University of Illinois at chicago dental program 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nobody received a letter yet for a very simple reason: they started to be mailed today!

And no, there are not going to be IVs in September, and for this matter I'm 99% sure that the last IVs were last week...
Who told you about it? Did you call them?

Members don't see this ad.

Who told you about it? Did you call them?

They called me actually... :D

Proud UIC IDDP 14' student!

They contacted some students yesterday by phone, and informed that the letters where going to be mailed today. So my advice is: if you haven't received a call don't freak out, your 'answer' might be in your mail box on the next few days!

Good luck to everyone! :luck:

Nobody received a letter yet for a very simple reason: they started to be mailed today!

And no, there are not going to be IVs in September, and for this matter I'm 99% sure that the last IVs were last week...

And I am 100% that 2 applicants has already received their letters by mail !!
That's what they told my friends!

I hope for what u said ,, I mean I hope there will be more letters so far,

Good luck for us :)

Members don't see this ad :)

They contacted some students yesterday by phone, and informed that the letters where going to be mailed today. So my advice is: if you haven't received a call don't freak out, your 'answer' might be in your mail box on the next few days!

Congrats hope :)

So why they r calling some and mailing letters for the others?

Congrats hope :)

So why they r calling some and mailing letters for the others?

Everyone that was accepted will receive a letter, I think the admissions staff tried to call some, if not all, students yesterday.

Are you sure they receive the actual letters, or just like me a call saying that I was accepted and that I could expect my letter any day this week?

And there's always hope, because even if you don't receive a letter right away, some students might reject it, I've heard that they usually end up inviting 12 to 15 people from a 'waiting list'... I receive the IV invite for uPenn and I'm not even going, I live in Chicago and UIC was my first choice.

Everyone that was accepted will receive a letter, I think the admissions staff tried to call some, if not all, students yesterday.

Are you sure they receive the actual letters, or just like me a call saying that I was accepted and that I could expect my letter any day this week?

And there's always hope, because even if you don't receive a letter right away, some students might reject it, I've heard that they usually end up inviting 12 to 15 people from a 'waiting list'... I receive the IV invite for uPenn and I'm not even going, I live in Chicago and UIC was my first choice.

A big congratulation to you..!!..good luck for the future..

CONGRATULATION !!!! :thumbup:

Congratulations Hope4! That is great news!
I just spoke to Braulia and she said that she did not have all the final decisions yet and that she would let us know as soon as she knew. Hope4, when did u interview?

I just spoke to Braulia and she said that she did not have all the final decisions yet and that she would let us know as soon as she knew. Hope4, when did u interview?

thnx for updating Mctooth..

No problem guys.Just keep your fingers crossed and keep praying. Believe that whatever happens happens for the best..........

To whom we should listen ?
Braulia... Results will be in late sept-oct thru april
Interviewr..... Results in sept ...
friends and sdn ... They are sending acceptance email...
???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Sorry to say but sometime looks like everyONE on SDN is not truthful...:sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
Relax! Don't have a meltdown! We do not know much more than you do!We are just trying to pool all the information we have and figure out what is going on! I know I am not lying and don't think anyone else is lying either. It is possible that they are evaluating batch wise, and again, this is just speculation..........

Thats true...I am not pointing any one to be liar but i talked to braulia in person and she just told me to wait for atleast two months...So its kinda confusing when they are gonna call...aug sept oct...btw thanx for ur reply

Last edited:
hello....ppl who got acceptances from UIC....when did u guyz have the interviews?? like early july or august

hi hope4 can u plz tell when u were interviewed?????

Hi,

How did u speak to her?? did u call her? I am trying to call to update some info but it always direct me to the voicemail ..

Hope4, when did u interview?
hello....ppl who got acceptances from UIC....when did u guyz have the interviews?? like early july or august
hi hope4 can u plz tell when u were interviewed?????

Early August.

To whom we should listen ?
Braulia... Results will be in late sept-oct thru april
Interviewr..... Results in sept ...
friends and sdn ... They are sending acceptance email...
???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Sorry to say but sometime looks like everyONE on SDN is not truthful...:sleep:

When I was interviewed faculty told me results would be mid Oct, my friends told me they say that to kind of "tip you off", and that results usually come a little earlier.

Some other line of thinking it would be a like a kind way of saying: "we'll contact you"...

I would definitely go with this info here:
I just spoke to Braulia and she said that she did not have all the final decisions yet and that she would let us know as soon as she knew.

Fingers crossed guys! Believe! It'll come. :xf:

I Recieved and interview invitation from UIC for 31st aug

hey anum!! congratulation for your interview !!! u r only one who can give us latest updated of interview results...plz dont forget to ask borelia when will they start sending acceptances or have they already started....good luck 4 ur interview :thumbup::)

I agree with you. It's kind of weird how only one person could get acceptance on SDN and interviews at so many other places while everyone else is waiting. At first I believed acceptances were all sent out but then no one else has posted. I feel a lot better I'm not the only one skeptical about someone posting on here.

I really don't have to prove anything to anyone, but calling me a liar right on my face is ridiculous!

Why don't we do this, talk to me via private message, I'll be more than happy to copy/paste my interview letters to you, and I'll even give you my phone # so that you can call me and clear any doubts you might have.

I received 2 interview letters (UIC as many others here, and uPenn, as many others if you bother to check the thread). And a call from UIC where I was told about my acceptance (as I was also told the letter might ne ariving today or early next week, when I'll be once again more than happy to share with whoever wanys to know what is on the letter).

I also applied to 3 other schools in CA and haven't heard a thing from them yet (UCSF, Pacific and Herman Ostrow). I do believe that some people that post here have no clue what they're talking about or are just true liars, but I'm most definitely not one of them.

I came to share info, true info, about my whole application process, and Ireally don't accept been called a liar!

Better luck to you all, and whoever wants to know more about what I know come to me through private message 'cause I don't feel like posting here anymore...

Awwwww Hope 4, don't take it that personal. You know people can be kinnda funny atimes. Anyway, accept my first congratulations on ur accepatnce at UIC. Would love to see more of ur posts on this forum.

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Hope Don't worry,nd I agree wit u!

I think what happened in Uic is that they called only Chicago residents for some reason!! But others will receive their letters soon by mail, so guys be patience nd don't judge ppl!

Good luck to all :)

I really don't have to prove anything to anyone, but calling me a liar right on my face is ridiculous!

Why don't we do this, talk to me via private message, I'll be more than happy to copy/paste my interview letters to you, and I'll even give you my phone # so that you can call me and clear any doubts you might have.

I received 2 interview letters (UIC as many others here, and uPenn, as many others if you bother to check the thread). And a call from UIC where I was told about my acceptance (as I was also told the letter might ne ariving today or early next week, when I'll be once again more than happy to share with whoever wanys to know what is on the letter).

I also applied to 3 other schools in CA and haven't heard a thing from them yet (UCSF, Pacific and Herman Ostrow). I do believe that some people that post here have no clue what they're talking about or are just true liars, but I'm most definitely not one of them.

I came to share info, true info, about my whole application process, and Ireally don't accept been called a liar!

Better luck to you all, and whoever wants to know more about what I know come to me through private message 'cause I don't feel like posting here anymore...

I agree with Mandi. Hope, please do not take anything personally. We are really happy for you and appreciate your support.........

Ppl acts funny sometime! Don't take them seriously. Just let us know when you receive your acceptance letter by mail. Thanks.

I agree with you. It's kind of weird how only one person could get acceptance on SDN and interviews at so many other places while everyone else is waiting.
Haha I never once mentioned your name but you think you're perceived as a liar.

Well let's connect the dots, how about you read your two sentences? Yes, you're right you never mentioned my name, but I'm the only one that posted about being accepted. So some respect is greatly appreciated.

But other than that California schools haven't starting calling people yet but when they do I bet you'll be the first to get one.

Is being sarcastic your way for compensating for something else? If I get IV's from CA I'll definitely post here, as I know that some other people wants to find out when things are going to be happening. Just for you not to get caught by surprise is was told that every student that applied for Pacific will have the IV/ or no IV status by email on Sep 16th (just FYI).

Oh and I believe that you had an interview I don't know where you think I wrote I believed otherwise. :)
I feel a lot better I'm not the only one skeptical about someone posting on here.

Do you really want to go on with this?

Come on, what about you grow up a little?

Anyway, here lies a very happy person! And I hope I can meet some of my batchmates on the next few days!

Good luck you guys! Let me know! :luck:

Ppl acts funny sometime! Don't take them seriously. Just let us know when you receive your acceptance letter by mail. Thanks.

Just got it today, it is dated Aug 24th and post marked the same day.

It is a small package with the congrats letter signed by Dr. Parsons, and some other info including a $5000 fee to be paid to hold your spot...

Anyone else?

It is a small package with the congrats letter signed by Dr. Parsons, and some other info including a $5000 fee to be paid to hold your spot...

Anyone else?

Congratulations!! It is a wonderful feeling to get admission into the school of your choice,isn't it? Good luck for your future.

Anyone else?
Thanks for letting us know.How much time they gave you to pay $5000 fees?

Me toooooo
I got it today in the mail

Good Luck guys

Anyone else?

Me toooooo
I got it today in the mail

Good Luck guys

Hi Mandi2011, Congratulations. Do also live in Chicago/illinois and if not, which state do u live or did uic send ur letter to?

Hi Mandi2011, Congratulations. Do also live in Chicago/illinois and if not, which state do u live or did uic send ur letter to?

Thank u

I got the letter just today by MAIL

and no I don't live in Chicago

I have got mine today in the mail as well.
Thank you GOD thank you thank you

Congrats friends alzagoum73, Mandi2011, Hope4 ....Good luck for the future......

mine was august second.

Thanks for the congratulations

I got the mail today. I'm IN ! I live in california btw.

Congrats guys! Was anyone interviewed on August 8th or after that?

Here I come UIC...was interviewed on Aug 10....and good luck to everyone who are waiting for the magic latter!!!!:thumbup::):thumbup: