SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

University of Iowa, College of Pharmacy, Class of 2022 Application

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by sunnynuyn, Dec 29, 2017.

1. sunnynuyn

sunnynuyn

May 29, 2017
    [deleted]
    Anyone who is applying for U of Iowa Pharmacy School Class of 2022 is welcomed to leave questions here. I want this thread to become a place for people like us to discuss any problems in the application process for this cycle. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. capri1722

capri1722 CU Skaggs c/o 2022

Nov 14, 2017
  4. dreamcatcher28

dreamcatcher28

Jan 2, 2018
    Re you in state or out of state applicant ? Do you mind share your status ?

5. sunnynuyn

sunnynuyn

May 29, 2017
    I'm an instate applicant so I'm craving for Iowa admission decision to get the low tuition.

6. dreamcatcher28

dreamcatcher28

Jan 2, 2018
    I am in state as well. Which town in Iowa re u from ? Re u doing still undergrad or graduated already? I just put in my application, so I am waiting for interview invitation

7. sunnynuyn

sunnynuyn

May 29, 2017
    [deleted]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  8. dreamcatcher28

dreamcatcher28

Jan 2, 2018
    Thanks for sharing. Are you from Iowa City or where re you originally from ? Did you do all your prerequisite at UI ? Which interview day that you chose? I am from Cedar Rapids. I had bachelor in Biology from Iowa with 3.6 GPA this year, all prerequisites 3.8 GPA, PCAT is 90% and I had different extracurricular activities as well, but I don’t have pharmacy experience either. I think you got that early interview invitation because your really high GPA and PCAT score. They just received mine this week so I think they would send me invitation soon too. You will be fine you just need to be yourself during interview. Good luck on that

9. sunnynuyn

sunnynuyn

May 29, 2017
    Wow your stats look good too. A bachelor degree is a huge plus!
    I'm originally from Vietnam but have been living in Iowa City for seven years. I've been doing all my science prerequisites at Iowa, except statistics and physics as well as other prerequisites and electives which I took at a community college.
    I've picked the January 20th 12:45 (not a morning person though :D ). I'm sure they'll give you an offer. But anyway, how many schools have you applied for?

10. dreamcatcher28

dreamcatcher28

Jan 2, 2018
    That’s nice !! I have some Vietnamese friends too in Cedar Rapids. Do you mind I ask what is your Vietnamese name ? Which community college that you took classes from ? Are you in VSA at Iowa ? I applied 10 places I just want to get in somewhere :)

11. sunnynuyn

sunnynuyn

May 29, 2017
    Sorry but I'll keep it secret though (kinda shy :D) I took those classes at Kirkwood. And when I'm at Iowa, I have to work a lot of hours so I haven't join any club or organization. Kinda an introvert, also. :D
    Wow, that's a lot of money, 10 schools! I'm 100% sure that you'll get an offer at least from half of them with your good stats.

12. dreamcatcher28

dreamcatcher28

Jan 2, 2018
    Yeah I was broke after that. How many places that you applied to? Are u working on campus ? Did you live different state beside Iowa or you just came straight from Vietnam to here ?

13. sunnynuyn

sunnynuyn

May 29, 2017
    I've only applied for Iowa. If I don't get it this time, I'll keep trying only for Iowa because I want to stay closed to my family.
    No, I work outside campus.
    I came straight to Iowa from Vietnam. That was a shock to me because I came here in the winter but I kinda get used to the cold now. The snow is pretty though.

14. dreamcatcher28

dreamcatcher28

Jan 2, 2018
    Yeah I am sure it was a shock for you. It been super cold lately. Which city are you from in Vietnam ? You just came straight from Vietnam to Iowa city or different town in Iowa? Hope you will get in this time. Maybe we would be in same class ;)

15. sunnynuyn

sunnynuyn

May 29, 2017
    I lived in Cedar Rapids for a year before moving to Iowa City and have been living here since then.
    I hope to see you in the same class too. I promise I'll tell you my name then :D

16. gphigirl2013

gphigirl2013

Jul 28, 2016
    Hi everyone! I just received my invitation to interview! I will be coming from out of state (Boise, ID). I think I am going to chose the February 10th date from 12:45-4:30. Will anyone else be attending this interview?

17. xilent214

xilent214

Jan 11, 2018
    Hey, I am originally from Iowa City too and just submitted my application last week haha. Kinda worried because my PCAT score is not as high as I want but fingers crossed.

18. sunnynuyn

sunnynuyn

May 29, 2017
    Have you done your prerequisites at the University of Iowa? I've learned that the average PCAT score in 2016 for Iowa pharmacy admission is 68% so if you get above 70% you should be fine.

19. xilent214

xilent214

Jan 11, 2018
    I actually got a 68. I got in the 90’s for bio and chem. I got a 59 in math because I wasn’t watching the time so I got thru like half of it and then reading is what really brought it down Lolol

20. sunnynuyn

sunnynuyn

May 29, 2017
    Do you have any pharmacy experience and/or bachelor degree (with a GPA above 3.5)? The admission committee often prefers those.

21. xilent214

xilent214

Jan 11, 2018
    My math and science GPA is 3.54 and overall is 3.75. And I have never worked as a pharm tech but I am an interpreter at the free medical clinic and i work with the pharmacy students there.

22. sunnynuyn

sunnynuyn

May 29, 2017
    Your stats look good to me!

23. xilent214

xilent214

Jan 11, 2018
    Thanks!!! I hope so