University of Iowa Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatfun

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question:

I'm a non-resident applying to University of Iowa and they recently told me they needed a copy of my transcript. This was strange because nowhere is it mentioned or requested in their application instructions and I have not even received an interview request from them.

The thing that's even stranger is that nobody contacted me asking for the transcript!

Can other Iowa applicants tell me if they've been asked for their transcript? Also, if they have, what has usually followed? I thought schools don't usually ask for it until you're accepted or invited for an interview, at least.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

U Iowa hasn't asked for my transcripts yet, but I am an in-state applicant so maybe that accounts for it. Have you gotten an interview with them yet? Good luck to you!

No, no interview yet. An administrator there told me my file was complete in late September, but I heard nothing, so I called them on Monday and that's when they said they needed my transcript.:confused:

I'm out of state for Iowa. I called 11/14 and was told that my file was complete but had not been reviewed by the committee yet. I have not submitted a transcript and they did not request one from me.

Anton