University of Illinois C/O 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessbiell

Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread made yet for University of Illinois applicants so I figured I'd make one :) (first time IS)
Who else applied to U of I this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
First time, OOS applicant here!

Members don't see this ad :)
First time OOS!

Good luck everyone! 😊

I'm a current first year student. I'm happy to try to answer any questions you guys have.

Reactions: 4 users
First time OOS! Good luck to all 🤩

I am a current graduate student in the Master's of Veterinary Science, so not a vet student. However I will advocate for Illinois with everything I've got. Absolutely love the campus and wider community.

Reactions: 5 users
First time OOS applicant from Ohio. Good luck everyone!:hello:

Reactions: 1 users
OOS alumna that overall enjoyed my time at Illinois. Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
Second time IS!! Was waitlisted last cycle, hoping for better luck this year

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First time OOS from TX. Hope all goes well for everyone!

First time IS!

First time OOS! Good luck to you all!!!

First-time OOS applicant.
Just to confirm, there has yet to be an established portal for this application cycle, correct?

First-time OOS applicant.
Just to confirm, there has yet to be an established portal for this application cycle, correct?
Did Illinois have a portal last year?

Has anyone gotten a single email from Illinois? I didn’t even get an email about them receiving my application or anything of the sort.

Has anyone gotten a single email from Illinois? I didn’t even get an email about them receiving my application or anything of the sort.
I'm pretty sure the only thing I have gotten so far is the confirmation of the application processing fee.

Did Illinois have a portal last year?
I applied the past 2 cycles, and they didn't have a portal for either one. I just looked back at my emails for a rough timeline of events. Both years they sent an e-mail in early December about my application status, and in late January is when they sent out the e-mail with interview offers.

Here's a link in case anyone wants to know what's looked at in each part
In both of my application cycles, I didn't hear anything from them after the processing of my application fee until the December e-mail about my application status.

I'm pretty sure the only thing I have gotten so far is the confirmation of the application processing fee.
You likely won't hear anything until December.
I applied the past 2 cycles, and they didn't have a portal for either one.
That's what I thought. They didn't have a portal when I applied either. Just making sure I didn't say something incorrect since it's been quite some time since I applied

Hello everyone!
First time IS, but not my first cycle applying to vet schools.

OOS, just got email I made it past phase 1! Anyone else?

OOS, just got email I made it past phase 1! Anyone else?

OOS: They told me I made it past Phase 1 but did not pass Phase 2 :( I guess the GPA cut off was high this round.

good luck to those who passed!

• Care
OOS denied. I made it past phase 1 GPA cut off but didn’t rank high enough for application review?I don’t understand. I feel bummed as heck.

Trauma dump warning:
How is a ~3.7 GPA not good enough to even be looked at??? I am so much more than a number.

rant over.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Also passed phase 1! Email definitely gave me a scare

This waiting game is soooo hard, like I just wanna know already

Oos rejection. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Also made it past phase 1! Feeling relieved as I don’t think I could take 2 rejections in one week lol. But also know this doesn’t mean much as it’s only the academic phase and they still have so much to look at so fingers crossed the rest of my application is good enough too!

OOS denied, made it past Phase 1 but not from phase 2 like many other replies I see here. Not sure what the cutoff was, but disappointing regardless

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
OOS denied. Passed Phase I, but not II. Good luck to everyone who made it!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
OOS, passed phase I!
Academics are my strong suit application wise so spooked to see further results in January, but this is the first school I'm hearing from this cycle.

Interesting, my email said I passed phase 1 and will now be reviewed for phase 2 and results will be decided in January. So did they already review some people for phase 2 and not others?

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting, my email said I passed phase 1 and will now be reviewed for phase 2 and results will be decided in January. So did they already review some people for phase 2 and not others?
I’m also wondering this because it said I would move on to phase 2

I’m also wondering this because it said I would move on to phase 2
I misread my email and others probably did too. Mine said I met the requirements for phase 1 but did not rank high enough to move onto phase 2. I hope this helps clear it up!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I think perhaps they had an unusually high number of applicants this year? So maybe had to have a different cutoff for phase I than normal.
Not sure though.

Apparently Illinois got like 10% more applicants than usual this year. Nearly 20% of people who applied to Vet school applied to Illinois. Thats absolutely crazy!

I'm sorry to all of you who didn't make it on to the next phase, I was rooting for all of you. Good luck to everyone in their applications!

OOS denied. I made it past phase 1 GPA cut off but didn’t rank high enough for application review?I don’t understand. I feel bummed as heck.

Trauma dump warning:
How is a ~3.7 GPA not good enough to even be looked at??? I am so much more than a number.

rant over.
Same here. Also around 3.7 gpa wise, it’s frustrating to see all the work you’ve put in doesn’t mean they’ll even look at us. Oh well, onward to the next one!

• Care
Am I a little sad about not making it to phase 2? Yeah I’d say so. But Illinois has always had a high OOS cutoff gpa

• Care