1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

University of iowa

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ssf77, Oct 11, 2002.

1. ssf77

ssf77 Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone received an interview invite from University of Iowa? Or has anyone been to the interview already?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Woots32

Woots32 kinda funky, kinda fine
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I recieved an invite from them in mid-Sept, about a week or so after my evaluators FINALLY submitted that stupid online evaluation thing. The rest of my secondary was in early August. I have an interview there on Tuesday! :clap:

4. ssf77

ssf77 Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah...what is up with that dumb IEF. My application isn't complete but I have my interview in two weeks. Have you been to Iowa before? I am afraid its going to be nothing but corn fields...just like Illinois! Do you know anyone who has interviewed there before and their opinions on the school?

5. Woots32

Woots32 kinda funky, kinda fine
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I actually used to date a guy who worked in Iowa City, so I've spent quite a bit of time there. I liked the town - they have a pretty nice pedestrian area near the undergrad campus, and the Coralville mall isn't bad at all. I actually walked through one of their hospitals to get to a football game once! But I really don't know all that much about the med school. Iowa is pretty similar to U of I in Chambana, I think - maybe a little nicer. Hope that helps! :)