University of Illinois at Chicago Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I contacted University of Illinois at Chicago Pharmacy and asked them what their average gpa and PCAT score was for admitted applicants last year but they said they don't release those scores. Does anyone know if this is a relatively easy or hard school to get into??

Members don't see this ad.

s13 said:
I contacted University of Illinois at Chicago Pharmacy and asked them what their average gpa and PCAT score was for admitted applicants last year but they said they don't release those scores. Does anyone know if this is a relatively easy or hard school to get into??

check the stats provided at www.aacp.org under student/application section

Members don't see this ad :)
s13 said:
Expect that type of run-around from them every time you call. They were, by far, the rudest college that I've ever spoken to. I never even submitted my application. :rolleyes:

I agree with whoever said it was the rudest school they've spoken to. I went there for undergrad and it was the worst. One of the counselors actually said to my friend "what do you want now?" I applied there for pharmacy school, and everytime I would follow up I would either get the run around or some rude lady telling me to call back next week. I'm glad I'm at Midwestern and don't have to deal with them anymore.

Oh come on guys, be nice. That's my school your talking about :laugh: Nah, the people at UIC weren't the friendliest during the admissions process. But I must say that they make you feel welcome once you are in. I like it here. But than again, I am a Chicago girl, so I am used to that "big-city" attitude. Chicagoans are not the most happy-go-lucky people in the world.

chitowngyrl said:
Chicagoans are not the most happy-go-lucky people in the world.

Must be because they are all white sox fans. Those Southside Chicagoans are something else.....GO MWU! LOL

Caverject said:
Must be because they are all white sox fans. Those Southside Chicagoans are something else.....GO MWU! LOL

Yeah I would be bitter too if I was a Sox fan :laugh: GO CUBBIES

chitowngyrl, since Illinois at Chicago Pharmacy wouldnt tell me what kind of gpa/pcat score is needed to get in, could u tell me what u had to get in? thanks

uw-madison pharmacy average cum. gpa was ~3.75, math and sci avg was ~3.9. that was for entering class of 03'. dont recall what the pcats were.
thats strange your schools dont share that info with you. uw gave me a list of the last 10 years statistics on entering classes, no hassle when i asked for it. go figure.

btw s13 = silvia?

I heard a rumor during the interview process that they were projecting the average pcat for matriculants to be in the 90th percentile.

s13 said:
chitowngyrl, since Illinois at Chicago Pharmacy wouldnt tell me what kind of gpa/pcat score is needed to get in, could u tell me what u had to get in? thanks

Sure, my scores were PCAT = 93 and GPA = 3.6. I will see if I can find out what the official average for my class was for you. I don't see why they wouldn't tell you that kind of information. But I'll find out for you.

I talked to an admission counselor (Miss Fleming) at UIC yesterday, during the PharmD application workshop. These are some of the statistics for this years class: 160/1500 applicants got accepted, a total of 330 were called for an interview, the avg PCAT score was 80th percentile, and surprisingly the average cumulative GPA was 3.1. If anyone wants to know more about UIC, they offer this workshop frequently. If you go under UIC's pharmacy website and click under news and events (I think), or something close to that you can find when they offer the next worksop.
Kevin

thanks alot, lol and btw no im not silvia. i go to maryland

s13 said:
thanks alot, lol and btw no im not silvia. i go to maryland
actually,
s13 silvia =
silvia7.jpg

oh..nice car :thumbup:

Yeah I've heard 90% and up is good for UIC. I've even heard of some girl with a 93% not getting in. :eek: