has issued..i sent them wrong transcript..so she mailed me to send which i have described..so dont send wrong documents..

Hey DrFlap can you give that email address because i don't know why they are not picking up the phone and not replying to my email address. please if you have working phone number or email address can you give me? or anybody knows? please help me.

uic has 30 seats only GC/CITIZENS accepted,lill less competition,and above all most of us are waiting to just a chance to get in a school, we cannot make choice most of the time.

@denty: i know you are too curious...well unintentionally you are preparing myself & others for interview..good for us..

@florarose: yes..you are rite..i mean if we have GC in hand & if we will not use it even though they only accept GCs..then i think we will miss chance..& it is not affordable in this tough competition..2nd no bench test..no hard rules for selection..easy going..so why shouldn't we apply??

Hey DrFlap can you give that email address because i don't know why they are not picking up the phone and not replying to my email address. please if you have working phone number or email address can you give me? or anybody knows? please help me.

Email ID is the same form which you get most of their replies..or else you can check uic website in which go in contact us under IDDP menu..you will find person named Mrs espinosa..email id is there..

hey dentalbuff,that is nothing to do with school registrar.Actually that is misleading.I talked to CAAPID authorities.They said fill this form and send it to ece and then they will attach it to ece report and send it to school.U can double check with them if you want.

Buddy i dont know what are you talking about..but when you passed each year of your dental school,your universities might give you records or marksheets describing which exam you gave & how many marks you scored in each subjects..just notarized them & send them to UIC..it has nothing to do with CAAPID...or else you can again check with UIC people..as they mentioned when they emailed me that a transcrpit/marksheets issued by your universities not by your dental school..

yeah!I got it Dr Flap.
Thanks

I have the same question. I did not hear from them of my supplemental application until now. I have updated my information, do you know can I send it again separately?

Email ID is the same form which you get most of their replies..or else you can check uic website in which go in contact us under IDDP menu..you will find person named Mrs espinosa..email id is there..

Thanks for your help. is this email address correct? [email protected]
i tried on this but no reply. and also about marks sheets/transcript, can we notarized here in US and send them?

Thanks for your help. is this email address correct? [email protected]
i tried on this but no reply. and also about marks sheets/transcript, can we notarized here in US and send them?

ohh..yes...bank of america does this for free..so just go in BOA & ask about notarization..& if you have not applied it than hurry up buddy..!!..

ohh..yes...bank of america does this for free..so just go in BOA & ask about notarization..& if you have not applied it than hurry up buddy..!!..

Thanks DrFlap. Ya i know that bank of america does that, but i only had a question about whether they except noterized from here. Thnaks a lot. the problem with me is i took my toefl in december 2009 and they want after may 2010. so i wanted to ask them but nobody is bothering to reply from the university.

Thanks DrFlap. Ya i know that bank of america does that, but i only had a question about whether they except noterized from here. Thnaks a lot. the problem with me is i took my toefl in december 2009 and they want after may 2010. so i wanted to ask them but nobody is bothering to reply from the university.

ohh..yes..you can send them notarized copy from here.!!!

has anyone recieved and interview invite??? any idea when would they start calling?

has anyone recieved and interview invite??? any idea when would they start calling?

No..I am expecting something on this thread in next 10 days..guys please update every email form UIC...it will be great help for all of us..

I got a chance to meet the admissions Asst. Director at UIC tomorrow...want to get a good idea on the criterias for acceptance...I am very keen about UIC since I have been in chicago forever and not looking to move out...not to mention that their IDDP is a great program....does anyone have questions / doubts that needs to be clarified ? I think its just so much easier to communicate in person :)

I got a chance to meet the admissions Asst. Director at UIC tomorrow...want to get a good idea on the criterias for acceptance...I am very keen about UIC since I have been in chicago forever and not looking to move out...not to mention that their IDDP is a great program....does anyone have questions / doubts that needs to be clarified ? I think its just so much easier to communicate in person :)

thats great dentalbuff..!!just ask them when they usually send interview letter..& tell us more about IDDP program..every1 is keen to know about this dental school...please update everything about your meeting..