2018 University of Iowa college of pharmacy class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepharm425

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Whose applying to the university of Iowa college of pharmacy for next year!? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have! I am waiting to hear back from them.

Hey everyone! Whose applying to the university of Iowa college of pharmacy for next year!? :)

I also applied back in October.
This thread seems pretty quiet...Maybe it's still too early. Wish you guys the best! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I'm interviewing on Jan 25th. Good luck to you guys!

Congrats!
I saw you on Colorado thread too, would you still go for Iowa interview if you get in to CU?
I really like CU, but I know Iowa is higher in ranking..

I am also interviewing on the same day! Will you be attending the meet and greet the day before?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!
I saw you on Colorado thread too, would you still go for Iowa interview if you get in to CU?
I am also interviewing on the same day! Will you be attending the meet and greet the day before?
I'm still torn between the two programs tbh, but I don't think I'll hear back from Colorado before my Iowa interview so I'm very likely to go to. I'm definitely arriving at least a day ahead so I'll probably be at the meet and greet!

Congrats!
Did you interview at CU already too? :)

I received interview invite too and scheduled for Feb.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I'm withdrawing from the interview since I was accepted into CU. Good luck to everyone interviewing for Iowa!

Hello everyone!

My interview is on February 1st. So nervous. This is my number one pick and I am out of state

Awesome! Will you be at the meet and greet? Are you in state?
I am thinking about it! No, I am out of state.
Oh wait, you are interviewing on Feb. 1st? Sorry, I thought for some reason you said you are interviewing on Jan. 25.
Yeah, I have it this weekend! so nervous!

I am thinking about it! No, I am out of state.
Oh wait, you are interviewing on Feb. 1st? Sorry, I thought for some reason you said you are interviewing on Jan. 25.
Yeah, I have it this weekend! so nervous!

I know the feeling! I am trying to be calm about everything but my stats are pretty low so I have to do extremely well on the interview! Good luck to you! Shake the nerves

I know the feeling! I am trying to be calm about everything but my stats are pretty low so I have to do extremely well on the interview! Good luck to you! Shake the nerves
Thank you! :) You too!

submitted my application in november. Haven't heard anything. Stats are pretty low but I have really good work experience and even medical lab research experience. I'm graduating from the university of iowa in may with a bachelors so i hope that helps. literally praying to get accepted here </3

submitted my application in november. Haven't heard anything. Stats are pretty low but I have really good work experience and even medical lab research experience. I'm graduating from the university of iowa in may with a bachelors so i hope that helps. literally praying to get accepted here </3

Yes I am praying to get accepted here too. This was my first choice!

If anyone's interviewing this Saturday in the morning from 8-12 and has to go to the airport, could you give me a ride? I am willing to pay. Or, we could ride taxi together so that it's less expensive...? :)

Iowa is a great school, sucks most of us won't hear anything till late April/ Early May

Hey! Those of you who interviewed this weekend....how was it?

Hey! Those of you who interviewed this weekend....how was it?

I think it went fine. It was very laid back and short compared to other schools I interviewed at. I like to think I am confident about the whole thing, but I keep waking up in the middle of the night worrying about it!! Has anyone heard back yet?

I think it went fine. It was very laid back and short compared to other schools I interviewed at. I like to think I am confident about the whole thing, but I keep waking up in the middle of the night worrying about it!! Has anyone heard back yet?

No I haven't heard back yet. It should be sometime this month, right?

No I haven't heard back yet. It should be sometime this month, right?

Yeah.. I think so. I may have been mistaken, but didn't Dean Kelly say something about the first group of interviewees will know by Feb 10? Or that the "auto-in's (what a scary term)" will hear back by the 10th at the very least...?

Hey everyone, I interviewed at Iowa this past weekend. I will most likely be pulling my application as I got an offer from my instate school. Hope that helps those still waiting.

Hey everyone, I interviewed at Iowa this past weekend. I will most likely be pulling my application as I got an offer from my instate school. Hope that helps those still waiting.

Congratulations!! Where did you get accepted? It's good to be in state... Iowa is my first choice and in-state so I'm especially nervous for this one :) Congrats again!

I got an offer from the University of Minnesota on Tuesday. I went to Iowa for undergrad and really liked it but Minnesota is a lot cheaper. Don't be nervous you should be fine. Did you interview already?

I got an offer from the University of Minnesota on Tuesday. I went to Iowa for undergrad and really liked it but Minnesota is a lot cheaper. Don't be nervous you should be fine. Did you interview already?

I did interview on the 25th last month :) Oh, I think I remember you! I can't place a face, but I do recall someone doing undergrad here and being from Minnesota! Thanks :) Like a lot of people, waiting is the worst part!

Definitely, and since you interviewed early on in Iowa's dates you will probably hear back soon from them which is good. I was super happy and a bit surprised to get the offer from Minnesota but since I did I might as well help out and pull my application out of consideration so they can focus on others like you!

Minnesota is a great place :) I'm glad you got in (not solely because it frees up space for other applicants)!! Congrats again! Hard work pays off :)

Thanks, and it really does if you set your mind to it the sky is the limit. If you don't mind me asking what kind of stats do you have?

Thanks, and it really does if you set your mind to it the sky is the limit. If you don't mind me asking what kind of stats do you have?

I got my B.S in Biology at Iowa State University, a 3.38 gpa and an 82 on the PCAT. I unfortunately don't have any previous pharmacy experience but I have lab experience and TA-ing experience... and other random extracurriculars (orchestra, video gaming clubs) that show that I'm not just a sit at home and study all day kind of person haha! I applied to UMKC, Creighton, UI, Drake University, University of Tennessee, and University of Kentucky and I have gotten interviews to all the schools but withdrew from Tennessee and Kentucky because I got accepted to UMKC. I paid my deposit there so that school is officially my back up! :) How about you? :D

I have a B.S. in physiology from Iowa with chemistry minor with a 3.25 gpa and a 90 pact. I had 3.5 years of volunteering at UIHC and then 2 years of full time tech work at walgreens. I took 2 years off from undergrad to get the extra experience. I applied to Iowa, Minnesota, Creighton, Tennessee, Midwestern both glendale and downers grove, Illinois Chicago and Colorado. I also got interview invites to all schools and so far had been accepted to Tennessee, Midwestern in downers grove and Minnesota. I interviewed at Colorado and Iowa but withdrew creighton, midwestern in glendale and Illinios Chicago prior to interviews. I will also withdraw Iowa, colorado before a decision and i declined midwestern and tennessee.

Being in Iowa City is great for getting that clinical/hands on experience! Great stats! :) I'm glad that the application process is finally winding down... was Minnesota your first choice or were you torn between home and your alma mater? ;)

I was torn between the two and then with what tennessee had to offer as well made thing really messy. In the end both Tennessee and Iowa were a little steep in the out of state tuition category and I also figured it might be good to do the pharm.D. in a new location.

I was torn between the two and then with what tennessee had to offer as well made thing really messy. In the end both Tennessee and Iowa were a little steep in the out of state tuition category and I also figured it might be good to do the pharm.D. in a new location.

That makes sense. Yeah, I missed out on Tennessee... they were the first out of the schools I applied for to invite me to interview! I have heard great things about them as well. Thanks for talking this out with me on here! I feel a bit better after talking to someone who is in the same boat as me!

Your most welcome I also had good insight on Iowa's program going into the application cycle because my roommate from undergrad is a 2nd year student there.

Also don't sweat tennessee too much it is a nice program and school but Iowa is right there with it in terms of its program and you will come out ahead by not having a mountain of student loans.

I am trying my hardest not to freak out, but I can't help it! I still haven't gotten an interview invite and I know 2/22 is the last interview date. My stats aren't amazing but I have a lot of other aspects to my application that I feel made it strong. :( I feel so crummy

Hi all~ has anyone gotten an email or anything from the school?

Hi all~ has anyone gotten an email or anything from the school?
Hmm I don't think they send notices out about interview decisions until March? not too sure though

Last edited:
I am trying my hardest not to freak out, but I can't help it! I still haven't gotten an interview invite and I know 2/22 is the last interview date. My stats aren't amazing but I have a lot of other aspects to my application that I feel made it strong. :( I feel so crummy
I got an interview email on Friday (2/7) for the Feb 22 interview after submitting my supplemental on 11/11. From the email it makes me feel as if they are going through their last couple piles of applicants. Definitely still possible they may be sending more emails out this week though

"We are still interviewing candidates for positions in our class of 2018. Our final interview day is February 22. I know it is short notice but if you would be interested I would invite you for a visit. Please respond if you would like to continue to pursue admission. "

Did anyone get an email from the school after you had interview on Jan 25th?

Did anyone get an email from the school after you had interview on Jan 25th?

I interviewed the morning of the 25th and have yet to hear anything. I have also talked to others and no one has heard. Hopefully in the near future!