University of Kansas .. Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Science Girl

wanderer
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am sooooo excited for next fall and feel so grateful that I had my acceptance letter 3 weeks after my interview ..[I can sleep peacefully.. *phew*..]

Has anyone else heard from University of Kansas School of Pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on April 03 but I have not heard anything yet. I am now nervous.

I interviewed on April 03 but I have not heard anything yet. I am now nervous.

Hope you will have yours as soon as possible; I don't think you need to be worried and nervous... How is your GPA and PCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still havent gotten a letter - I know know quite a few people that have received theirs, even people that interviewed after me ---- Getting a little discouraged, not gonna lie.

Hearing from current students, they can send letters to applicants that interviewed after you but It does not mean they are done with you. In the past years some students did not receive their letter until end of June. I interviewed on 04/03 and have not received anything yet either. I think It's too early to be discouraged.Maybe next week who knows? Keep hanging and good luck!!!

Hearing from current students, they can send letters to applicants that interviewed after you but It does not mean they are done with you. In the past years some students did not receive their letter until end of June. I interviewed on 04/03 and have not received anything yet either. I think It's too early to be discouraged.Maybe next week who knows? Keep hanging and good luck!!!

Yeah, I know - I interviewed April 1, just waiting!

I heard staright from a Dean's mouth that they were trying to get them all sent out in the next week - he told me that Thursday... so hopefully soon!

But I have A&P left to take this summer though.

Have you already enrolled in A&P for summer? I think you need to do asap so when they receive your transcript once grades are available, it will show that your are enrolled in A&P for summer.. so I don't think that will cause a problem... I still have to take 3 credit hours during summer...

Yea..Exactly,, Dr Ragan said that when I met with him in Feb.

btw guys, my organic chemistry and general chemistry instructors encouraged me to take biochemistry before starting pharm classes this fall b/c they believe that many strong student with high academic achievements went through some difficulties understanding medicinal chemistry (this course greatly depends on solid foundation in biochem),, so I just wanted to let you know in case that benefits you .. I enrolled in biochem for summer besides the 3 cr. hrs

Members don't see this ad :)
wowwww!!! I got both ku and umkc today. Got accepted in both. Congrats to all. It paid finally to be little patient. Now, I need to do some thinking.

wowwww!!! I got both ku and umkc today. Got accepted in both. Congrats to all. It paid finally to be little patient. Now, I need to do some thinking.

Wow! Congrats!!!!! Exactly what did the UMKC letter look like? The envelope? I am in Texas and have not received mine yet. I am excited for you!

Congratulations!!! =) .. I told you; you wouldn't be rejected ... Now, which school's offer are you going to accept? :)

I don't know yet but I am more likely to go to KU because of the 4 years. I think that will one more opportunity for you tm. I have read your posts and determination and I think you deserve to be in. I received the letter before you maybe because I am just 10mn from Umkc and the post office; yours will be there by tuesday with a good news:). It's just a regular envelope nothing big. Also, thank you Sciencegirl for your support and who knows we might be in the same class this semester. Again, good luck tm God wants you in.

I don't know yet but I am more likely to go to KU because of the 4 years. I think that will one more opportunity for you tm. I have read your posts and determination and I think you deserve to be in. I received the letter before you maybe because I am just 10mn from Umkc and the post office; yours will be there by tuesday with a good news:). It's just a regular envelope nothing big. Also, thank you Sciencegirl for your support and who knows we might be in the same class this semester. Again, good luck tm God wants you in.

That is awesome, thank you for the encouraging words. I feel that if KU offers a 4 year program and you can start practicing pharmacy a year earlier, then go for it. Congrats again and I wish you all the luck in the future.

Last edited:

yea, who knows =) .. Good luck on choosing whatever you think is better for you :)

And good luck tm79602, hope you hear from UMKC asap! =)

I have!!! I will see you in the fall! It's funny because I thought I completely screwed up my interview.

I also got accepted into UMKC

Last edited:
I am just now finishing my 3P year and I am looking for another pharmacy student as a roommate for next year, so if any of you guys are looking for a place to live, email me at [email protected] and i can give you more info.

I am in the class of 2014! Got my letter about a week and a half ago.

Has the Facebook group been started yet?

I am in the class of 2014! Got my letter about a week and a half ago.

Has the Facebook group been started yet?

Congrats!! brittnic2008 =)

It hasn't started yet ... I am not sure who is gonna start the facebook group for our class, maybe the pharm ambassadors will on the first day of classes

I still haven't heard from KU. Does anyone know if this means I'm rejected or waitlisted. I thought by now everyone would know their status.

I still haven't heard from KU. Does anyone know if this means I'm rejected or waitlisted. I thought by now everyone would know their status.

Probably neither one of them ... When did you have your interview? and how is you GPA and PCAT score?

Probably neither one of them ... When did you have your interview? and how is you GPA and PCAT score?

What do you mean probably neither. There's only 3 choices, accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. 71 PCAT and 3.8 gpa. Does anyone know if ALL letters have gone out?

What do you mean probably neither. There's only 3 choices, accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. 71 PCAT and 3.8 gpa. Does anyone know if ALL letters have gone out?

lol..I meant you are neither rejected nor waitlisted... I guess you just have to wait; you have good GPA and PCAT.. ... KU will keep sending letters to applicants until June b/c some applicants have KU as a back-up plan so the answer is that not ALL letters have gone out!!

lol..I meant you are neither rejected nor waitlisted... I guess you just have to wait; you have good GPA and PCAT.. ... KU will keep sending letters to applicants until June b/c some applicants have KU as a back-up plan so the answer is that not ALL letters have gone out!!

Thanks Science Girl, you are kind. Maybe I'll see you this fall, if not the best of luck to you!!!! Congrats

I had a 71 PCAT and a 3.5 GPA. I didn't work in a pharmacy, just had a few shadowing hours. I applied to the school after switching from pre-med so most of my medical experience was in that direction. I was accepted to KU and UMKC so I'm sure you'll get a letter soon

I had a 71 PCAT and a 3.5 GPA. I didn't work in a pharmacy, just had a few shadowing hours. I applied to the school after switching from pre-med so most of my medical experience was in that direction. I was accepted to KU and UMKC so I'm sure you'll get a letter soon

Congrats!!! :) ...I didn't work as a pharm-tech; I just had about 130 hours of volunteering and shadowing...So really having some pharm experience means that we just have to know what pharmacists do.. GPA and PCAT are to judge applicants =)

Are you gonna go to KU OR UMKC? :)

Thanks Science Girl, you are kind. Maybe I'll see you this fall, if not the best of luck to you!!!! Congrats

YOU WILL GET Pharmco ... I was kinda depressed after I had my interview and I almost lost hope, but I got my letter ... I can feel what you are going through, but you have very good GPA and PCAT ... You will get in :thumbup:

Has anyone got any follow-up letters. It said in the acceptance letter that they were going to send out more information to those that got accepted, but I haven't gotten anything yet. Its been a couple weeks

Has anyone got any follow-up letters. It said in the acceptance letter that they were going to send out more information to those that got accepted, but I haven't gotten anything yet. Its been a couple weeks

I haven't received any follow-up letters. Maybe they are waiting on this semester's transcripts before they send anything else..that's my guess

Wow!! This thread is more than 4 yrs old. It's been a journey. Rock Chalk Jayhawk! :D