luckycharms

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2005
Status
hi guys,
i was perusing student doctor + mdapplicants and i noticed that ppl from random places (i.e. california) were applying to university of kansas medical school, and i was a bit confused. i don't get it, i'm assuming that KU is on their lower-tier/safety school list, but wy apply to KU? aren't state med schools hard to get into, so it wouldn't really be a "safety"? my main question is this: is KU a good medical school and do people really desire to go there? what do y'all think?

evajaclynn

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2004
Kansas City
Status
Medical Student
luckycharms said:
hi guys,
i was perusing student doctor + mdapplicants and i noticed that ppl from random places (i.e. california) were applying to university of kansas medical school, and i was a bit confused. i don't get it, i'm assuming that KU is on their lower-tier/safety school list, but wy apply to KU? aren't state med schools hard to get into, so it wouldn't really be a "safety"? my main question is this: is KU a good medical school and do people really desire to go there? what do y'all think?
I'm a first year at KU Med and really enjoy it here. Its actually fairly competitive for out of state students to get accepted here, though there are out of state students in my class. If you have any questions about the school, I'd be happy to answer them!

titoincali

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2004
SW
Status
Attending Physician
luckycharms said:
hi guys,
I applied there because, although I live in California, I have family in Kasas City and it would be nice to be near family or friends through med school.

Messerschmitts

Mythic Dawn acolyte
10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2005
Gilroy, CA
Status
Attending Physician
Californians have no choice but to apply EVERYWHERE!!! :p They're all hard to get into. However, with state schools like KU, you gotta just roll the dice, and who knows.