cinnamoroll12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Has anyone (other than ED applicants) heard from admissions yet? The waiting is killing me right now. I thought they said they're going to start interviewing people in November.

kygal20006

10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2007
Kentucky
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I was just up there on monday, and they are interviewing people this weekend to be exact..The next set of interviews she said would be in Feb. Like you said the waiting is killing me

About the Ads

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I interviewed people on 11/21 in the social interview, I haven't heard of any acceptance info being sent out just yet, it should be any time though.

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
They sent out acceptance e-mails today.

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I was interviewing people in the small room outside the lobby, there were 3 of us in there and I was the younger guy.

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Oh and congrats on the acceptance!

zrhim

Accepted Pharmacy student
10+ Year Member
May 5, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I got the acceptance email yesterday. I 'm so excited !!

zrhim

Accepted Pharmacy student
10+ Year Member
May 5, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi!
I have some questions for current UK pharmacy students. are there some nice and not so expensive places( 1 or 2 bedrooms under $900) near the college that are pet friendly( I have 3 parrots:))?
How does P1 schedule look like?
I live in the northern kentucky area so I was thinking of commuting the first week or two to see if I can manage that.( its about an hour drive). do you guys think that it would be hard to commute? its just that we have a house to sell and my husband works here.
We either have to sell the house and both move to lexington and he would have to commute to work, or I will commute to lexington, I don't know what to do. I know it's too early to make a decision yet. But any suggestions would be appreciated.

cinnamoroll12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Just for heads up, they're going to send out notifications tomorrow for those who get invited for their final round of interviews in Feb 23 and 24.

gogoomaparis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can share the interview questions that were asked during UK interview.

About the Ads

gogoomaparis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
There were two "interview" sessions with several questions. I see you are a 'Pharmacy Student,' so why are you concerned with UK's interview questions?

Actually, I'm not a pharmacy student yet.
I just got an invitation from UK for an interview and I was wondering what kind of questions they ask.

ValeRx

Not Retail
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Actually, I'm not a pharmacy student yet.
I just got an invitation from UK for an interview and I was wondering what kind of questions they ask.

Ok, so don't you think you should change your status to Pre-Pharmacy Student rather than Pharmacy Student? Seems like you are misrepresenting yourself.

Questions ranged from why I wanted to be a pharmacist to my favorite class I've taken. I wasn't asked anything crazy like if my mom, my best friend or my wife was about to die, who would I save. They were standard questions I'd say. They also asked to describe a situation in which I have organized three or more people and worked towards a common goal. Also to explain a situation in which I took criticism, and how I dealt with it.

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Questions ranged from why I wanted to be a pharmacist to my favorite class I've taken. I wasn't asked anything crazy like if my mom, my best friend or my wife was about to die, who would I save...

You're lucky we ran out of time, that was going to be the next question! :smuggrin:

pharmacyanalyst

10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2007
L-ville, Ky
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi!
I have some questions for current UK pharmacy students. are there some nice and not so expensive places( 1 or 2 bedrooms under $900) near the college that are pet friendly( I have 3 parrots:))?
How does P1 schedule look like?
I live in the northern kentucky area so I was thinking of commuting the first week or two to see if I can manage that.( its about an hour drive). do you guys think that it would be hard to commute? its just that we have a house to sell and my husband works here.
We either have to sell the house and both move to lexington and he would have to commute to work, or I will commute to lexington, I don't know what to do. I know it's too early to make a decision yet. But any suggestions would be appreciated.

There is someone on this board that commuted from Louisville to Lexington to go to UK so it's definetly possible.

Criz

Sullivan c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Interviewed today. Feel pretty good about the interview, but I heard there are only about 25 seats left. Guess we'll wait and see how it goes.

About the Ads

PharmD2013

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Has anyone heard anything? They told us it would be 2 - 2 1/2 weeks and I haven't heard anything. Today makes 2 1/2 weeks. I don't think that's a good sign. Please let me know if anyone out there has been accepted for the last round of interviews.

gogoomaparis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Has anyone heard anything? They told us it would be 2 - 2 1/2 weeks and I haven't heard anything. Today makes 2 1/2 weeks. I don't think that's a good sign. Please let me know if anyone out there has been accepted for the last round of interviews.

I was told about 2-3 weeks, so you'll probably hear by next week.
Don't worry, it's not just you^^

gogoomaparis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Can anyone tell me what it means by conditional acceptance?
I received an email saying that I was accepted to UK pharmacy school, and they need my response to the 'conditional acceptance' by March 18. Does this mean I am indicating that I will be attending UK?

ValeRx

Not Retail
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Conditional acceptance means that you are accepted pending certain conditions. More specifically, earn no less than a C in any pre-requisite course, attend the one day event in May, then 3 day Pre-Professional workshop in August. If you fail to meet any of those requirements, your acceptance may be rescinded.

PharmD2013

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I have a hard choice between UK and Creighton. However, I live 50 miles from Lexington and would have to commute. I wonder how difficult that would be? Any advice for me? :)

ValeRx

Not Retail
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Well, I live in Cincinnati so I'm about 100 miles or so from Lexington and will most likely be moving there so I dunno. I guess for you it's a decision between out of state tuition and commuting.

gogoomaparis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I have to choose between University of Wisconsin and UK.
I would appreciate if anyone could give me some advice. Thanks.

samuricool

10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Well, I live in Cincinnati so I'm about 100 miles or so from Lexington and will most likely be moving there so I dunno. I guess for you it's a decision between out of state tuition and commuting.

Creighton is a private school, so there is just tuition, no instate or out of state tuition difference. And since he is worried about commuting 50 miles as opposed to just moving closer to UK, im gunna guess he was accepted to the distance pathway at Creighton.

About the Ads

ValeRx

Not Retail
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Creighton is a private school, so there is just tuition, no instate or out of state tuition difference. And since he is worried about commuting 50 miles as opposed to just moving closer to UK, im gunna guess he was accepted to the distance pathway at Creighton.

I have a hard enough time staying focused with a simple online class. I could never do PharmD coursework via a distance pathway.

tmc

10+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i just got an email saying i'm in the hold pool.
does anyone ever get accepted from the hold pool?

OTFuturePharmD

10+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Did anyone else get the email with the handbook and request for deposit? I got it today. I am super excited that I got accepted, but I find it tough to swallow that I only have about 3 days to come up with the $1000. Right now it's between paying for food to eat and a roof over my head or paying this deposit in the next couple of days. Tough choice. I just don't understand how come they don't give us more time to put down the deposit. I will have to call and talk to them to see if there is anything else I can do. This is so dissapointing. :(

bigben327

10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
has anyone not received anything at all from UK concerning this last round of interviews? i have yet to receive anything about my status at all. I don't know if this is a bad thing or not.

ValeRx

Not Retail
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Did anyone else get the email with the handbook and request for deposit? I got it today. I am super excited that I got accepted, but I find it tough to swallow that I only have about 3 days to come up with the $1000. Right now it's between paying for food to eat and a roof over my head or paying this deposit in the next couple of days. Tough choice. I just don't understand how come they don't give us more time to put down the deposit. I will have to call and talk to them to see if there is anything else I can do. This is so dissapointing. :(

I was lucky enough to have my parents to spot me half the deposit, the other half I covered myself but it ate up all the extra money I had been saving.

OTFuturePharmD

10+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
ValeUC I am glad you were able to work out getting the deposit. Unfortunately I am in a unique situation were I can't go to parents and everything has to come out of my pocket. I'll talk to the Adcom. I hope they are understanding. If not, I am still waiting to hear from other schools next month. I should have the money for a deposit by then. Well, as my mentor would say, "sometimes things don't work out how we planned, but they work out just fine in the end."

kypharmgirl

10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i got the same emaill.......yea i wonder if anyone gets accepted off of it

I received the same email, wasn't sure what to think about it, but was just glad it wasn't a rejection email. Keep your faith. I just received a call today and I'm in!!!!! Couldn't be more excited! Good luck and GO CATS!!!!

Lawdog

Oct 28, 2009
Status (Visible)
Hi. I hope I'm in the right spot...

I was hoping I could ask for some guidance here.

My wife is prepping to apply to pharmacy school. We live in KY so it's UK and Sullivan that she will be applying to.

I was hoping that she would not procrastinate but, alas I have discovered that she has been procrastinating in applying so I have stepped in to "assist" her. To my knowledge the GPA is 3.8 and the PCAT is pending - just took in Oct.

I am concerned that the 2010 seats are filling rather quickly. What are the odds of getting an interview at either of these schools if she can get the pharmcas/apps sent out this week? (I was under the impression SU did not use pharmacas?)

Sorry for the newbie questions but I wasn't sure where to post.

TIA

Last edited:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.