University of Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dochubert

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to look into several different IM programs to apply to for next year and I was wonderng if anyone new how competitive the University of Indiana program is? I am a USIMG with decent board scores and good LOR's. According to the site, it looks like a pretty good program and I was just wondering if anyone might have some additional information, ie average board scores and any other info that you might have heard.

Members don't see this ad.

Indiana University at Indianapolis? I don't know anything but I am guessing it should be competitive because it is ranked #28 in the latest US News rankings of Internal Medicine departments:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=113401

Though the US News rankings are not good indicators of the quality or ranking of residency programs, I believe they are pretty fair indicators of the competitiveness of the programs.

Hope someone has more beef about IU. :thumbup:

I am actually in this program.

I would encourage you to apply. It was a more competitive class this year, having accepted something like 7 or 8 FMGs, which is a difference from last year.

Still, there are many US IMG's in our program, and everyone fits in nicely.

Its a great program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree IU is an excellent program. Had a chance to rotate there...

I just finished 4th year at IU (T-8 days and counting to graduation) and I would highly recommend you take a look at it and apply. The IM program has really been rising in reputation in the last few years, mainly because of strong word-of-mouth. I know I felt very happy about both the training and the personalities of the faculty, and with 4 hospitals there is a significant diversity of patient population from rotation to rotation. The only reason I didn't rank IU #1 and match there is because I wanted to live in another state for a few years before I (hopefully) return to Indiana to settle. IU also has a reputation for being IMG-friendly, unlike a few places I interviewed at where IMG's basically didn't bother applying. If you have good board scores, grades and LOR's, you should be able to land an interview and take a look at it for youself.