University of Illinois, Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sa012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was in the second batch, and my AADSAS status for this school is: "recieved/under review" with a status definition of "This status may not change. Interviews are granted only by invitation." I am wondering what this means...does anyone else have this?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I have this too. What I am wondering is that I received an email from them on July 19 saying that they received my application and they'll send me another email around August 1 so I can pay my supplemental fee. I haven't received that email and I'm wondering if anyone else did.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application was mailed to UIC on July 20th. So I think that's 5th batch? I haven't received ANY emails from them saying they received my application or anything. My AADSAS portal says "Received/Under Review".

Anyone else in the same boat? I'm most worried that I didn't even receive an initial email from them.

Also, I'm out of state...!

My application was mailed to UIC on July 20th. So I think that's 5th batch? I haven't received ANY emails from them saying they received my application or anything. My AADSAS portal says "Received/Under Review".

Anyone else in the same boat? I'm most worried that I didn't even receive an initial email from them.

Also, I'm out of state...!

I haven't received any email either but my AADSAS portal says the same thing. I would say that they just haven't got around to sending emails out to the later batches (I'm 4th). I'm OOS, as well. I wouldn't start worrying quite yet.

I think we are all in the same boat. I have the same status update on AADSAS but have not received a single e-mail from UIC....not even a request to pay my supplemental fee. So I guess there's no need to worry yet.

ok thanks guys...guess I am not the only one

I just got an e-mail from UIC that they received my application and that they would send me another email with log in information this weekend. I was in the fourth batch and I am OOS.

I just got an e-mail from UIC that they received my application and that they would send me another email with log in information this weekend. I was in the fourth batch and I am OOS.

Got the same e-mail this morning. Hooray for no supplemental application!

same here! :thumbup:

i did too. not to be a buzz kill for anyone, but they probably send that to everyone who applies. it's just bad business not to ask for an additional 85 dollars from applicants.

Haha I was trying not to think about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got my log in information and paid 85 dollars for the application fee

What does everybody's' status say on UIC login website. Mine states under Application Data, "Incomplete - Items Outstanding." I am wondering what they could of failed to receive from AADSAS? Also under Requirements I have AADSAS Record/Transcripts and PS Transcripts Official 1 with no Received Date listed. I guess I will have to call them on Monday.

What does everybody's' status say on UIC login website. Mine states under Application Data, "Incomplete - Items Outstanding." I am wondering what they could of failed to receive from AADSAS? Also under Requirements I have AADSAS Record/Transcripts and PS Transcripts Official 1 with no Received Date listed. I guess I will have to call them on Monday.

Hey, mine says:

Received/Under ReviewThis status may not change. Interviews are granted only by invitation.

Hey, mine says:

Received/Under ReviewThis status may not change. Interviews are granted only by invitation.
Are you referring to the AADSAS portal under school decisions? I am talking about the UIC website when you log in to pay the fee.

Are you referring to the AADSAS portal under school decisions? I am talking about the UIC website when you log in to pay the fee.

Oh, sorry. Yea, I was talking about the AADSAS portal under school decisions. Mine says complete, I guess you gotta give them a call : )

Hey ToroX, I have the same status so I was going to call on Monday. What I was thinking is that things are still being updated into their database so it hasn't shown up as complete yet.

I'm waiting on the email with my log in info. Weekend isn't over yet though. This way I get to hold on to my $85 a bit longer. :D

does anyone else use the 312.996.1020 number? i never get through to anyone. their website says they don't give updates via phone or email, so it doesn't even matter i guess, but i have the same issue with the application being incomplete due to missing items. in aadsas, it says that it's received and under review, but their own website says differently. suggestions?

Only number I found. I tried every option and it just hits a voice mail.

I never even got login info to even check and pay.

I tried to call today about it and I think the only option you have is to email them or leave a message via the automated system they have when you call the admissions office. It said they will call you back in 1-3 business days... Probably the most counter-productive system ever. I tried the ole' "press the 0" trick to try and get someone real on the line, but it didn't work.

you will. don't let it bother you. i don't know what to do about it lol. the school says don't contact them bc they're too busy. but there's a discrepancy between their website and aadsas. I think the only thing that matters is whether or not you pay. bc schools have access to the information aadsas. so hopefully they'll see the mistake and fix it.

Hopefully it'll come. But I'm shooting them an email anyways. I'm just annoyed that it tells me I'll get some by the weekend. Monday comes and still nothing.

Not that I'm in a rush to spend $85 dollars, I merely prefer to have one less school to have to chase down and resolve problems.

I'm in the same situation as many of you. But i'm thinking that the update on AADSAS instead of the UIC login page should be more accurate and current?

has anyone successfully called them?

I still haven't received the e-mail they said I would receive over the weekend (the one with the login info. so I can pay my supplemental fee). Anyone else still waiting? I am getting so annoyed...

I still haven't received the e-mail they said I would receive over the weekend (the one with the login info. so I can pay my supplemental fee). Anyone else still waiting? I am getting so annoyed...

same here.. they're not answering the phone either...

Still waiting :/

Are any of you who haven't gotten that email yet from out of state, by chance?

I just received log-in information, and I am from CA.
When I tried to log-in, it says I need to turn in TOEFL... huh? I don't have to take TOEFL... I cannot even call or email them....

I just received log-in information, and I am from CA.
When I tried to log-in, it says I need to turn in TOEFL... huh? I don't have to take TOEFL... I cannot even call or email them....

I am from GA. After reading this thread, I checked mine again with the log in information received last weekend. I thought I had everything in, but my status said otherwise. How do you even know what's missing?

For the requirements, for AADSAS Record/Transcripts and PS Transcripts Official 1, there are no received dates displayed. Does that mean I am missing those items? I am getting confused now.

I am a Cali resident and got the email over the weekend but the status descriptions are weird like the poster said above

I finally got the login info. It says I am also missing items, but I know for a fact that I am not. Also, my link to pay the supplemental fee online is not working. Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble accessing the "quikpay" site?

I finally got the login info. It says I am also missing items, but I know for a fact that I am not. Also, my link to pay the supplemental fee online is not working. Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble accessing the "quikpay" site?

Hmm, when I logged in last weekend, I was able to pay the fee without any trouble.

Hmm, when I logged in last weekend, I was able to pay the fee without any trouble.

Thanks for the feedback! I was finally able to make the payment as well. Goodness, this school is causing me a lot of trouble!

Great. I finally get login to pay but my app is listed as Incomplete - Items Outstanding.

Does anyone status on the portal listed as "complete"

In the in the middle table after your name and address info.

Great. I finally get login to pay but my app is listed as Incomplete - Items Outstanding.

Does anyone status on the portal listed as "complete"

In the in the middle table after your name and address info.

Mine says incomplete as well.

I am from GA. After reading this thread, I checked mine again with the log in information received last weekend. I thought I had everything in, but my status said otherwise. How do you even know what's missing?

For the requirements, for AADSAS Record/Transcripts and PS Transcripts Official 1, there are no received dates displayed. Does that mean I am missing those items? I am getting confused now.

Last edited:
Has anyone who's online portal that's listed as "Incomplete - Items Outstanding" that shouldn't be see an update or been able to reach anyone at the school?

Has anyone who's online portal that's listed as "Incomplete - Items Outstanding" that shouldn't be see an update or been able to reach anyone at the school?

I contacted school, and they updated my status. I do not have to turn in TOEFL now, and my transcripts are all updated. YEAH! I just have to pay for secondary now...

I contacted school, and they updated my status. I do not have to turn in TOEFL now, and my transcripts are all updated. YEAH! I just have to pay for secondary now...

did you call or email them?

already paid my secondary. my aadsas portal for UIC was changed from "Received/Under Review" to "Received/Awaiting Additional Information".

I noted the discrepancy between the UIC portal and AADSAS portal earlier, but wrote it off as unimportant since AADSAS reassured me they had sent everything, but now that my status has changed I'm no longer sure what to make of it. I sent an email to the assistant director of admissions listed on the school's website. We'll see what happens - anyone else have this happen?

I just noticed that too. We are both in the same boat. I'm getting a headache from this.

already paid my secondary. my aadsas portal for UIC was changed from "Received/Under Review" to "Received/Awaiting Additional Information".

I noted the discrepancy between the UIC portal and AADSAS portal earlier, but wrote it off as unimportant since AADSAS reassured me they had sent everything, but now that my status has changed I'm no longer sure what to make of it. I sent an email to the assistant director of admissions listed on the school's website. We'll see what happens - anyone else have this happen?

Same here!!!!
On their portal, it shows that the only thing they have is my online payment. They seriously need to update all the information!! I applied to eight schools and UIC is the only school that didn't receive anything other than the payment? Doesn't make sense to me.... all the other schools received all my information and my application is complete!! They don't even have a phone number where I can make a phone call to see what is going on. Oh yea, on AADSAS it says the same thing "Received/ Awaiting additional information".