University of Illinois Chicago COP class 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they interviewing this week? I read a post stating that they do the interview every other week?

There are still interviews March 3, 4, 5, 17, 18, 19, 22, and 24-28.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I also like the traditional format, but I kinda messed up on the second interview. Hmmm I still need to find out how easy it is to get in-state tuition in UIC because I know Michigan does not do that for out-of-staters. Cost is one of the biggest factors for me. What would you pick between UIC and Michigan?

i think at UIC it's doable, but kind of complicated. someone said you have to pay taxes in the state of Illinois and make a certain amount of money per year? :/

http://www.usp.uillinois.edu/residency/residentreg.cfm

"C. During the one-year period in which a person attempts to establish residency, a person must be financially independent. He/she must rely upon gainful employment in Illinois or prove reliance upon resources in Illinois for more than fifty percent of the income sufficient to provide for tuition, fees, and normal living expenses, e.g., food, clothing, housing, and transportation. Income earned as a result of University enrollment, such as educational loans, graduate assistantships, or student employment, is not considered evidence of intent to establish residency. During the one-year period in which a person attempts to establish Illinois residency, a person must reside in the state primarily for other than educational purposes."

Yep she definitely did. According to this, the hardest part would be earning 50% of tuition. It would be awesome if current students could chime in :)

http://www.usp.uillinois.edu/residency/residentreg.cfm

Yeah, they mentioned that that was the hardest part in being granted in-state status. From what I understand it is 50% of tuition + cost of living. I was told you'd have to make around $15,000-20,000 dollars in a year. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm sure very difficult while being a full time student. I've been considering possibly moving to Chicago shortly after I graduate if I can find a job and just work full time over the summer and go to part time during the school year to see if I can make that much.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are still interviews March 3, 4, 5, 17, 18, 19, 22, and 24-28.
Is it quite unusual that I have not received any interview invites from UIC?I submitted my supplemental on the 4th of Feb and I got the completion email re Step 2 on the 11th

Is it quite unusual that I have not received any interview invites from UIC?I submitted my supplemental on the 4th of Feb and I got the completion email re Step 2 on the 11th

No, I don't think it's unusual. I think majority received invites on January 2nd because that was the first day of sending them out. With so many days left of interviews, I'm sure you will hear something soon!

EDIT: Those days I mentioned are also not fully filled up yet.

No, I don't think it's unusual. I think majority received invites on January 2nd because that was the first day of sending them out. With so many days left of interviews, I'm sure you will hear something soon!

EDIT: Those days I mentioned are also not fully filled up yet.
Thanks! Are you affiliated with the college?

Thanks! Are you affiliated with the college?

Hahaha no I was actually put on holding pattern post-interview. They have an interview scheduling link that allows you to see all of the days left.

Hahaha no I was actually put on holding pattern post-interview. They have an interview scheduling link that allows you to see all of the days left.
Thanks! You've been helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
i think at UIC it's doable, but kind of complicated. someone said you have to pay taxes in the state of Illinois and make a certain amount of money per year? :/

Yeah, they mentioned that that was the hardest part in being granted in-state status. From what I understand it is 50% of tuition + cost of living. I was told you'd have to make around $15,000-20,000 dollars in a year. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm sure very difficult while being a full time student. I've been considering possibly moving to Chicago shortly after I graduate if I can find a job and just work full time over the summer and go to part time during the school year to see if I can make that much.

I think $15,000-$20,000 is certainly doable. I would have to work a TON during the summer I guess. I am planning to work during pharmacy school anyway so I can pay for living expenses. Are either of you out of state and plan on attending UIC?

I think $15,000-$20,000 is certainly doable. I would have to work a TON during the summer I guess. I am planning to work during pharmacy school anyway so I can pay for living expenses. Are either of you out of state and plan on attending UIC?

Yea i'm from California. I don't know yet...I'm deciding between UIC, UMich, UMaryland, and UCSD :/

Yeah, already paid my deposit.

I just got invited for Rockford. However, I wanted to pursue PharmD/PhD program. Not sure if going Rockford will allow me to do joint degree. Anyone has an insight for this ??
Hey I am currently a student from the Rockford campus and you can definitely do the PharmD/PhD joint program here at the Rockford campus. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me.

I have interview at Rockford campus, and I'm OOS student. Any one have advice how to get to Rockford campus ? do we have bus/shuttle system at Rockford ?
There is a city transportation service in Rockford, however a majority of us live near campus and drive to school. There is plenty of parking for everyone who attend the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry I meant interview invite. I dun mind going either Rockford or Chicago campus for PharmD program, but I think Rockford doesn't have good selection for research when I do join degree.
That isn't true at all. If you need any information on this issue please pm me and I will get you more information or help you get in contact with who you need to!

the one who got accepted or got put on holding patterns, can you guys share your stats please

Submitted pharmcas Dec. 21st.
submitted UIC supp. on jan 2nd.
got interviewed on Feb 5th.
Accepted Feb 14th.

GPA: 3.4
PCAT: 74th
Experience: pharm tech for 2 years at CVS
Club: Pre-pharm, ACS
I also did a fair amount of volunteer work

Hope this will help you eye-ball your chances!
GOOD LUCK :)

Dropped off my deposit yesterday morning. see you guys in the fall =)

GPA: 3.7
PCAT: 55 (tee-hee)
Interviewed on 02-03-14
Accepted on 02-14-14
Out of state.

Will be giving up my acceptance offer, and I'm sure there are others like me as well, so these of you who are waitlisted, don't lose hope just yet.

I have about same stats,,
GPA 3.75
Pcat 57
Two years pharm tech experience, volunteer work, pre pharmacy club
I interviewed on jan 25th
Got put on hold on feb 14th!
Do you have bachelors ??
Interviewed on 02-03-14
Accepted on 02-14-14
Out of state.

Will be giving up my acceptance offer, and I'm sure there are others like me as well, so these of you who are waitlisted, don't lose hope just yet.
ame

I have about same stats,,
GPA 3.75
Pcat 57
Two years pharm tech experience, volunteer work, pre pharmacy club
I interviewed on jan 25th
Got put on hold on feb 14th!
Do you have bachelors ??
Interviewed on 02-03-14
Accepted on 02-14-14
Out of state.

My Stats:
2-05-14 Interview
2-14-14 Accepted!!!:soexcited:

GPA 2.9
PCAT 56
Pre-pharm club, public health alliance, ASB, 200+ hours volunteer work at hospital
B.S. in Kinesiology w/ minor in French

I'm an in-state student. Good luck to all of you!!!!!

My Stats:
2-05-14 Interview
2-14-14 Accepted!!!:soexcited:

GPA 2.9
PCAT 56
Pre-pharm club, public health alliance, ASB, 200+ hours volunteer work at hospital
B.S. in Kinesiology w/ minor in French

I'm an in-state student. Good luck to all of you!!!!!
To rockford or chicago campus??

Got waitlisted

97 Pcat
3.8 Gpa
Bachelors in Biochem
Pharm tech for a year, pre-pharm club, vp of public health alliance, volunteer work

I'm bummed cause I thought the interview went pretty well. Don't know what to do now.

Got waitlisted

97 Pcat
3.8 Gpa
Bachelors in Biochem
Pharm tech for a year, pre-pharm club, vp of public health alliance, volunteer work

I'm bummed cause I thought the interview went pretty well. Don't know what to do now.
are you serious??? your stats is awesome!! how come are you on wait list?!! and you mean holding pattern right? because they have not started to put on wait list yet.

Got waitlisted

97 Pcat
3.8 Gpa
Bachelors in Biochem

This is a pretty solid stat. Im sure youll get in

My application was put "on hold" and today I was notified that I got an interview!! Yay. Does anyone know how full the class is so far?

My application was put "on hold" and today I was notified that I got an interview!! Yay. Does anyone know how full the class is so far?
How did you know your application was on hold? How did you check the status? Thanks!

Hi! How did you know your application was on hold? How did you check the status? Thanks!

Hi! How did you know your application was on hold? How did you check the status? Thanks!

I didn't check my status. They sent me an email at the end of January telling me that my application had been reviewed and that they were putting my application on "hold" until the academic update was completed, and that my application would be re-reviewed in late-February. So they re-reviewed me I guess and offered me an interview. Hope this was helpful.

For those of you who interviewed at the Rockford campus, how was the interview process? I interview there this Friday, and I'm not sure what to expect. So if you interviewed in Rockford and can offer any insight I would greatly appreciate it!:)

I would expect the Rockford interview to be the same as the Chicago one. If it is, then you have nothing to worry about. It's not something you can really prepare for like the traditional interviews; you basically have to wing it. If it is different, then please ignore haha.

Is the college done sending invitations for interview?

I know Uic Rockford is still doing interviews till the end of March so there's still hope :)

Is the college done sending invitations for interview?

I believe the last interview date is Mar 28th. I just interviewed yesterday so it's possible they're still inviting people.

How are the interviews?

It's MMI. There's scenarios you must answer at 6 stations. You get a chance to see all the questions for 10 mins before the interview. It's really fun actually. Seems like speed dating. You get 5 mins in each room.

The interview was not bad at all! The best part is that you are in six different scenarios so if you blow one because you are nervous you can still redeem yourself. The writing portion was super easy as well.

To anyone that was recently accepted and turned in their deposit. Have any of you received the letter in the mail yet? Also, have they cashed in your check yet?

To anyone that was recently accepted and turned in their deposit. Have any of you received the letter in the mail yet? Also, have they cashed in your check yet?
No I haven't received anything in the mail yet. But they cashed in the check though.

How long does it take after the interview to find out whether you got accepted, denied, or waitlisted?

How long does it take after the interview to find out whether you got accepted, denied, or waitlisted?
They tell you that it'll take 2-4 weeks and that they meet on fridays. For most people I've talked to it's taken 5-7 days.

Anyone on the hold list hear anything back yet? Last year many people got pulled off the hold list within a week and it seems like not a lot of people have been put on the hold list this year.

Anyone on the hold list hear anything back yet? Last year many people got pulled off the hold list within a week and it seems like not a lot of people have been put on the hold list this year.

Nope, but didn't you say earlier that you called and they said they wouldn't reconsider us again until interviews are done? So i'm just not expecting anything until the end of March/early April

Nope, but didn't you say earlier that you called and they said they wouldn't reconsider us again until interviews are done? So i'm just not expecting anything until the end of March/early April
Yeah that's what they said I was checking to see if anyone did

Yeah that's what they said I was checking to see if anyone did

I just wonder how many seats will be left after the interview process. Also, I think more people are on holding pattern than how it appears on SDN; people are just more likely to announce an acceptance than that.

I just interviewed on March 8th, but they told me I would hear back within a week. Still haven't heard though, so we'll see!

Don't forget that not everyone that gets accepted actually ends up going to UIC, so spots open up. Some people on the holding pattern will get accepted as interviews culminate, and then there will be a ranked wait list for those who don't. It really varies from year to year, but you can probably expect at least 20 people to be pulled from the wait list. Don't give up hope! People keep getting accepted for months after interviews end.

Reactions: 1 user