University of Iowa c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kp563

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Just starting this thread for University of Iowa applicants. Feel free to leave questions/comments on the application process. I applied early decision and I got accepted. The interview process was very chill and the staff were really friendly. I'm so glad the process is now over! Good luck to all those that are applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I got an interview for Jan 28th!! I am so excited! Any advice or tips on the interview process??

Hey! I got an interview for Jan 28th!! I am so excited! Any advice or tips on the interview process??
Congrats!!!! Here's a link on the type of interview questions they will ask you: https://schools.studentdoctor.net/s...terview-feedback/1?kwd=University%20of%20iowa

Tips:
1. Definitely who know to answer how you handle diversity and read up on current issues that will affect future pharmacist.
2. Make sure you have real life stories to tell the interviewers and also a few questions for both the pharmd and P3 student.
3. Be honest with yourself of why you want to be a pharmacist and why Iowa. Don't give cliches responses (I.e. I want to be a pharmacist because I like to help people.) You'll be surprise how ppl stumble and ramble through their response.
4. Best advice I got from a mentor who was on the admission committee was time yourself when you're practicing. Try to answer a question within 2 mins. More than that...they tune you out and wish that you're don't talking, unless it's an interesting story.
5. Don't wear perfume/cologne. Maybe it's nice to you, but may be strong for someone else.
6. Dress professional.
7. Smile. Show confidence. Try to relax and just have fun.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!! I got in so I'm super excited for you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there, I was interviewed on the 28th as well, did you hear from them, I am so nervous.

Not yet!! I emailed Richard and he said they will let me know in a couple of weeks! How do you think you did?

Hey there, I was interviewed on the 28th as well, did you hear from them, I am so nervous.
Not yet!! I emailed Richard and he said they will let me know in a couple of weeks! How do you think you did?

I thought I did okay but I started to get nervous,, I emailed Richard too and he told me they will be done with all the applications by the end of this week. Hopefully we will hear some good news soon.

I thought I did okay but I started to get nervous,, I emailed Richard too and he told me they will be done with all the applications by the end of this week. Hopefully we will hear some good news soon.

I still haven't heard back yet! Have you? I am starting to get pretty nervous...
Yes! Hopefully.